Mystic Realm Preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice story, and the levels look just amazing. I can't wait to play this one along with SASRB2.

You know what? Maybe there could be a Super Sonic final boss (sort of like in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 or Sonic Adventure), where you control Super Sonic (the one from Spring Hill, of course) on a 2D arena trying to defeat Dr. Eggman.

By the way, Mystic, is this new Mystic Realm going to replace the current in-game levels, or is it going to follow the traditional "beat-CEZ-and-go-onto-Mystic-Realm" line?

It replaces the normal levels. I'm trying to make this as original as possible, instead of just tacking it onto the end.

Hey, that could be cool... Yeah, in new Sonic games, last boss fight is with SSonic, but you cannot play in game with him... That sucks... But... Playing with him in levels and being able to play with him the final fight (only with the 7 chaos emeralds) could be really cool, like S3K :P

But then, you could abuse Super Sonic to get emblems in SA1/2. And perfect bosses were wasted by him. I guess that's why they removed him.

Back in the old days I wished that it was harder to transform than just double jump. Maybe A+B+C, because we kept doing it unintenionally.

Mystic said:
Back in the old days I wished that it was harder to transform than just double jump. Maybe A+B+C, because we kept doing it unintenionally.

Yeah. I agree there, because then your special moves were gone for a while. Actually, in Sonic 2, just jumping would activate SS, which was very annoying.

However, in Sonic 2, SS was more of a 'secret', and it's doubtful that someone would ever find him if they had to double jump, since there is no reason to do so in the normal game.

In Sonic 2 I never had to double jump, I just had to jump once.. which was a real pain because sometimes I didn't want to use SuperSonic.

Oh, and another reason why Super Sonic was removed (save last bosses): In Sonic Heroes, it would render Tails and Kunckles useless (I mean, SSonic is super fast, super strong and can fly!).

I'd assume the reason they took him out is that it removes the challenge for those who need it the least. Think about it: If you have all the Chaos Emeralds, you don't NEED any help blasting through the game. Anyone who's used Hyper Sonic in S3K probably knows what I mean ^_~

I actually think that Super Sonic should have stayed in the newer games, though. However, just only after you beaten the game (as in, complete it 100% - getting all secrets, etc). That would have added much more replay value to the games, especially Sonic Adventure.

I agree. SS in the regular stages after the PC boss would have been a nice addition in SA1.

Im SRB@, SSonic can kinda fly... He can instantly float in water. Why not make him fly? It would be more fun, since nobody can get any of the emeralds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back