This'd Be A Good Addition To The Game ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like what kind of settings? Most of the settings should be being saved by the game itself. If they aren't, how about getting the game itself to save them instead of using a launcher to do it?

Cue said:
We aren't doing libraries because it requires extra installations

1. You're programming this now, not me. We agreed on this. Get your head together.

2. I already said that those libraries do not require extra installation. Even so, refer to #1.

FoxBlitzz said:
Ooh, ooh, pick me! I'd love to design a new launcher program!

You know, I actually made one in Multimedia Fusion for my own purposes some time ago, but it's fairly dated and has a few issues (that, and it's made in MMF). Now that I have some knowledge in C++ I could perhaps make something in Qt or wxWidgets.

I've been using the old launcher for all my .wads so far and I haven't really had any obvious problems. =\

I can think of one: It doesn't save your settings.

i think if you're willing to do it, then why not ?
especially for future reasons, when more WADs'll be completed and ready for use .
if you're up for it, then i think a lot of players will be grateful :)
its all up to you guys, the Admins and such .

Since some people didn't like the first design:

SRB2LauncherMockSimple.png

The Advanced Mode button would, in turn, launch the window seen in the previous design.

What the...? Why does that look so familiar?

...Meh, it's probably something else that had nothing to do with a WAD Launcher.

PSI Hedgehog Chris said:
What the...? Why does that look so familiar?

...Meh, it's probably something else that had nothing to do with a WAD Launcher.
Maybe it's the Unreal series you're thinking of? As early as the original Unreal Tournament the games had an inbuilt swapping system for Mutators (the Unreal equivalent of Wads, for the un-initiated) using a very similar two column drag-drop interface to what FB has here. Speaking out of personal experience, naturally, I can say it's extremely effective and noob-friendly, and I wouldn't want it any other way. :)

SnowPrincess said:
FoxBlitzz said:

You know, I actually made one in Multimedia Fusion for my own purposes some time ago, but it's fairly dated and has a few issues (that, and it's made in MMF). Now that I have some knowledge in C++ I could perhaps make something in Qt or wxWidgets.

I've been using the old launcher for all my .wads so far and I haven't really had any obvious problems. =\

especially for future reasons, when more WADs'll be completed and ready for use .

Don't you mean "yerr"?

Well anyway... it would be cool if you could add wads with a browser ingame.

Last edited:
well a cheacklist seems like a great idea to me.

i think it should happen. it would make it so i could play single player all the way through with other charteres besides knux, tails, and sonic

Re: well a cheacklist seems like a great idea to me.

Piegawd said:
i think it should happen. it would make it so i could play single player all the way through with other charteres besides knux, tails, and sonic

addfile (filename)
devmode
devmode
map map##

Easy.

stoneywagner said:
SnowPrincess said:
FoxBlitzz said:

Don't you mean "yerr"?

no, i don't .

if it could be shorter,
than great .

but its perfect otherwise,
looks easy to use, so no one would get stupid questions about how you save .

Making the window vertically resizable will take care of that. I made it that height because I figured it'd allow you to see more WADs at once, but I guess it's too large for some.

FoxBlitzz said:
Making the window vertically resizable will take care of that. I made it that height because I figured it'd allow you to see more WADs at once, but I guess it's too large for some.

i would imagine you did it for that purpose .
i actually like it so that you could see more WADs at once,
but at the same time, it could be shorter .

good job, though, really .
it would be perfect :)

How about something like this:
srb2net.gif

If it's any good, I might try to design the Files tab (adding WADs) tommorow, and MAYBE netplay, if I can think of anything to put there. But I'm definitely not planning on making this. This is just something I put together in Interface Builder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back