Amy Rose Is Here!

Lilly

...to ruin Sonic's day. =P *bricked*

Yeah, saw an opportunity and took it, I'm lame like that!

Anyway, I managed to update my Amy character skin not too long after the 2.1.1 release. I'm happy to present the only other character skin I made that I'm proud of, Amy Rose. Some of her sprites are a bit wobbly from how terrible of an animator I was years ago, but she's still as cute as ever to watch in action!

***Special Thanks Goes To***
- Chrispy, for improving Amy's shading and changing the way her arms move when she walks.
- zck2020, for making an excellent character selection pic for Amy.
- MotorRoach, for drawing the tipping frames, and some of the bubble breath/falling sprites.
- Credit to Senku Niola for fixing said ports so they work correctly in match and change colors correctly, and even play differently.

***Usage***

Amy comes in two different flavors! Amy.wad is in ability, "What you see is what you get!", a slightly slower, but more controllable, Sonic with a red thok.

AmyRose.wad is the alternate version, which features a double jump ability, and you get to see her running with the pico pico hammer. (Although it's unusable as a spin attack because of the way abilities work now. I could curse in book titles!)

Let me know if there are any problems with her, guys! I put the update fix together in a matter of minutes and tested each out in Green Flower Zone to make sure they didn't crash or look weird. (Running the 2.0 versions as-is made Amy's default color cyan, WTF.) I'm more than willing to fix problems if they come up.

Attachments

• srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 12,373
  • srb20001.png
    srb20001.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 8,834
  • srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 6,081
  • Amy_Rose.zip
    124.5 KB · Views: 12,044
Last edited:
Psst, "Ground The Fox" is now MotorRoach, just letting you know. =P

He gets rather touchy about his old name, so probably best to change it before he notices.~

A heads up, for amy.wad the ability description on character select is describing a double jump when the character thoks! It's completely wrong, so I'll have to ask you to change that before I pass it. Sorry.

Ouch, that's a pretty big oversight. O: I blame XWE for corrupting my work too often, I should have seen that myself. Thanks for pointing it out, I fixed it now, as well as a typo I missed in the description.

Psst, "Ground The Fox" is now MotorRoach, just letting you know. =P

He gets rather touchy about his old name, so probably best to change it before he notices.~

I was wondering where Ground went. =P Good to know he's still around under an alias I've already seen, he's come a long way as an artist. I made sure to update even the Readme's and internal SOC files with his new name.

Thanks, Whackjood! It feels good having my characters submitted formally this time around.

Start using SLADE instead :V

If it works under WINE, and if I have to open anymore WADs in the future, I'll definitely consider it. That old beta of XWE has long since outlived its usefulness for me, the darn thing's too unstable. O:<

I like this character wad, it's one of the wads that I used in 2.0.x. There was a glitch in 2.0.x, where if you added both amys you had the sprites of thokamy but with a double jump.

The sonic/thok amy is good like that, but there are some things that should be fixed about the Hammer version:

She needs real 6/7/8 frames for running, a lot of animations(even in the normal srb2) use the mirroring and create wrong animations with that, but here it's very noticeable with the big hammer. One part of the hammer has a black outline, I'd remove that and replace it with a colored one.

Since 2.1, we can finally create a lot of custom abilities with lua, I think amy should get a new ability where she can use her hammer, maybe make it like in sadx, so you do a hammer attack(to break walls and enemies) when you press the button, a hammer spin(works like spinjump) when you press it in the air and a hammer jump when you press it while running.

Now that we finally got a pink color, amy should use that(or maybe one version of it), you'd need to change her dress color to the red one like in game and then change the pink outline that you did because it's on the superknux pink range instead of the normal pink color range. Both of them can be done very easy with Slade's palette change.

What is the command you used to transform? Just out of curiosity.

That happens to me too, I get Sonic transformation's sprites, instead of Amy's. That happened to me in almost every character I downloaded. And when I say all, I mean ALL. I don't know... Maybe make an animation of transformation, as in the character Puffball?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only character I used that had an animation of transformation, is the character Puffball.

EDIT: Now Rosy has them too. I love them.

Last edited:
No, I was pointing out there were monitor sprites in her super transformation. You might wanna fix that.

Oh sorry, I didn't notice. I was talking about the Transformation Sprites, because... All kinda need it. Tails has Transformation sprites, and looks better than transforming and seeing Sonic transforming instead. Like Puffball.

Agustin1216 said:
Oh sorry, I didn't notice. I was talking about the Transformation Sprites, because... All kinda need it. Tails has Transformation sprites, and looks better than transforming and seeing Sonic transforming instead. Like Puffball.

Heh, Blaze is probably my only character with transformation sprites, and those were leftovers from her Nights mode WAD. I really should update that thing, I can't enjoy Nights mode as much with vanilla Super Sonic.

I agree more characters need those frames, they're pretty nice to have.

She needs real 6/7/8 frames for running, a lot of animations(even in the normal srb2) use the mirroring and create wrong animations with that, but here it's very noticeable with the big hammer. One part of the hammer has a black outline, I'd remove that and replace it with a colored one.

Since 2.1, we can finally create a lot of custom abilities with lua, I think amy should get a new ability where she can use her hammer, maybe make it like in sadx, so you do a hammer attack(to break walls and enemies) when you press the button, a hammer spin(works like spinjump) when you press it in the air and a hammer jump when you press it while running.

Now that we finally got a pink color, amy should use that(or maybe one version of it), you'd need to change her dress color to the red one like in game and then change the pink outline that you did because it's on the superknux pink range instead of the normal pink color range. Both of them can be done very easy with Slade's palette change.

I wouldn't mind fixing her up with LUA scripts, but I know next to nothing about LUA, let alone SOCs. I'm willing to put up with headache of learning a new language, but not exclusively for a few character skins I made several years ago. If anybody with LUA knowledge gets bored and wants to jump on that, you're more than welcome to.

As for changing her palette. Assuming I read that right, it's intended for her dress to change color, because it would be weird for a female character to do. You can modify this with your own copy of the WAD, if Slade makes it that easy.

That GIF tells me nothing. Context please.

I'm sorry to add, but the legs look kind of bowed. Amy looks like she has rickets.

Other than that, nice wad. Also, the GIF is to tell you that something isn't working. You shouldn't mindlessly bark at people for trying to give you feedback.

Anyway, you have a long way to go before you become an expert, that's for sure.

Hey, maybe you could message me and I'll teach you how to make great wads, or there are a bunch of tutorials on the Srb2 Wiki to help you. I'm trying to reach out to you right now, so don't bark back at me for it.

Its okay .Luke, we all have weaknesses at something in life....

Last edited:
That gif used to be showing Amy turning into a monitor when turning super, but apparently it changed into that one day.

Yup, and my response to that went nonsense.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Heh, Blaze is probably my only character with transformation sprites, and those were leftovers from her Nights mode WAD. I really should update that thing, I can't enjoy Nights mode as much with vanilla Super Sonic.

I agree more characters need those frames, they're pretty nice to have.

8oQxB.gif

Did i tell you i love Blaze too?

But... Like Amy, has a monitor sprite in his transforming animation. Beside of that, i love it too, along Rosy and Puffball.

(Do not ask me why I'm always at the same level in Multiplayer, I just like a lot for its soundtrack, and because it is easier to get the emeralds. And that's not to say it is easier to take off the shield that prevents transforming.)

EDIT: Metal Sonic added to that list. Also, i love his spriting more than nothing.

Last edited:
The sprite monitor bug should have been fixed in an update, but jeez, the super form's that broken? She's supposed to be burning freaking Blaze in that situation. Ah well, needed to update the Sol Emerald WAD anyway.

If somebody wouldn't mind sharing a save file with all seven emeralds with me through PMs, so I can play test this to work, I could really use one. Saves are working properly on the Linux port now, but I'm too busy with art projects to play through all the nights stages right now.

Its okay .Luke, we all have weaknesses at something in life....

And trolling is most certainly one of your's. Next.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back