"Possible" Sonic Chronicles 2 confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cream is good when it consists on critical times, unfortunately, her POW Moves fail when you miss one only time, like Tails, but if we had a Ferox chao, we could bond it to Cream and even if it misses, it'll always work.

I just beat it today. :D

And I laughed HARD at what Omega first says in the end.

edit: I couldn't even find Omega in the game ;_;.

If Bioware can screw up an RPG, then there's no hope for the Sonic franchise.

Give up, Chronicles was pathetically bad.

I'm having trouble getting around Metropolis with Tails' Team -.-'
I'm stuck at the entrance to the sewers

Furyhunter said:

I haven't played the game yet, but considering a large majority of the press is giving the game ratings between 7 and 8, I'm inclined to disagree.

Lightning_The_Hedgehog said:
QUOTED FOR TRUTH!
Would you mind at least telling us why you think it's so awful?
Sure, it wasn't the most revolutionary addition to the Sonic series I was expecting, and the music/sound effects/3D models were "substandard" compared to even one of Sonic's worst 3D games. Despite that, the game-play and story was pretty solid. I'm looking forward to this sequel, assuming SEGA lets Bioware have total control over it. I'm afraid they might try to "supervise" the entire production of the game and taint it.

Providing they don't screw t up like Sonic 360, then I do't really care what SEGA & Bioware do for the next sequel as it was good in my opinions. Yes, there was definetely room fo improvement as repeating the game again to get all the frggin rings & eggs is just not cool as it takes a hwile to get to the last chapter -_- but not that long luckily.

Furyhunter said:

You gotta' be kidding me....

How was this game any bad? Well, seeing as I haven't played it yet, I'm gonna' have to trust everyone else (GI gave Dark Brotherhood an 8.5 out of 10!!!!) because I'm guessing that you lost hope in Sonic years ago.
Honestly, I have to play Sonic Chronicles.... I bet it's got at least one thing that I was expecting.... The ability to be better than the Mario RPGs.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Honestly, I have to play Sonic Chronicles.... I bet it's got at least one thing The ability to be better than the Mario RPGs.
Not really. In the Mario series, it has difficulty and replay value, (missions, Pit of 100 Trials...) which this game really has a lack of. Besides, with the exception of SMRPG and MLSS, the Mario RPG series totally beat this.

The Dark Fox said:
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Honestly, I have to play Sonic Chronicles.... I bet it's got at least one thing The ability to be better than the Mario RPGs.
Not really. In the Mario series, it has difficulty and replay value, (missions, Pit of 100 Trials...) which this game really has a lack of. Besides, with the exception of SMRPG and MLSS, the Mario RPG series totally beat this.
2nd

Also guys,it wasn't that bad.Most sites said "Its our old Sonic again!"Only a few said it was just "good"

Yeah, this definitely sounds like a game which would be just "decent". I can understand some sites overhyping this, since it's been a long while that we've had a really good Sonic game.

I honestly didn't concern myself with this title much in the first place. I was convinced that this would be a pretty good game, but there was nothing in the trailers that blew me away. In contrast, I can tell in the Sonic Unleashed trailers that the level design brings for [insert horrible "Endless Possibilities" pun here].

Dr.Pepper said:
Lightning_The_Hedgehog said:
QUOTED FOR TRUTH!
Would you mind at least telling us why you think it's so awful?
Sure, it wasn't the most revolutionary addition to the Sonic series I was expecting, and the music/sound effects/3D models were "substandard" compared to even one of Sonic's worst 3D games. Despite that, the game-play and story was pretty solid. I'm looking forward to this sequel, assuming SEGA lets Bioware have total control over it. I'm afraid they might try to "supervise" the entire production of the game and taint it.
I think it's awful because of the fighting. The graphics and the game is just plain bad!

Lightning_The_Hedghog said:
The graphics and the game is just plain bad!
The battle system I can live with but you're just going to give a game a bad rating just for the graphics?

Autosaver said:
IMO, I think the score should be between 7-9.

I guess I'll write my review in a little bit.......^_^

I think I'd start writing my review now. Here it comes.

The maps were very nice & well detailed especially Green Hill & Blue Ridge (I loved that stage if only it could be made on srb2) the battle system was pretty good, but the PP moves were a bit annoying to get used to at first in the battles. The final battle was a bit of a letdown. The first round of ???? was more like the final boss. The graphics were okish, but if they do make a sequel, I hope they improve it a bit. The characters were picked properly, and this time had fairish stats except Shadow who is ****** up in his stat group. The missions were good, better than the ones I would play on Super Mario RPG, but they were pretty annoying at times especially The 9th chapter's one, and the one in Blue Ridge. The chao system could of improved a lot more as I was a bit letdown about that as all you did was collect them, and the only thing they do is give you a powerup, or give you an element of some sort depending on which chao you've equipped to whichever character. Some character models could of improved as I said in recent posts, as Shadow & Eggman ran like retards, but hey, what do you expect from them?

I rate this game 8/10, good for a first Sonic RPG, but there is definetely room for improvement. I hope to play this sequel when/if it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back