Custom Abilities Suggestion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyclone attack: When the spindash button is pressed for three or less seconds, the enemies rotate around you and they stay paralized for three seconds. If the spindash button is held for more than three seconds, the player gets dizzy as well.
Swim: After jumping, the spindash button would be pressed in water, the character swims as if a/he was riding ERZ3's missile.
Revdash: Like the spindash, but it is way more controlled but makes the player vulnerable. Can break through breakable blocks.

Last edited:
Straight glide - Lets you glide on a straight line without falling unless you let go of the jump button.
Fly to glide - After flying, press a button again to glide.
Digging - Okay so now I'm thinking of Rouge... But I was thinking we could have this digging feature where we could have items underground and some characters can dig for them. Won't work in THZ metal floors though.

I don't really like the insta shield idea on the ground. Could it be abused?

Slow air - While underwater, if you have this ability you will be able to survive in water 2X longer.

No it Abuse is double jumping causes a infinte loop of amagond blasts

Special abilite power up (Like in Sonic Rivals)
Sonic-Blast forward really fast
Tails- Disables all robots in area
Knuckles- Blows thingys up :D

Hmmm.... These are some really good ideas.

If only we can put these ideas into good use. Im starting to get tired of the Floating ability.

Not sure if my suggestion have been said before but here you go:

Scale: The player beacame temporaly big or small
Glide Blast: See SRB2SPMoves JTE's glide(Aslo Know as Thok-Glide)
Teleport: Simple. You teleport anywhere but you need a certain number of rings(75 rings should be ok)
Enemies Control: See Silver2.wad enemies control.(This was defunct)

Something for ability2.

Falljump- Like nojumpspin in that you go into your falling sprites when you're, um, falling, and in your spinning sprites when you jump. You also can spin and go into your spinning sprites for a moment when you're thokking if you've gotten into your falling frames.

I see one problem with ALL ability2 things.

If you don't have spindash, or an ability that has about the same properties in ways...you CAN't slide under a tight spot or break a wall, blocking the level's progress for many custom characters. Isn't there something that can be done about that?

And I'd say...

-Jumpanims-
0: Simply spin.
1: Go into your spinning animation when going up, and into your falling animations when you're falling.
2: Spring-up animations when you go up, into spinning frames when you fall.
3: Same as nojumpspin. Go into your spring-up animation when going up, falling animation when you fall down.

Waterskip:
Same as in 1.09.4. Had both it's advantages and disadvantages when chosen.

Superpeelout:
Already requested, I think. Charge up, charge time being slightly longer than the spindash, and then zoom off at speed 60 or 50 or so. You maintain your speed untill you hit an obstacle, wall, jump, or brake. As long as you're "superdashing", you can run over water, unless waterskip is set to be 0. It's an ability2 thing, and can't be used unless you stand still.

Endcolor:
Always a good thing to keep in optionally, as you can set more than 15 colors if so is needed.

If you don't have spindash, or an ability that has about the same properties in ways...you CAN't slide under a tight spot or break a wall, blocking the level's progress for many custom characters. Isn't there something that can be done about that?
IIRC, you can still roll into a ball if you're going fast enough, you just can't charge your dash.

Also, we're not concerned about custom characters not being able to complete official stages. Eggrock in particular is designed for Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, and nobody else. It shouldn't be surprising that it's possible to create characters that are simply incapable of completing it.

(No idea if anybody has suggested this yet, so...)
Insta-shield from S&K with the same "Double jump uses a different ability depending on your current shield" thing. ACTIONSPEED changes how long the Insta-Shield will last in tics, but the higher the number, the weaker the DJ Shield powers become. MULTIABLITY will increse the power of each DJ Shield ability by about 10 to 25 percent.

Hey, is this topic going to be pruned sometime?

An ability that grants a character the ability to shoot rings. I'm not educated on how ability2 works, but it would be awesome to be able use the ability2 variable to set which item is being fired. The drawback would be that the character wouldn't have a mid-air action of the normal variety. Considering that SRB2 has a heavy stress on jumping around like crazy, not having a mid-air action is a serious drawback. Many characters would use the fired object to softcode their own custom ability anyway, so it's not like it's uncalled for.

In a similar fashion to how the homing thok currently sets the speed of the thok based on the speed stat of the character, all abilities should have a similar feature incorporated. For example, thok speed being inversely proportional to the character's runspeed would create for some insane balancing, especially if the maximum runspeed is pushed to ~45. For characters on the high end of the spectrum, thokking would be more like an air brake, while characters who can't run for beans could thok at crazy-high speeds (Perhaps ~75?). Characters in the middle would use the thok as both instant acceleration and air control, although it would be close to their runspeed.

That said, I'm fairly sure that the maxspeed of SRB2 would have serious problems with someone thokking 90 consistently.

Last edited:
I suggest instead of adding the old things back, add more things for "ability2"
if set to 2, you get what the 'nojumpspin' used to do (no multiability)
if set to 3, you get spindashing turned off. (no multiability)
if set to 4, you get 2, but with multiability on
if set to 5, you get 3, but with multiability on
if set to 6, you can only do your ability underwater. (swimming would be made obsolete with this)
I can't think of any more ideas, but I'll add more later

Swim: After jumping, the spindash button would be pressed in water, the character swims as if a/he was riding ERZ3's missile.
There's already a swim ability on tails or customs characters like silver. You have to press Jump Button while jumping like tails flying ability or hold it like silver.

I REALLY want allowsuper to come back, I know that's more of an S_SKIN thing but it could be an ability too (Thok unless have all the emeralds or something).

Multiability: lets you do a ability a specified number of times instead.
EX: MULTIABILITY 3

Then if the ability is double jump... instead the character can jump 3 times!

I just turned on my good ol' dos box once again and immediately had this idea. A Pogo mode kind of like in the Commander Keen games. It might be activated by pressing the jump button while in midair and deactivated by pressing jump once again.

While in pogo mode:
- you will start bouncing off the ground with very small jumps that slowly become higher and higher until a certain height is reached (for example 500 fracunits).
- your accelstart and acceleration paramaters will only count half their original size.

Ups:
- Possibility to perform much higher jumps as usual.

Downs:
- Hard to control.
- Easy to be hit during the first few pogo jumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back