SRB2 v2.0 is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we're sorry you disagree. It's intentional. Play the game more and get better.

We decided that it was in the best interest to only save per zone, in order to give the game more challenge and a stronger urgency to persevere when faced with a difficult challenge past the first act.

Only, that doesn't work because I will play through the entire first act again when I die in act 2 anyway due to wishing to preserve lives. The new save system fails, and it intentionally fails, which is even worse.

I have a problem when i start game:
1 player > start game
The game close and appairing:
(X) bad savegame in slot 3

And in the title screen there is a white part over.

Tell me how can i do :@

BlueZero4 said:
But how will that work for custom levels? I don't always make 3-act zones, SonicT.
There's probably a variable in the level header that sets it to autosave upon reaching that zone.

LilRobot said:
No servers show up on the MS :(

Known bug. We're working on it.

I don't know why you guys didn't expect release to be a bit rocky...we're going to try and fix as much as we can.

Spazzo said:
LilRobot said:
No servers show up on the MS :(

Known bug. We're working on it.

I don't know why you guys didn't expect release to be a bit rocky...we're going to try and fix as much as we can.
Well, actually, I kinda expected something like this ._.

Zanyhead said:
Only, that doesn't work because I will play through the entire first act again when I die in act 2 anyway due to wishing to preserve lives. The new save system fails, and it intentionally fails, which is even worse.

Then don't play that way anymore. Use a different method. You still have a good point though. Thanks for the suggestion.

In case it hasn't been mentioned already, I got my promotion to staff for doing a majority of Knux' frames.

I can confirm Chrispy's statement. The only frames AJ did were spinning, spring-hitting, and falling. We realized this dilemma a number of months ago and looked for a spriter outside of the dev circle to see if we can at least get something nicer than Jackel's model sprites in there, and this is the result.

Spazzo said:
I can confirm Chrispy's statement. The only frames AJ did were spinning, spring-hitting, and falling. We realized this dilemma a number of months ago and looked for a spriter outside of the dev circle to see if we can at least get something nicer than Jackel's model sprites in there, and this is the result.
Aslo i have the patch for update but i cant get SRB2 2.0.0.1. Can you help me?

I've gotten up to Egg Rock. So far, the level I love and hate the most is Arid Canyon. I love it because the theme is awesome and the textures and music accompany it perfectly. I hate it because the platforming is usually accompanied by a death pit, which was surprising since death pits are seemingly amateur in level design. It made the platforming more forced, whereas it wasn't "Don't worry, if you fall, you'll be able to climb back up and try again!" but instead it was "HAH YOU FELL ALLOW ME TO STEAL A LIFE FROM YOU."

I personally agree with the above post.

Also, whenever I try to join a net game, it gives me a segment violation.
(Yes I join net games at this time of night. Yay nocternalism!)

Another thing. How do you get Srb2 2.1? Yes, I saw the servers for it so I will get the answer.

You mean 2.0.1. You get it from the srb2.org website. There is a small download for the patch since it is just an exe update. DO NOT USE THE SRB2UPDATER AT THIS TIME! IT IS BUGGED AND WILL "DOWNGRADE" YOUR VERSION INSTEAD!

Spazzo said:
Well, we're sorry you disagree. It's intentional. Play the game more and get better.

We decided that it was in the best interest to only save per zone, in order to give the game more challenge and a stronger urgency to persevere when faced with a difficult challenge past the first act.
Well, Half-Life 2 was fairly grueling, but the saving system was phenomenal because it let you try the hard parts over and over again in such rapid succession that your skill literally improved because you were constantly trying different techniques. I don't really think that encountering said problematic challenge only once every 5 minutes would help develop skill.

That said, I suppose my gripes with SRB2's life system shows itself in my level design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back