• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Stardust's Wacky Workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you change textures with Lua? Knowing what this is, there's no need for levels to change beyond cosmetics when the change occurs, so wouldn't it be more sensible to change the aspects of the current level to match the "dark world" variation, rather than having an entire copy of the level? Not to mention that would make it compatible with custom levels, and of course, levels that are too large to be duplicated (i.e. agz)

Last edited:
actually, i managed to make the entire "dark world" warping by myself... so custom maps can be made compatible if one dives deep into the code when it's released... so maps that are either too big/too complicated to duplicate can be easily be written out of the script.

EDIT: also, all we can do is change the sky and skybox via lua, so even if we managed to change textures of a level it'd also apply to all players, meaning a duplicate is required.

Last edited:
Just another map pack I'm making that's W.I.P.

YhIPFSU.png

https://gfycat.com/SimilarDownrightBoaconstrictor

I was too slow... He's gonna get you next.

(Sorry for double-posting and if the gif is too fast, IDK how that happened. Sprites used are placeholders made by me, if you wanna make new ones, lemme know via PM.)

Ooooh no....

OOOOOH NOOO.....

I don't like where this is going. Wait, actually I do. Even though Sonic.exe is so overdone, it's never been done right. Hope you can do something original with this guy, I've got high hopes.

Ooooh no....

OOOOOH NOOO.....

I don't like where this is going. Wait, actually I do. Even though Sonic.exe is so overdone, it's never been done right. Hope you can do something original with this guy, I've got high hopes.

I'm actually doing this as a proof-of-concept sort of thing, as well as adding some new things to make it fresh. Let's just say... He won't just be in Co-op.

Ok, moving away from that thing for a bit.

So, I recently got bored and had inspiration from a certain Sonic ROM Hack to do this:

i5L98Ln.png

I might do the other zones, maybe.

If this is based on what I think it is, you gotta put caterkillers everywhere to make it authentic.

I don't think they would show up in Match though. :P

I might think about doing a 'Underwater SRB2' wad, but we'll see.

More Underwater Maps Update.

Time for another update, I guess.

I've decided to make more maps underwater and if this is (hopefully) accepted on the MB, I may do more than just Match maps.

yZQUpxa.png

Jade Valley has been flooded like the others, with air bubbles and whatnot.

tzffMYG.png

Even maps like Infernal Cavern here, has been flooded, even with the lava here. Which causes some... problems, I guess. As of now, this map doesn't have a water palette. I am fixing it now, along with some other problems.

jbojUWO.png

One of those problems, is the colormap issue you can see under this table. If anyone could perhaps help me with this issue, the quality of the maps could be greatly improved.

Also, I have tested these maps with a friend of mine and they seemed greatly hard on some of them. So, I am wondering if it is possible to create some kind of powerup to extend the air time underwater, as I have plans for this certain powerup:

Pbm5m6Y.png

Last edited:
So, I got bored and was listening to Sonic R music. I had an idea for a race map and here it is:

srb20158.png

Lush Hillside, the generic grass theme level, with waterfalls, grass, flowers and more grass.

srb20159.png

Don't fall down here, there's a pit. Thank god, I added checkpoints in this level.

srb20160.png

Knuckles, even gets his own shortcuts to get ahead of the others! (Or catch up, even.)

Just the same Meadow Match...

srb20004.png

Nothing important here, just chillin' in Meadow Match. Something seems... odd though. ;)

EDIT: Didn't realize you meant my underwater maps, sorry! Yeah, I made them for fun. ;p

Last edited:
Sunset Coastline Progress #1

srb20019.png

Sunset Coastline, the 1st zone of a map pack that may be coming in the future.
Credit to Tonic ze Hedgefox for some of the textures made and the trees in this zone.

srb20020.png

The map itself is not finalized or complete and may change in later stages of development. So far, this zone only has one act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back