Master Server Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
sonicxamy said:
does it mean i cant make movies?

In my understanding, you can do it IF - ONLY IF - you and another players are REALLY playing the level.

If you're in coop, you should be completing the levels. If you're in Match, you should be shooting each other.

... and if you're in race, you should be running to get homestretch. If you're in CTF, you should be capturing flags. And so on...

BUT if you open a server JUST for making movies, you're wasting a privilege of using Master Server and, therefore, you're breaking MS rules.

Nobody ever said you couldn't make movies, just that you can't do so while on the Master Server. Create a server, disable Advertising before you start, and then ask others to join by IP.

zck2020 said:
Just wondering, but why are things like Roleplay, Movies, and etc. not allowed on the master server?

Because the n00bs who do those things are wasting bandwith, and the amount of crap which goes into the logs, and other stuff starts clogging up the connection.

Hyperknux said:
zck2020 said:
Just wondering, but why are things like Roleplay, Movies, and etc. not allowed on the master server?

Because the n00bs who do those things are wasting bandwith, and the amount of crap which goes into the logs, and other stuff starts clogging up the connection.

And we just don't want them on there. :)

Might I note that all servers use up the same amount of the MS's bandwidth. The "log length" thing is bull****. The true reason why we disallow them is because we don't have fun on them.

Now, at the beginning of this fad that broke out on the MS, I've been in a match server that eventually slumbered into a hangout server. And it wasn't like, "Hey, let's pretend I'm Sonic and you're Tails and that snowman is Mr. Phillis!" It was just "Let's chill in this bigass cool winter map and do whatever we want on it!" It isn't playing match, granted, but it was just relaxing with the two other friends that were there and talking about stuff. You may not want to do that all the time, but the fact is that - if done correctly - it can be fun simply because of how laidback it is. If you've ever played Pikmin 2, you might have went around beating up enemies and collecting berries, even though you've already found all the treasures; pointless, but fun and relaxing. This is exactly the same case.

Unfortunately, the master server degraded beyond that into general stupidity.... Hangouts being done in cramped, poorly created houses. Roleplaying that was at least okay, but also degenerated into retardation. SRB2 movies by people that don't know how to make good SRB2 movies. Coop that's still constantly being used just for SRB2's crappy default adventure. Assholes that like leaving their players at 0 gravity or 999 gravity. Hackers that are just doing whatever the hell they want.

Frankly, I don't think the problem is with the style of gameplay. It's with the fanbase. It sucks, and it's been sucking for too damned long. At least now we're finally starting to ban servers after all this time, but I would really like to see a modified EXE that displays a joiner's IP, if only to crack hackers. Hacking for personal gain is as bad as today's hangouts, and I do not think it should be used maliciously under any circumstances except for the reason of patrolling the master server.

Blue Warrior said:
Frankly, I don't think the problem is with the style of gameplay. It's with the fanbase. It sucks, and it's been sucking for too damned long. At least now we're finally starting to ban servers after all this time, but I would really like to see a modified EXE that displays a joiner's IP, if only to crack hackers. Hacking for personal gain is as bad as today's hangouts, and I do not think it should be used maliciously under any circumstances except for the reason of patrolling the master server.

Already done actually. I believe Oogaland made a modified srb2 executable that does what you said. I actually suggested this to Alam months and months ago and it is in 1.1 and in SRB2ALAM? (I may have the name wrong)

umm so like if u advertise things or anything that doesnt follow the rules then ur baned from the main server thingy but if ur banned are u banned from hosting or banned from both joining and hosting?

First, you are banned from both, then just hosting.
Example, on your first ban, 1 week without doing either, then 1 week without hosting.

carried away

Some people can rp without relizing! I did one time, it was so much fun now its like srb banned me from downloading it! I know the MS is a privilege but how does it really work? I have a friend that plays as light but we were just type rping! Is that against the rules??

Re: carried away

Taila said:
Some people can rp without relizing! I did one time, it was so much fun now its like srb banned me from downloading it! I know the MS is a privilege but how does it really work? I have a friend that plays as light but we were just type rping! Is that against the rules??
Rp in the MS is typing...Obiously >_>

Uh, yeah... Role-play is basically making a pretend-story with others. It's not hard to realize when oneself is doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back