Four 2.1 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
...If I'm reading this right, I'll take it you don't know what Lua scripting would mean for SRB2 at all, right? =V

By the way, guys, "Lua" isn't an abbreviation, and so doesn't need to be capitalised. =P

Well, yeah, after all I don't know much about Lua... ...for now. ;)

The Egg-mobile feature in creator.wad, will it be really done?

For 2.1 I think they should also add 3D flowers and other 3D things such as springs although SRB2 is suppose to be a 3D game, there is still ALLOT of things in it that aren't 3D.
There's a difference between being a 3D game and having 3D sprites. SRB2's 2D sprites are intentional.

The Egg-mobile feature in creator.wad, will it be really done?
It has been done already. Obviously it won't be in SRB2 proper. It's an addon file made for testing.

Though I do kinda dislike the spring sprites in SRB2. I feel like they should be twice the size they are.

I'm not sure about this, but I would guess the springs were made smaller in SRB2 to make up for the fact that you don't have to jump on top of them anymore, just walk into them from the side.

I assure you that we aren't doing that. The whole point of making them visible to everyone is to remove how much of a pain it was back in 1.X to hunt for the emblems. I'm positive nobody wants to go back to that.

No, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about hiding emblems in places that Sonic for example can't access.

Ahh. Yes, that's definitely going to be the case. Making a scavenger hunt where Sonic can get to every location would make hunting as Tails and Knuckles really boring. You will have to use different characters to reach all the emblems, but if you reach an emblem as one character, you will never have to switch characters to actually collect it.

No, Tails emblems don't exist. They're just a system of emblems hidden in clever spots. If I'm guessing correctly, the different colors are for different types of challenges?

Some of them are for record attack, but the rest of them are just colored to make it easier to explain which one you're talking about when discussing them. It's a lot easier to talk about "the red emblem in GFZ1" than "the emblem in the cave with the Armageddon Shield in GFZ1".

Tails emblem?

I wonder if Tails finally have its own emblem orange, besides being annoying, it can be very helpful for new players do not confuse with the knuckles emblem.

There will be no character-specific emblems in the vanilla 2.1 maps (as said multiple times already), so you don't have to worry about that. :P

In all likelihood, you won't need to use Sonic at all to get all the emblems, but you will need to switch between Tails and Knuckles because their abilities can reach different areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back