View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009   #42
JEV3
There and back again~
Developer

Moss Flower Zone 1 should make it with plenty of time for polish unless something comes up. Though one section at the end of the level will require substantial soccing so may not be ready in time.

It's a marshy level that starts out underwater with generous bubbles and air pockets that give the player a lift alongside a breath of air. Later in the level, the player reaches the above ground area, which will be the central theme for the zone. Player must avoid mud but it should overall be fairly easy with a generous (and by generous, I mean obscenely generous) assortment of rings and powerups.

Badniks currently inplemented include the SeaMinus, a slower digger with a single drill instead of two arms... and the BumbleBuzz, a slow moving bug robot that hovers up and down upon seeing you.

The level will include its own music, which is currently just in midi form. Along with a few tweaked textures to fit the theme. Some screenshots:

Act 2 will feature more above-ground gimmicks focused around the vegetation, but I'll probably be saving Act 2 for its own release. I have plans for eight zones worth of levels though, what I end up doing depends entirely on how I spend my time.

Not sure if we'll be seeing any MP maps from me though. Nevertheless, it looks like the SP division will have plenty of entrants if everyone who plans to enter finishes in time... I'll probably not stand much of a chance against this competition, but hey!

~The Greatest Adventure: Ballad of the Hobbit