[Open Assets] Megamix Themes (Update: 6/27/2016)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Dimpsuu

Dimpsy
Based off of Sonic Megamix, I got the idea of scripting it so each character gets a unique Invincibility theme. And that's about it, there's not much else I can put here because there's nothing to show and nothing really to say.
Though I may as well tell you that I have added compatibility for Mighty, Greeneyes, and a future Shadow WAD by XSpeedGodX (Which funnily enough, is based on Sonic Megamix's Shadow).
And all the existing characters I have given unique Invincibility themes are the same as they are in Sonic Megamix, so there's not much else I can say in that department either.
Regardless, have fun with this!

Update 1 (4.23.14)
- Added Super form themes (They are also in OGG format, will do the same with the Invincibility ones and the later ones I plan)

Update 2 (4.23.14)
- Added Extra Life themes (I was also gonna do Level Clear ones but I couldn't get it working properly)

Update 3 (6.25.16)
- Been a long time since I had to update this huh? 2 years, but I figured since Duon helped me out in fixing up the script it was about time to update this for everyone. Thanks for the help!

Update 4 (6.27.16)
- Apparently the tunes conflicted with Chaos Domain and some maps in Vanilla (such as Azure Temple Zone) so this was fixed to prevent that.

Attachments

• MegamixThemes.zip
    17 MB · Views: 1,575
Last edited:
Well this is pretty neat, it's a shame that the music isn't timed to clearly indicate when the invincibility will end in most cases but oh well. It's a handy example if anyone wants to use this for their own characters in future I imagine.

Well Sonic Megamix is my favorite Sonic hack. it had good music so im glad someone made this. nice job.

So.. anybody know how hard it would be to edit this to have unique super themes instead? And how to add characters to it? (in case no one noticed, I have no clue how to Lua)

So.. anybody know how hard it would be to edit this to have unique super themes instead? And how to add characters to it? (in case no one noticed, I have no clue how to Lua)

I would assume that you simply change the and not super line to and super, and remove the invincibility check, but it's probably harder than that...

It's really easy because I just updated with them.
I will also be doing Level Clear, 1UP, and Speed Shoes ones in the future.
Though the Level Clear ones will come first. Unless I can't find Knux's and Tails' Level Clear themes (from Sonic Megamix).

It's really easy because I just updated with them.
I will also be doing Level Clear, 1UP, and Speed Shoes ones in the future.
Though the Level Clear ones will come first. Unless I can't find Knux's and Tails' Level Clear themes (from Sonic Megamix).

Actually, if it helps at all, in Sonic Megamix, in the sound test, it will tell you the name of the original song and the game it originated from, such as it points Shadow's level clear theme to the level clear theme from Gunstar Heroes (which I actually already knew before I looked at said sound test as my older brother and I used to always play Gunstar Heroes... he would always take the powerups I wanted just to anger me...). Also, how would one add characters to it, as I would like to have it accommodate for just the character wads I use.

Also, how would one add characters to it, as I would like to have it accommodate for just the character wads I use.
Here's a sample code:

addHook("ThinkFrame", do
for player in players.iterate
if not player.powers[pw_sneakers]
and not player.powers[pw_extralife]
and not player.powers[pw_super]
and not (player.exiting)
if player.powers[pw_invulnerability] then
if (player.mo and player.mo.skin == "sample")
S_ChangeMusic(xx,true)
elseif (player.mo and player.mo.skin == "example")
S_ChangeMusic(xx,true)
else
P_RestoreMusic(player)
end
end
end
end)

Use this similar thing for the Extra Life/Super Sonic bits and there ya go.
Also here's a link to the Music Slots there is in SRB2 so you know not to replace those.
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/MusicSlots
And try to be careful not to use any of the slots that I've taken (52-69 at this current moment).

Here's a sample code:

addHook("ThinkFrame", do
for player in players.iterate
if not player.powers[pw_sneakers]
and not player.powers[pw_extralife]
and not player.powers[pw_super]
and not (player.exiting)
if player.powers[pw_invulnerability] then
if (player.mo and player.mo.skin == "sample")
S_ChangeMusic(xx,true)
elseif (player.mo and player.mo.skin == "example")
S_ChangeMusic(xx,true)
else
P_RestoreMusic(player)
end
end
end
end)

Use this similar thing for the Extra Life/Super Sonic bits and there ya go.
Also here's a link to the Music Slots there is in SRB2 so you know not to replace those.
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/MusicSlots
And try to be careful not to use any of the slots that I've taken (52-69 at this current moment).

So simply copy/paste that, change sample and example to the character (Ex- "Metal_Sonic") and change xx to the music slot number? If that is all, it seems simple enough.

I think you uploaded the wrong one. there is no different music for each player. i opened it with xwe and not a single thing is different.

This is absolutely broken in multiplayer.
The player that gets the invincibility monitor is the only one that hears any type of music. Everyone else just gets to hear the level theme constantly trying to restart over and over and over again. Which is annoying.
The life monitor is fine, oddly enough.
Though the actual invincibility and super theme are broken in that way. Is there a way to get around that at all? :I
(P.S.: Console gets spammed if you mistype a tune as if it's constantly trying to play it. Fun.)

The player that gets the invincibility monitor is the only one that hears any type of music. Everyone else just gets to hear the level theme constantly trying to restart over and over and over again. Which is annoying.
Though the actual invincibility and super theme are broken in that way. Is there a way to get around that at all? :I
(P.S.: Console gets spammed if you mistype a tune as if it's constantly trying to play it. Fun.)
There's actually more bugs with this than Multiplayer, but right now I don't know how to fix any of this.

Yup, i did read a future Shadow would be coming.

I CANNOT WAIT ANYMORE!!!

*Explodes of Hype.

Although I'm doubtful it makes it a difference troubleshooting-wise, you should probably only use oggs and not mp3s in your wad.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic here, what is sonic megamix exactly? Sorry if this sounds dumb, I just really have no idea. All I know it's a hack but to what game?

Slightly off topic here, what is sonic megamix exactly? Sorry if this sounds dumb, I just really have no idea. All I know it's a hack but to what game?
It's a hack of Sonic 1, it's been in development hell for a long time now. But some footage of the latest version will do a better job of explaining it than I will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBLIUUodW8c

Notable in relation to this thread because the game uses unique invincibility and super themes per character, which inspired this wad.

I'd hate to bump this topic. but while the invalid music spam is kinda uncontrollable, the S_ChangeMusic functions were incomplete.
Code:
if (player.mo and player.mo.skin == "sonic")
                S_ChangeMusic([I]52,true[/I])
SRB2 Wiki said:
S_ChangeMusic(string musicname, [boolean looping?, [player_t player, [int tracknum]])
The main issue was that there was no player_t called, so it went nil and affected ALL players. I did make a full fix for it and added support for Fsonic and TailsCD respectively, but since the original owner hasn't been on here since January 2016, and because I'm not allowed to post links to wads and such, (I guess?) You can PM me for the fix. (If that is allowed however, Mystic can come up with new rules on the spot.)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back