Why did you pick your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the "fox" part of my name actually came from playing the old Star Fox games as a kid, back on the S-NES. Since that wasn't going to cut it online, the "Unit 01" somehow got concatenated on the end. The un-capital f was because I was lazy, and now it wouldn't be the same without it. Also, mind you, I was around 11 when doing this. =P

As for the "Clove IV" part of my name, that was from the SRB2 forums switching the forum software left and right back in 2003. Over the period of a month or so, the software got switched two or three times, and everyone had to remake their profile each time. Thus, I guess this was the fourth time I remade my account. Quite frankly, I'm amazed it's still around after all these years!

Lately, I've taken more of a liking to "foxBox" (which comes from Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham - "Would you eat them with a fox? Would you eat them in a box?"), but since I'd never remember which accounts are foxUnit01 and which are foxBox, I still just use the first everywhere because I'm lazy.

So yep. That's it! Exciting.

My old user name was Tsunami Key, but then there was a tsunami somewhere, and I was getting flamed for my username being offensive. Keep in mind, this happened when I took things more seriously than I do now. Not wanting to offend anyone, yet still liking Tsunami Key, I tried to think of something different, yet still sounding the same. Thus, Sumakima was born.

This is my real name Stoney Wagner, I wanted to capitalize the S and W but I failed... =/ And my name is seriously Stoney, I'm serious! People at school who ask what my name is, and when I say "Stoney" they say "hahaha, so, what is your REAL name?" And I am like "it IS Stoney" and for that everyone thinks that I am a stoner. =P

This is my real name Stoney Wagner, I wanted to capitalize the S and W but I failed... =/ And my name is seriously Stoney, I'm serious! People at school who ask what my name is, and when I say "Stoney" they say "hahaha, so, what is your REAL name?" And I am like "it IS Stoney" and for that everyone thinks that I am a stoner. =P

Wait. Your real name is Stoney. That's the name on your birth certificate?

Last edited:
My original name back when I was on neopets was "Thesims186908." Obviously this was hard for people to remember, so I wanted to shorten it to "Thesims" on a RS Forum I then frequented. That was taken, so I had to come up with something else. The Sims: Makin' Magic had just come out, so I decided to drop the "The" and add the "Magic", and you've got Simsmagic, which has pretty much become my Internet identity since.

I use this nickname on every site I join, it's easy to remember. Wills is my nickname in real life also.

This username is my Last name...

I started naming myself Kancsar when i started a Hungarian website of mine, which is now cancelled (Kancsár.hu)...Since then, i figured that my last name is quite unique, special, (my first name, Thomas, is boring) and since i'm a bit of Ego-ism...i was...meh...why not...

I use this name on every account i use (numbers included, if the Original 'kancsar' account got "stolen")

P.S.: BTW, why does almost everyone misspell my name usually with 'kanscar'?

My story starts a long long time ago, in a galaxy fa- nevermind. While I was playing with the neighbors we were talking about using our initials to spell out words. The little girl that lived near us had the initials MIB, which we all knew meant that she was somehow associated with Men In Black. My only nickname was really more of a pet name that only my mom, my aunt, and my grandmother used... so I decided to fashion my own nickname out of my initials.

Jarrett
Evan
Voight

As for "3", something about the number always appealed to me. For a while I'd come up with many excuses but at this point the most plausible is that my first game was Sonic 3, and so I have some sentimental value attached to the number three. I've kept the letters capitalized even though its pronounced phoenetically because it remains true to their origin and I think it looks better with an uppercase E.

---------------
~Other names/identities~

Forendacil - My only serious alt, it is the words "Victor of the North" translated in Quenya (high elvish in the Lord of the Rings universe). He's a fancharacter from a story I wrote about the Fall of Arnor (briefly mentioned in the appendices) but is not really an avatar.

I also included my alt names on IRC, along with my avatar and tagline... but since they're more tangents, I hid them in a spoiler.
Daffy_Duckrabbit - Jazz and I corresponded on a mod of his for the longest time. I haven't been in contact with him much since then, but back then when I tried to get a hold of him and he wasn't there, I would promptly quite Looney Tunes references. Eventually, I took on the name "Daffy_Duckrabbit" to parody his IRC name "Jazz_Jackrabbit".

Reisen_Udongein_Inaba - When I played Imperishable Night for the first time, I pretty much lost my wits when Resien showed up with her big red eyes. I use this alt occasionally in IRC for the sake of emphasis. I used this name to harrass ZarroTsu and KOTE, while also playing a deliciously long prank on Prime_2. Generally this alt is associated with "<(0)>_<(0)>" and miscellaneous variations.

Alice_Margatroid - This one's fairly self-explanatory. Most Touhou fans have a character that they obsess over, and this is the one I obsess over the most. (or I should say enjoy obsessing over the most) Typically, I use it for horrible puppet/doll/string related puns and moderate roleplay banter. (little more than moderate when Patchouli64 joins the act)

(My avatar) - Mighty the Armadillo has very little official attention, but has been hinted to be fairly laid back. In truth, I actually identify more with Tails, but Mighty's obscure enough that I can superimpose my traits on him and only Archie fanboys will know the difference. I probably look something like that when I wear my red coat anyway... 'cept with acne and a goatee.

(My tagline) - "Bloom Nobly~" is shortened from an epic boss theme from Perfect Cherry Blossom. My taste for Japanese stuff had been awakened by Okami and cultured by Touhou. I use it to represent reaching self-fulfullment (think the Maslow/Rogers psych theories) and cheesy though it may be, it is actually the way I say "good bye" to some people.

Blue Warrior is a character I made up for a nonexistent videogame a long time ago. I've used it as my moniker for the past five years now.

I chose my name because it was the name I input the first time I saved in SRB2 and didn't know that your save name would be your netgame name. And so I made my forum name the same as my netgame name because I wanted people that knew me on SRB2 to know that I go to the forums. My username is my actual first name, and it usually surprises people when they ask my name.

Person: What's your name?
Me: Jacy
Person: What do the initials mean?
Me: My name isn't initials, it is literaly spelled J-A-C-Y.
Person: I didn't know that was a name.

My other name I use is Bobthedevil on other sites. This came from a time that a friend was over my house and I had just got Amazing Island for the Gamecube, he had made a devil looking monster on it and named it Bob. I thought it was funny and since then I use it for most of my usernames.

I was just an extreme sonic fan but I preferred the old super sonic over the new. Also I was more of a fan of 8-bit games. I mixed retro, as in old and bit-war-themed, with Super Sonic, shortened to SS.

My username here is WEREHOG. I picked it because I like saying WEaREHOG in a squeaky voice. (Yes I spealed it how I say it.) My other nickname is a cat the destroyer. I got the a cat from a netgame when 2.0 was released. I then visited ssky's site and the 2 of us being the on the site I added the destroyer. I also used to be cupcakesthecat. That was when I had no clue how to do anything at all. I also if you remember posted many recolors. But since that I learned a lesson! I know that original ideas or porting are better!

Oh boy, this dates back to when I joined my first Sonic related message board which I cannot remember the name of. My second being TSS, third being SOL, fourth being here. From the second messageboard, I began using 'Flame' as an alias; I'll get into this in a little bit.

SuperSonic0 was my first nickname on that first messageboard I frequented. I'm not sure how I came up with it, but I had made a sprite or two of what I considered a personified version of SuperSonic0 would be. Picture having Super Sonic with glowing green gloves and blue shoes. Yeah, very (un)original.

This nickname was very short-lived (thankfully) as I remember changing my alias when the messageboard had server problems. Eventually, the site shut down entirely and I wound up going to a close friend of mine.

Since my creativity sucked back then, I did not make my own character! This close friend of mine simply made me a sprite, and suggested the name "Flame" which I stuck to. Surely enough it was more detailed than my SuperSonic0 sprite, though still a recolor no matter how you looked at it.

I stuck to the design of the character since then. Occasionally people would assist me in making sprites, other times there was fanart which was requested. I'm quite pleased that my character had made it this far with my social standard.

Yup, this is all I can remember that is important to how I got my "Flame" alias.

-------------
Like JEV3, I have other nicknames and identities I go by!

Heating_Element -- Everybody on IRC sees me join the #Srb2fun channel occasionally with this nickname from time to time. I only have this nickname when I'm on my college campus, then shortly naming myself to Flame[College] as needed.
Back when I first used mIRC, I thought to myself "A flame/fire is a type of heating element which provides warmth. Hey! Heating_Element? Awesome". Not much story behind this nickname.

XP-Tan -- Surely enough, I bet people can agree on the basis that they were interested in the personifications of various operating systems, simply put, OS-Tans. I was a victim of this and was interested in the XP-Tan character since I thought she was sexy. If my memory serves right, Vinsent and Penopat also fell victim to this; It was good to see I wasn't the only one.

Glysmer -- This one I entirely came up with by mistake. ORIGINALLY, I typoed my nickname on IRC and wound up with Glsmr. Adding the Y and E in the name seemed appropriate enough.

Ne_3218 -- This is an unusual name in my list. Making a long story short, I was looking for some vocaloid music. Not long after I had came across a filename entitled Ne_3218.mp3 (Link to what the song was), and thought it was interesting. I sure as hell had fun confusing an IRC user with this nick.

Last edited:
Simple and to the point. I admire The robot master Tengu Man, and so I want to show how awesome he is in anyway I can. Only however seems to be in my art, so I intend to sick with that :p

So TrueTenguMan, the one and only, is how it came to be. And yes it's generic, like I give a heck...

I chose this name because of .hack. If anyone knows who Elk is on .hack, then they'll know I only chose this because I am obsessed with Elk.

My friends has this user name on her IM. (Or maybe it was on a website, I can't remember...) But I thought it had a different ring to it that I liked so I picked it.

Cueball61 I stole from my father, who loved snooker/pool and was born in 1961, then I shortened it to Cue.

'nuff said.

My friend wanted me to join his forum, and I was using my email address as the username, minus @hotmail.com. He didn't like it, so we started talking about possible choices for me. The only one I remember suggesting was Chao Lover, and he thought it sounded gay (which it did). So he instantly thought of Chaos.

I kept calling it Chaos Zero, though. And at the time, I noticed how a lot people used completely random numbers at the end of their name, and the only number in my mind was 64, after the N64.

To this day, I know that if he would of mentioned Metal Sonic, I would of chosen that instead of Chaos. I might of been called Metal Sonic 64. It sounds silly, but so does Chaos Zero 64. You just need some time until it starts sounding like a username.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back