Inside the SASRB2 SOC: Exposed! Update: 4/17/04, Lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rules said:
5. Keep any arguments you have with other members outside of the board. Likewise, flaming, or mindless insulting of another user, is strictly prohibited.
Guess who posted that, too?

hotdog003 said:
The Rules said:
5. Keep any arguments you have with other members outside of the board. Likewise, flaming, or mindless insulting of another user, is strictly prohibited.
Guess who posted that, too?
The irony of the flame form is that it's not really a flame. It's got too much intelligence to be a real flame, since we all know no one actually believes that any of the insulting checkboxes are true. That's the beauty of it. It's a mildly humorous way to make a point. Hopefully he'll actually GET the point, but I figure at least I tried.

So go watch a Hamtaro marathon or something ^_~

Mystic said:
we all know no one actually believes that any of the insulting checkboxes are true.

Well, it fooled me. :|
Although, I'm really gullible. 'Course my mom calls it "Overly trusting". :roll:

FuriousFox said:
Back on-topic, I found a list of all Things in info.h, and they seemed to be organized by the number they go by in SOC files. It also had a list of all the attributes you could change (like painchance and mass). So I decided to copy and paste that list, then I numbered every Thing in it. You can find that list here: http://www.geocities.com/furiousfox1988/socthingnums.txt

Good! Now do the same thing for sprites and animation frames! :lol:

Seriously. The hardest thing about SOC/Dehacked editing is finding all these dang numbers numbers for everything.

"SPRITE 1 ON THING 6 FRAME 1204 DISPLAY LIGHT 9"

Even if there was just a plain ol' dehacked editor out there, I'd be happy.

Actually when I was working on Castle Wolfenstein I ripped a list for Sprites, Sounds and Things...

To use these, copy and paste into Notepad, turn off Word Wrap, and turn on the Status Bar so it'll give you the line #. Or, if tou have another text editor that can do those things, use that if you prefer. I'm just too lazy to number 'em.

***SSNTails SNIP!***

Shadow Hog said:
Actually when I was working on Castle Wolfenstein I ripped a list for Sprites, Sounds and Things...

You mean you were on the staff?

Uh... I mean the SRB2 wad for the last competition, not the actual game. MUCH too young to have worked on any of those.

BlazeHedgehog said:
Seriously. The hardest thing about SOC/Dehacked editing is finding all these dang numbers numbers for everything.

"SPRITE 1 ON THING 6 FRAME 1204 DISPLAY LIGHT 9"

Even if there was just a plain ol' dehacked editor out there, I'd be happy.

I spent 7 hours making this today:

http://www.sepwich.com/ssntails/SOCEdit.zip

Perhaps the most useful page right now will be the Thing Edit, where it'll show you all of the source code defaults. Note that this includes 1.09's source, which will be slightly different.

FYI, you need to double click on a SOC file before it'll let you go to the pages. Also make sure the location of the source dir is pointing to the same dir where you put the SOCEdit (since it contains the needed code files).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back