• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2: Chaotic Darkness: Demo2 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJames19119

Why did they remove Grey
Remember that level pack I showed you guys earlier that I was still working on? It's now a part of a mod. :P

The story of this mod focuses on the Black Emerald recently added to SRB2. It should include about 50 levels (More than Mystic Realm!) and some new enemies added through SOC Edits.

But...a few levels here and there still need tweaking and one's even unfinished so there's no demo yet. :oops:

In meantime, enjoy this movie:

http://www.sepwich.com/srpgp/srbcd.zip

I decided I'd hype my mod and try Fraps out at the same time to kill two birds with one stone. :P

Maybe not the best idea though. I do actually play better than how I played in there, blame it on the nasty framerate. x_X Which I am deeply sorry for btw, it appears that my computer isn't as strong as I once thought it would be. >_> Meh, well enjoy, that is, if you like lame videos.

I guess that's it...I'm gone. *Hides from flamers*

----------

Update: Screenshots of what will likely be the best and hardest (not ot mention the hardest to get to) level in the upcoming demo I plan to release.

srb20014.png

srb20015.png

srb20016.png

----------

Update V2: DEMO RELEASE D:

http://www.supersanctuary.com/srpgp/cloud9/scr_chaoticdarknessdemo.zip

OMFG :O

----------

Update V3: 2nd demo.

http://www.supersanctuary.com/srpgp/cloud9/scr_chaoticdarknessdemo2fix.zip - 1.19 MB

This is mostly bug fixing and minor adding but list of changes since last demo:

• Lesser Rings in SP stages
  • Special Stage 2 changed a bit
  • Match Stages added to the match rotation and changed somewhat
  • Biggest change of all: CFZ1 has had a major revamp and has a totally new beginning and end, and it feels so much more alive. I strongly suggest you try it out if you liked LFZ2.

Enjoy and please report any bugs you find.

Uh, 50 levels? Maybe that's OK for an adventure style game, but running through 50 levels in one day in a multiplayer game would take longer than 12 hours.

Anyway, impressive video, yet your using FRAPS demo. You love "Fun with the bots" too much as well.

Looks very nice, somehow remind me of SMB: for super players :P
next time, record in software, not opengl! the framerate reaked!

I find that if you set the resolution to 640x480 and turn off any Anti-aliasing or anistropic filtering, you will get the best recording speed. And the video is errily formatted after mine. Except you didn't use the same title font.

That's a nice name. Black chaos emerald... Chaotic Darkness... Black chaos emerald... Chaotic Darkness... Black chaos emerald... Chaotic Darkness...

IT WORKS!

The 50 levels includes secret and special stages. So obviously, it'll only be around the size of Mystic Realm. ;)

FoxBlitzz said:
I find that if you set the resolution to 640x480 and turn off any Anti-aliasing or anistropic filtering, you will get the best recording speed. And the video is errily formatted after mine. Except you didn't use the same title font.

My resolution IS on 640x480, though I probably should've made it 320x200. And Windows Movie Maker doesn't have too many title apparences that actually look good. :P And yours fades from clip, to black, to clip, mine just goes from clip to clip with fade. I didn't want to go too over the top with the transitions.

It was my first time running the thing, give me a break. :P

Anyways, I decided to test Fraps again and record a new movie, which can be seen here. (CLICKY) It ran MUCH better this time around. Though for some odd reason, the beginning of the movie plays riculously slow even though it played fine in SRB2 and Windows Movie Maker. :\ It may just be the WMV. Anyways, this video shows two new features to expect in Chaotic Darkness, one is brand new SRB2-esque Special Stages. These are totally different from the normal SRB2 special stages as they are somewhat linear and each one has a special theme to it, whether it be springs, lava, water or even Moniter-Land! :eek: Another feature is an extended enemy roster. The Black Crawla, seen in the second half of the video, is just one of many new enemies in Chaotic Darkness. ( One of which includes a Turret-Ammo firing Jetty Syn! D: )Well I guess that's it, I hope to release a demo of this wad sometime....next month. :P *shot*

Spazzo, you can't record with FRAPs in software. It only records OpenGL and DirectX.

Also, poor framerate, atleast playable. The black whatever-they're-called are pretty sweet.

Spazzo, you can't record with FRAPs in software. It only records OpenGL and DirectX.

Actually, it can record in software, because the framerate counter shows up in that mode, but it's slower than OpenGL, even when running under the same resolution. In OpenGL I get 30 FPS when recording, in software I get 20.

Also, to those who don't get good recording speeds, remember that it depends on your video card. I'm running on an nVidia GeForce FX 5600, which is nowhere near today's powerful cards in terms of performance (two generations behind). Still, it can record videos in 640x480 pretty well. With more powerful graphics you can record in much higher resolutions with an acceptable framerate, or even in 60 FPS, if your computer's hardware can keep up with it.

Looking quite good. I'd love to see something big and original that I didn't make. Making Mystic Realm is a ton of fun, but I'm not about to go scour MR for secrets, since I know where they all are ^_~

Okay, I'm gonna make a really big sector with nothing in it!

..not quite what you're looking for? Okay.

Mystic said:
Looking quite good. I'd love to see something big and original that I didn't make. Making Mystic Realm is a ton of fun, but I'm not about to go scour MR for secrets, since I know where they all are ^_~
The problem that Mystic Realm has is that it was made initially in older versions which are featureless, and the style has been adapted to that. The only taking of advantage of the new features that I've seen are the temples. MR is more like the missing part of SRB2. With a lot of jumping.

Don't worry, I'm planing something more original, whose zones has different modes each one, and taking a lot of advantage of the new features...

JJames19119 said:
or even Moniter-Land! :eek:
SOC edit monitors to be unaffected by gravity and make a long path of Eggman monitors in midair along with crawlas and stuff, so if you jump up to hit an enemy and miss you'll not only get hurt, but a big hole in the floor you could possibly fall through to your doom? It'd be easy to make using instant floor lowers. Hehe, you could even use this idea to make something harder then PAZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back