SRB2Undertale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipper

:hildaGun:
Don't get too excited yet, this isn't some full fledged mod or anything. I was just curious to see how far I could take the HUD drawing functions and....well.....I got this.

It's only one fight, with no mercy allowed, but it works! AND it's pretty faithful to the original game!

Have fun!

Report any bugs you find, I'm sure there are many of them in this spaghetti code.

Attachments

• srb20272.png
    srb20272.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 5,563
  • srb20273.png
    srb20273.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 4,444
  • s_dundertale.rar
    5.5 MB · Views: 2,858
Last edited:
Ah, funny, I wanted to make something related to the way you can dodge on-map hazards in the game, but you beat me to it and directly make a fight thingy, magnifiscent!

...So, I played it, and really liked it! It really felt like playing the real game, so you have all of my yes on that! I don't have much to say, aside of things like; you could've made her destroy your mercy button at the begining of the fight (since it doesn't seem to be of any use anyway), or at least, when she says that there's no mercy until the end. The attacks were mostly fair, however, I would've liked to see the blue and orange moves for some diversity. I would've rather have one or two items that actually heal you for good but disapear after usage than keeping spamming the determination item for 3 turns to recover enough HP, but, that's your choice after all. ...Didn't spot any glitch whatsoever in my first and only playthrough, though.

I don't have much to say, aside of things like; you could've made her destroy your mercy button at the begining of the fight (since it doesn't seem to be of any use anyway), or at least, when she says that there's no mercy until the end.

This is actually on the back of my head...but will I make it a reality? Eh who knows I'm really lazy lol

The attacks were mostly fair, however, I would've liked to see the blue and orange moves for some diversity.

True, true. Again, if laziness (and final exams) doesn't get in my way I'll think of new things.

I would've rather have one or two items that actually heal you for good but disapear after usage than keeping spamming the determination item for 3 turns to recover enough HP, but, that's your choice after all.

Let's be honest; would you prefer a re-usable consistent item, or a limited stock that will inevitably lead to complaints about how it's too annoying when I ramp up the difficulty even a little.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

This is really authenic to the original thing that I have a hard time believing that this still SRB2. It's not perfect, like the lack of mercy as you've addressed and the somewhat jittery box movement, but damn if it isn't super close. For a while I seriously believed I was playing a game of Undertale, and the fact that it was SRB2 all along shows how untapped the power of Lua is in this game.

In terms of the mod itself, you can kind of take it in any direction you really wanted to by this point. You could try to mix SRB2's gameplay with combat directly from Undertale and try something unique, or you can focus on just this one battle and making it as authentic as possible. If any of those, I'd still probably recommend trying to get mercy working as a mechanic since it's still a very big part of Undertale as a whole.

Still really awesome to see something like this in the first place, and I hope you keep making more content like it! ;w;

A friend of mine had some issue while playing the mod;
he had some "divide by 0" error before the dodge box started to move left and right, the battle froze afterwards. Not really sure what happened since he doesn't have his log anymore, but he said that he moved the little heart thing before the box started to move, even though I doubt that is the cause of the issue.

A friend of mine had some issue while playing the mod;
he had some "divide by 0" error before the dodge box started to move left and right, the battle froze afterwards. Not really sure what happened since he doesn't have his log anymore, but he said that he moved the little heart thing before the box started to move, even though I doubt that is the cause of the issue.

Well your friend should buy a moderately small lottery ticket or something, because that bug apparently has a 1/256 chance of occuring.

Anyway, I updated the WAD, fixing the bug. I also added a Spare option so maybe a True Pacifist run may appear in the future ????!?!??!?!!

My Undertale experience is rather small. I only heard about it in September when Iceman bumped the Undertale thread on here and since then, I only saw the first 20 minutes of gameplay and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed of myself that I lasted as long as I did for the fight itself. Grant it, I still lost with the boss having at least 15% health left but I digress.

This is a fun mod and an excellent recreation of Undertale on to SRB2. So far you have made a Megaman and an Undertale recreation for SRB2. What's next, Pokemon?

Funny story, I'm actually the friend that Lat' was talking about heheh... I just wanted to say. I really enjoyed the mod, It really felt like the original game.Anyways, This is a really fun mod, died a few times but It's really great.

Last edited:
Great, now we can experience Undertale in glorious 35 FPS, which is 5 more than 30!

That was pretty fun. I wonder who can go no-hit Kogasa!

Last edited:
I ran into a glitch where I managed to avoid the lasers but it still counted as a hit for some reason.
I managed to reproduce it and it's literally the only attack stopping me from beating this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1FdwzhB3iU

I know this'll sound off-the-walls but...have you tried a different resolution? (one that's a multiple of 320x200) I can't replicate this myself, the lasers all spawn at the correct locations and expand properly.

I was playing on 1280x720 when I first encountered it. Went through some insane lag after a while. I then played it on 640x480 and it still occurred.

I don't think your solution is far-fetched or anything actually, I get that the resolution might effect how the things are drawn in the HUD. I'll try that.

An update!

-Added the Pacifist Route. It's....honestly easier and less interesting than the Neutral Route, but it's marginally more "emotional", if you're into that sort of thing.
-Nerfed Parasol Star Memories (that's the falling star attack). Your boundary box is now lower.
-Determination now heals 25 HP instead of 15 HP, by request.
-Added some flavour text to the menu.
-Removed Yukari

I playtested both routes and it seemed to work pretty well, so enjoy, but still feel free to report any bugs. I PROBABLY won't bother adding more content but reporting suggestions is still welcome.

Edit : Fun fact, turns out I "fixed" DarkJesse's error by breaking it in a COMPLETELY different way. So if you get an error again, you should get the version I uploaded today.

Last edited:
I have to know... Where does this music come from? Especially the second portion, its been bothering me so much...

Lol Sorry For saying that, but... this is easy as Omega Flowey for me :P. (I Never Die On OMEGA PLANT (Omega Flowey) XD.) ohh, and nice to "meat" you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back