Anyone else disappointed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSZ was made way before Acid Missile. In fact Acid Missile is the rip off here since it ripped off DSZ. Get your facts straight next time.

Get 2.0.1, KMM, it fixes that problem.

It´s already updated with the updater and manually... I´ve got a 1 life no credits saved game on ACZ1, and if I die, I get the Game Over. But if I try to start the game again, I´m stuck with one life again... What should I do?

It only works if you redo your save game file.

daiches99 said:
I'm very annoyed, the classic levels were fine but all the others took a load of tries and deaths to finish, the save thing sucks since even if you have 10 lives you start again with 1. If you die then that's it, I am stuck at Egg Rock act 1, most of the new levels take too long.

Update to 2.0.1 and redo your savegame. That has been fixed.

Sonict said:
DSZ was made way before Acid Missile. In fact Acid Missile is the rip off here since it ripped off DSZ. Get your facts straight next time.
Actually, Sonict, I made Storm Ruins Zone before work on the modern Deep Sea Zone began. Heck, Sonikku actually had me give him a few pointers when he started work on Act 1. I'm pretty sure DSZ2 wasn't even started before 1.09.4 came out, which uses the underwater crumbling bobbing platform gimmick from SRZ1.

Anyways, I can say for certain that I didn't rip anything off from Deep Sea Zone, except for perhaps the theme.

Also, Deep Sea isn't the only level in SRB2 that uses gimmicks from Acid Missile. Check out the long path in ERZ2 and you'll find another familiar gimmick from one of my other levels. :P

I stand corrected then. The point is that DSZ was always going to be a water stage and there is a reason the textures said "DSZ" to begin with.

Actually, some of Deep Sea Zone dates back all the way to 2000. Now, obviously FuriousFox couldn't have known this, of course. It's just not surprising that multiple people would go similar directions with the same texture set.

Sonict said:
The point is that DSZ was always going to be a water stage and there is a reason the textures said "DSZ" to begin with.
That's not the thing, though. It's the gimmicks.

Mystic said:
Actually, some of Deep Sea Zone dates back all the way to 2000. Now, obviously FuriousFox couldn't have known this, of course. It's just not surprising that multiple people would go similar directions with the same texture set.
Well, hopefully people won't get upset if Dark City ends up using gimmicks I already used in Gloom Metropolis. Unlike Storm Ruins, I actually tried to make GMZ similar to what I thought DCZ would be like.

arnold_the_bartender said:

uhh, yeah. In the opening cutscene, Robotnik blows up a city. I know that no one ever watches that (hell, I don't even remember if it's in 2.0), but the point stands-regardless of looks, SRB2 has an evil Robotnik or Eggman or whatever you want to call him, and actions speak louder than character design.

Wow. Honestly, I'm a bit amazed by the backlash this release has received in this topic. I'd go so far as to say some of you guys are horrifically ungrateful, seeing as how you're not just random people playing the game, and are part of the SRB2 community that's supposed to keep this game alive.

Yeah, count me in as one of those who was truly and utterly amazed by every new thing this version had to offer. Having been following the game since its demo 4.1 days, looking forward to playing this had gotten me more excited than a candy pink fat boy, and it was definitely worth the wait. The new levels were a joy to play through. I love how the difficulty spiked up so hard with the seventh Special Stage and ERZ1, and I was fuming quite a lot, let me tell you. A truly exhilarating experience to actually finally beat them - Super Sonic had never been so sweet.

Only problem is that I can't actually play ERZ2. I know this was brought up before, but as many already know, the game sigsevs at certain points, and it doesn't seem like playing it in a supported resolution helps any (and yeah, I am using a custom resolution via Nvidia), and neither do the other solutions apparently. Sorry if this had been answered elsewhere, but is there any real way to bypass this? Since I, you know, kinda want to beat the game and all!

Oh wait, there's a bug report topic. I'll mosey over there for a few, first.

Anyway, I'm posting on this board again because I want to express how much this release has truly impressed me, much moreso than any other. The SRB2 team has really done an incredible job with this so far. Seeing as how SSNTails is now off making sweet times with his baby factory, I'll express right here right now that the buildup towards this release was incredible, and the resulting game moreso. Thanks for all the years and hard work, man, and everyone else involved.

Yup.

Actually I think that's just a problem you're having, I've played the level a million times and have never had that problem.

Nope, ERZ2 crashes on many people :P In fact, the left path on ERZ2 crashes on lots of people.

There are some other random crashes on other levels, but I haven´t experienced them.

I haven't personally seen it, but there definitely seems to be a sigsegv when you take a left at the very start, before the first gate.

I am very angry because I can not beat Eggrock Zone and I'll probably spend hours by just trying to beat it and having fun while doing so.

I am angry because there are multiple new enemies that actually provide the challenge we missed and moaned about in the last version.

I am angry because everything looks so beautiful that I feel every map I made in the past is crap.

I am angry because all of the zones have so much alternate routes that they feel different each time I play them.

I am angry because the new implemented features have so much modding potential I can not use because I don't have that much time anymore.

I am angry because all this new stuff is unusual, innovative and scaringly addictive.

I am...

No wait...

Actually I am... happy...?

[/irony]
--------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, what the hell are you guys complaining about?

OUTRAGE WARNING! OUTRAGE WARNING! OUTRAGE WARNING!

OK you might have a point with the new saving system. OK not everything is perfect but still you have to keep in mind that the game is not finished yet and will get some updates from time to time.
There where times when many of you were amazed by socs that gave every freakin' damn enemy in the game turretfire (-__-) and now you are complaining about some of the new ones beeing cheap or badly animated?

Adressing and criticising problematic issues is fine and productive. But blaming the Devs for your too high expectations and unfamiliarity with the new implementations is just unfair.

Ok... this is not the Colosseum and we all were asked to act polite and stuff... Sooo... I'll forgive some of you your ungratefulness and finally start to get on topic:

I am dissappointed because there is no Vibrant Vendetta Zone... OR IS THERE? O__o

Note: Don't take this too seriously :-p

Jake said:
Wow. Honestly, I'm a bit amazed by the backlash this release has received in this topic. I'd go so far as to say some of you guys are horrifically ungrateful, seeing as how you're not just random people playing the game, and are part of the SRB2 community that's supposed to keep this game alive.

Yeah, count me in as one of those who was truly and utterly amazed by every new thing this version had to offer. Having been following the game since its demo 4.1 days, looking forward to playing this had gotten me more excited than a candy pink fat boy, and it was definitely worth the wait. The new levels were a joy to play through. I love how the difficulty spiked up so hard with the seventh Special Stage and ERZ1, and I was fuming quite a lot, let me tell you. A truly exhilarating experience to actually finally beat them - Super Sonic had never been so sweet.

Only problem is that I can't actually play ERZ2. I know this was brought up before, but as many already know, the game sigsevs at certain points, and it doesn't seem like playing it in a supported resolution helps any (and yeah, I am using a custom resolution via Nvidia), and neither do the other solutions apparently. Sorry if this had been answered elsewhere, but is there any real way to bypass this? Since I, you know, kinda want to beat the game and all!

Oh wait, there's a bug report topic. I'll mosey over there for a few, first.

Anyway, I'm posting on this board again because I want to express how much this release has truly impressed me, much moreso than any other. The SRB2 team has really done an incredible job with this so far. Seeing as how SSNTails is now off making sweet times with his baby factory, I'll express right here right now that the buildup towards this release was incredible, and the resulting game moreso. Thanks for all the years and hard work, man, and everyone else involved.

Yup.

I'm really glad someone agrees with me on this. =)

I thought I would NEVER see a thread as horrible, undermining, ungrateful and hurtful as this. This thread just craps on Sonic Team Jr's 11 years of tortuous work to bring us the best Sonic fangame imaginable, and I cannot begin to say how sad I am to see people actually hating on SRB2 as much as this. Can YOU come up with anything just as good? As a level designer myself, the amount of trouble Sonic Team Jr and Sky Sanctuary have gone to is simply MIND-BOGGLING, you start to realise why its taken 11 years to get where we are now. To bring us all these brilliant levels, this brilliant foundation to make even better custom content, this special fangame can not have a better design team spearheading it, and I am SO grateful, SO happy and SO honoured to be apart of all this. Thank you, STJr and the Sky Sanctuary team.

And shame on you haters here. I really expected better from all the established fans here.

Some of the haters I've seen are just complaining that they can't beat the levels when they're just not good at the game, some people have said they can't beat DSZ, even though its easy. Someone's said CEZ's design needs improving just because they can't get past the side swinging spikeballs, even though they're easy to avoid, its rediculous, they just need to be better at the game.

Btw it turns out I was right earlier about an alternate ending to CEZ, and I can't believe that noone, including me, has discovered it. In the room with all the cannons simply press the two switches in the corners of the room and go through the big wooden door that opens, after that there'a a couple more cool gimmicks I wont spoil, but for people suffering massive lag in the other ending route I suggest you could go down this one instead.

Jake said:

Well, we established a long time ago that this community has an aversion to change and is generally ungrateful when something better comes along that messes with the status quo.

You guys are going to hate times to come, seriously.

Some of the haters I've seen are just complaining that they can't beat the levels when they're just not good at the game, some people have said they can't beat DSZ, even though its easy. Someone's said CEZ's design needs improving just because they can't get past the side swinging spikeballs, even though they're easy to avoid, its rediculous, they just need to be better at the game.

I completely agree. The first time I played ERZ, I thought developers were out of mind and that the levels were insanely difficult. Now I rarely die here and there. And I´ve been playing for just two days. I think many people has played once a level, or twice, and got mad because they died a lot, came here to complain, etc. Like every classic game, this is REALLY hard the first time, but once you play more, the game starts being REALLY easy.

Btw it turns out I was right earlier about an alternate ending to CEZ, and I can't believe that noone, including me, has discovered it. In the room with all the cannons simply press the two switches in the corners of the room and go through the big wooden door that opens, after that there'a a couple more cool gimmicks I wont spoil, but for people suffering massive lag in the other ending route I suggest you could go down this one instead.

I haven´t found it yet (I´ve found DSZ1 only). I don´t know what room are you talking about, but I will search for it.

This is one of the greatest things of the new levels. Yesterday I found a third way in DSZ1, where there were many gargoyle puzzles. It´s awesome, because after playing like 12 times the same level, you can still find another path with new gameplay elements. That rocks.

In fact, it´s one of the main reasons that new Sonic games don´t feel that good. There´s only one path and replayability suffers because that. I know I can play many times SRB2, and I will surely find new paths, secrets, etc in each playthrough.

There are hardly any complaints from me, and none of them concerns Egg Rock Zone (the 2 acts, not the boss itself), as it's normal since it's the last Zone. Heck, I can't understand how people can't pass Deep Sea Zone, I even passed it as Sonic. Anyways...

First, the enemies (yup, even I am complaining about them): The spiky robot is just soooo mean; too fast and impossible to get hit. What it's best is that they are still hittable under their red phase or just take it out. Then is those robots with big shields: There should have something else to destroy those other than a glide; come on, they are robots, they MUST be destroyed.

Second, the final boss. Wow, one ring in here, one SINGLE ring that you can easily lose it, isn't that FUN? Oh, and how is that that the Glue can also glue you in the air, which can lead you to death? And if I'm not wrong, this boss has the wrong colors, so it needs to be recolored to the right palette.

Brown the dog said:
Then is those robots with big shields: There should have something else to destroy those other than a glide; come on, they are robots, they MUST be destroyed

Heh... first, try to take off their shields by hitting their backs (IIRC) and then, pop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back