Alice: Madness Returns - Wonderland just got even more awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XAlted

What in the hell?
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/20/alice-madness-returns/

From what I understand it's a sequel to a previous Alice game that I've never heard of, but a lot of people apparently liked. Regardless of my lack of knowledge about the original; this game simply looks too awesome for words.

amr-01screen.jpg

amr-03screen.jpg

amr-05screen.jpg

amr-02screen.jpg

amr-04screen.jpg

AMR-01.jpg

AMR-02.jpg

AMR-03.jpg

AMR-06.jpg

AMR-05.jpg

AMR-04.jpg

So yeah, feel free to share your opinions.

Update: It's official, and the game is coming in 2011 for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. Catch the terrifying teaser after the break, and the press release here.

The concept art looks really good. Even though it also looks a bit frightening. I'll probably check out the demo if one comes out on the 360.

1. Why is Alice wearing a ribbon belt with a skull bowtie
2. Why is she weilding a blood-stained knife
3. Why is she fighting off zombie playing cards
I am just guessing here, but this game will probably be rated M.

Judging by some of the responses in this thread, American McGee is going to make millions off of people who have no clue that this isn't quite Alice in Wonderland: the Game.

It looks cool, but I'm not for the "bloody killing spree" games like this. Plus, I don't really like Alice in Wonderland to start with, although this game makes it seem cooler. But it's funny about what you just siad:
A little kid buys this game, pops it in the disc holder. An hour later, he goes up to his mom and asks "why is Alice's head being ripped off?", with optoinable crying included!

This is giving that false impression that games need to be dark in order to sell. Sheesh, when will people see how unnecessary blood is?

The original Mcgee Alice wasn't very interesting to play, to be honest, just due to clunky gameplay mechanics.

But the concept and execution was very interesting, a twisted wonderland and what not. If Madness Returns manages to fix the clunky gameplay of the previous game, then I'll be interested.

Oh, and I would love to see the reaction of shocked parents when they find that the animated Disney Alice in Wonderland they remember isn't quite the same after buying this for their children, no matter how obvious it is, some parent will buy this for their young kid.

Most of these screenshots just left me speechless, and I'm not even sure what I want to say.

Oh, and I would love to see the reaction of shocked parents when they find that the animated Disney Alice in Wonderland they remember isn't quite the same after buying this for their children, no matter how obvious it is, some parent will buy this for their young kid.

I was just thinking the same thing a moment ago

Is this the sequel to the game where fan made modifications changed the player to Alice Margatroid?

Also, bandwidth isn't free. Don't hotlink.

Is this the sequel to the game where fan made modifications changed the player to Alice Margatroid?

Thankfully, no.

Edit: Actually, I dunno. Probably, knowing all the shit Touhou freaks get their little hands on.

Last edited:
This is giving that false impression that games need to be dark in order to sell. Sheesh, when will people see how unnecessary blood is?

Hey. It could be twisted a wee bit more. They could have made the blood into swirling blobbing vats of blobbing sludge and shards of glass or other easily shattered material.

But my oh my. We finally get to see the preview of the Alice sequel. And it looks even more twisted and nightmare inducing with a heavy element of Mind Rape due to this being an adventure in Alice's highly psychotic mind. This is right up my alley.

In fact I should get a hold of the original seeing as I never played it. Loved the art style and frightening imagery though. Watching gameplay videos made me more anxious to pick up the first.

Aw man. Now if only I had a PS3 or an Xbox 360.

Whackjood said:
Oh, and I would love to see the reaction of shocked parents when they find that the animated Disney Alice in Wonderland they remember isn't quite the same after buying this
First rule of Alice in wonderland: Never think it to be Disney friendly.

yes i know it's a pretty big bump shut up

Oh gee, look what I found

Anyways, for the people who haven't seen or heard of this game since this topic died, I'd encourage others to at least look into it. The game looks much better than the last game in the Alice series (lol quake 3 engine), and the combat also looks much more polished.

also cheshire cat looks completely badass <3

Did they just make American McGee Alice into a hack and slash instead of a Platforming Puzzle solver with a few fights scattered in between?

I think... I'm no longer interested.

Did they just make American McGee Alice into a hack and slash instead of a Platforming Puzzle solver with a few fights scattered in between?

Well, I'm playing the first one right now, and there's usually enemies all around. They didn't really show a ton of gameplay anyways, so I'm sure they're going to have the same general gameplay from the last game, maybe with a bit more combat.

I honestly don't mind, though.

I remember playing the first Alice for hours when I was a kid. Seeing this trailer, I definitely intend on getting the sequel whenever it comes out.

I'm sure they're going to have the same general gameplay from the last game, maybe with a bit more combat.

I don't personally mind combat every now and then, though I get the feeling that If I play the demo of this ((if they're releasing one that is)) it'll be another tedious hack n' slash with two simplistic puzzle elements.

If this becomes the result, then I expect some pretty mind numbing puzzles to repress any 3 minute battles in the final.

Deja Vu :)

Now, as for me, this game reminded me ALOT Silent Hill Homecoming, the way she held the enviroments, the stages, heck, even the enemies resembled the Schisms, altrough, same as always, the actual game is not nearly as gory as it seems to be in the trailers.

So far, I havn´t seen a single franchise to do that, to stick out of the usual, and make a completeley gorier version of the universe. Well, still, I would most likeley not have bought it anyways unless it had really good feedback, as it is designed by EA, and most people know how epic they can get at screwing up games, and also, the playing character´s a woman, not like I´m a sexist or dislike them, I´m just too proud of my manlyhood.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back