SRB2JTE.exe: The official SRB to JTE conversion utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is awesome. I haven't played srb2jte before. What i like on here is

you can play as Sonic & tails just like in Sonic 2

the Soviet Russia mode was different compared to other modes. the rings start chasing you at slow speed

it's really good

I love the expansion, but the fog really annoys me. How do you send it back to the normal stuff without halloween stuff. Your inventions really are starting to creep me out Jason.

you use the netlauncher, and were you put -xmas put -holiday 4 or any number besides 5 or 7

Dash the Hedgehog said:
I love the expansion, but the fog really annoys me. How do you send it back to the normal stuff without halloween stuff.
I completely agree. I can't see a dang thing in some of the Acid Missile levels! x_x I tried adding srb2.srb, 3drend.dll, and music.dta with the addfile command, yet nothing changed. What'd you do to this thing? o_O EDIT: Oh, nvm, kthxbai

But anyway, I like the new additions. Bots in CTF crashed me multiple times, and I haven't figured out why yet, but I haven't really had any problems in any other mode. I was wondering where you got the music (for some reason, it reminded me of an SNES Scoobydoo videogame), but after hearing CEZ3, I'm pretty sure it was Earthbound. =P

To disable holidays, use -noholiday, -noxmas, or -holiday 0. Do not use other numbers with -holiday, as they are reserved for the other holidays which, as of yet, have few or no changes.

I agree that in the darker levels, the "fog" gets to be a bit much... I may make it be always the same foggyness in later releases, for now all I can say is you should memorise the layouts of said maps and then enjoy being able to run through them blindly in netgames. :P

Yes, I did take the singleplayer music from EarthBound. Greatest trippy game ever, I say! The title screen music and NiGHTs theme are part of my two favorite 7th Guest OC ReMixes, however. I'm oldschool.

This is what Red Volcano Zone looks like in SRB2JTE

srb20004hn3.png

Anyways. You have no chance to survive the supervirus, make your time. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :twisted:

Bots are cool as well.

Would it be possible to turn the fog off compleatly, only have the fog on when a map is designed to have fog on?

It would make things alot easier, or only have fog on when you get a certain hight in a level to simulate passing the cloud cover!

Dash the Hedgehog said:
This is what Red Volcano Zone looks like in SRB2JTE

[image]
That isn't too bad of a view, actually. You know where the lava is, now you just need to distinguish the walls and the platforms. ;P

When you try to start it up right? If I understand the problem correctly, you triggered the "Supervirus". For some reason SRB2JTE has to be on OpenGL when Supervirus is on for it to start up right.

Torgo said:
When you try to start it up right? If I understand the problem correctly, you triggered the "Supervirus". For some reason SRB2JTE has to be on OpenGL when Supervirus is on for it to start up right.

I'm running blind whether I use openGL mode or not, and the console command in the first post which is ment to remove the fog does nothing!

Crap. No Universe...

EDIT:

You should edit the "OpenGL is not supported..." make it only appear on software, and make it say "Software is not supported..." as most of JTE's crashes show up in Software mode.

:? Yes, yes... I know the fog makes dark places much too dark, I know the SuperVirus fizz goes boom in software mode (AGAIN) for some reason...
But there is good news.

I just saved a load of money on my car insurance by switching to Project NetNavi.

Besides, I was thinking something more along the lines of having the "fog" always be the exact same "thickness" regardless of what the map's light level says... And Software usually crashes due to drawing pixels offscreen, which sucks...

When you load it up do you also have to delete the OTHER SRB2JTE?
Because when i load it up on SA_City it has no difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back