=[SRB2 Star Wars Mod - FINAL RELEASE!!!]=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the bump, but I found something I'd like to share. I've been itching to play this mod with other level packs, but it sigsevs as we all know, so I tried figuring out why. Removing the levels, maincfg lump, boss and ideiya drone sprites or R2-D2 didn't work. But I got results after deleting the custom floor/ceiling patches/flats. I was able play the first act in the Blueheaven map pack without issue. :D It sigsev'd again at the start of the 2an act, but Blueheaven acts up when I load it with other map packs anyway. I think Blueheaven has custom patches that might be conflicting with the ones in SRB2 Star Wars. Just thought that worth noting to anyone wanting to play SRB2 Star Wars with other level packs. This mod is just too awesome to be played with the default maps alone. I'll upload pics later...

If you want to make levels for the mod, be my guest. If you do, then make sure you make the level according to SRB2 Star Wars textures, otherwise...*KA-BOOOM* (usually) BTW I'm not asking for anybody to make levels. I'm just giving my general consent to anybody who does.

You guys aren't going to believe me, but the music IS the reason for the filesize of the mod! Anyone who opens up WAD and extracts it for the music(like I did) will find that the ogg files consume over 175MBs!
For everyone's convenience, I reencoded all of the OGGs to a quality level 1 using Audacity, and uploaded it to Mediafire. Now the Wad is less than 70 megabytes in size and still sounds good. I'm surprised nobody caught this sooner. xD This is no big deal, though, all I did was reencode the soundtrack to save some hard-drive space, nothing else, so don't shoot me. :P
Btw, I also saved it as a m03 to further prevent n00bs from dissecting it, and still loads fine with the launcher, BAT file not included!
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fr1ylrninza

Yuor wads

I'm going to download it. Oh, and can you get some screenies for the deathstar? And how do you get into havic mode?

This is copyright

Does everyone agree?

starwars.wad mod is a copyright

I agree with everyone here that it's copyright

So please next time dont post something in copyright

First of all, nobody's making any money off of this so I'm not infringing on any copyrights. Secondly, if Lucas even knew about this he wouldn't care because it's just free advertising in his eyes. So get your facts straight. kthnxbai

ChayaGirZim said:
This is copyright

Does everyone agree?

starwars.wad mod is a copyright

I agree with everyone here that it's copyright

So please next time dont post something in copyright

How is this copyright anyhow? Its not like he's saying that Star Wars is his or something. You're making it sound like he's trying to make a profit out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back