Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I can not wait. If my db was working I could enter another level. Oh well I can wait till next time. Only 2 minutes left until voting begins! This is my first contest

Last edited:
I have decided to cancel production of most of MH for now, and will be entering JFZ3 in the next contest, which I believe will be better than any of my previous levels. This means only one level will be entered next contest. I am taking all of your criticism in, and will follow your suggestions.

JFZ3 will be a complete remake of JFZ1, since I can't enter with the same name twice. It will be completely different from any of my previous levels.

I know its a little to early to post on this topic But next contest I am pretty sure I will enter an sp level called Metallic Cavern Zone

heres proof:

srb20000.png

Well, I'm taking a shot at making my version of Dark City, complete with new textures, enemies, and scenery.

Maybe I won't screw this up, but chances are I will.

I got a new level in the works, or rather an old one taking the SRB2 path. The level is Emerald Lake Zone from my canceled TGF fangame Sonic Extreme (unoriginal title I know, I came up with it several years ago.). The idea is to make the water level the first level in the game.

Expect act 1 to use psudo slopes. *Canceled plan*

Last edited:
your images are broken and you can't link to pictures on your hard drive. They don't show up for me.

Heh, I just noticed that Twilight Groove got a higher score than NGLZ.

Anyways, good luck to all the people submitting into this OLDC.

EDIT: Some progress on Dark City's things...

Enemies

Mini-Brak: A smaller version of Black Eggman/Metal Robotnik, like the ones in Sonic OVA (Saw the movie, finally).Takes two hits to kill, and will step back like KOTE's facestabbers. Needs it's SOC and the rest of the sprites. Here's the sprite so far:
spritesheet.png

Yet again, help with KOTE, but just the head this time.

Soldia Commander: A Red/Yellow type of Crawla Commander that shoots two missiles. Slow, but still a threat. Takes one hit to kill. - First Rotation complete. Picture:
spritesheet.png

Front sprite originally made by KOTE, I altered it a bit and made the rest of the frames.

Scenery

Fire Hydrant: Finished, here is the picture.
f001a0.png

Street Sign: Finished, here is the picture/
f002a0.png

One Way Sign: Incomplete

Still drawing up concepts for enemies and Scenery.

Level Progress

Well, I've actually started on the level, but I am in need of gimmicks. It would be appreciated if anyone could give me some

Anyways, that's my progress so far!

Last edited:
Unnamed Fying Enemy: A Red/Yellow type of Crawla Commander that shoots two missiles. Slow, but still a threat. Takes one hit to kill. - Sprite hasn't even been started yet, but concept has been drawn. Still needs a name.
Soldia Commander?

Well, I decided I'm finally going to make a Single Player entry.
Which theme? A remake of Labyrinth Zone, from Sonic 1.

I got a lot of motivation and ideas for this level, moreso than any other level I made. It has custom textures, sprites, and KO.T.E might make a Burrobot SOC for this level. It's not done by far, and it only has one room that's really finished, but it's making good progress.

Current progress estimate? About 15-20%.
Now, here are some screenshots to show the proof that it actually exists: (Click the text)

Overview of the starting room, from the Tails/Knuckles split of the first path.
Overview of the starting room, this time from underwater.
The third/fourth room. <UNFINISHED>
The second room of the first path. <UNFINISHED>
Overview of the second room, from the Tails/Knuckles split path. <UNFINISHED>

Known problems:
-It needs more visual detail.
-It also needs more gameplay, but that's not really visible in these screenshots.
-The horizontal maces in the last screenshot go through the wall.

I might also enter CTF, and I'm sort of working with blahblahbal on a Match level. However, I do want to fully focus on Labyrinth Zone, so I will probably only enter Single Player this time.

Last edited:
That looks so cool! You know, it's pretty surprising how well the STH1 textures work in 3D. The Green Hill Zone textures that are part of the default set, the Marble Zone textures I used in my old remake, and now your Labyrinth Zone textures stand testament to that.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I changed the name of my entry to Wacky Tesseract Zone, named after another level I made long ago. But the original was a Single Player level which sucked, whereas this new one is a Circuit level which, in my opinion, is way better.

It looks pretty and I like the textures, but it feels cramped and in need of Thing scenery, like torches and plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back