OLDC Resuming for May/June 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
My CTF map is finally completed, it's the map FB (just after Nimbus Ruins) is it ok at that map? If yes can I submit it right now (This is my first OLDC and I am not sure what to do...)?

You have to wait until May. The OLDC submissions will be open, then create a thread just like if you wanted to release it.

You know, I'm actually kinda glad the OLDC hasn't happened yet, because the more I want to summit my level, the more I look at it and work some more on it.

You have to wait until May. The OLDC submissions will be open, then create a thread just like if you wanted to release it.
Ok thank. Since I have nothing interesting to do I think I'm going to start a map for another division.

Yes VirtualBlitz, you can, just keep in mind if you ever do plan to keep the zone concept for your own level pack around that long that DCZ is officially made, a rename might be needed down the line.

Yes VirtualBlitz, you can, just keep in mind if you ever do plan to keep the zone concept for your own level pack around that long that DCZ is officially made, a rename might be needed down the line.

Well I..... thought that my DCZ would enter Srb2 if it was aproved.

Well I..... thought that my DCZ would enter Srb2 if it was aproved.

Not to be rude or anything, but your level would have to be next to perfect to get in the official singeplayer campaign. And from what I have seen on your maps, you still have a long road trip left before you get there.

Don't let this discourage you from trying to make the level though, it would be a great stepping stone to becoming a skilled mapper, but thinking it would get into SRB2 is a bit too far out there.

I'm finally done with my entry... Just need to wait some more days... ~

Also I was wondering, are we allowed to send two entries in the same division?
Because I scrapped one entry that had a bit potential because I had to re-do FRZ1 for NH.

I'm finally done with my entry... Just need to wait some more days... ~

Also I was wondering, are we allowed to send two entries in the same division?
Because I scrapped one entry that had a bit potential because I had to re-do FRZ1 for NH.
No, only one entry per division.

The rules specifically limit to one entry per user, per division, per content. Just so that's clarified. You could submit, say, a Match and a CTF map to the same contest, just not two Match maps. (I used to make it a habit to submit a map for as many multiplayer divisions as I could in a contest! That was a terrible habit and I advise against it, by the way.)

Okay thanks, my entry is 100% ready, as I said, just some more days to wait (and to do homework :| )

Out of curiosity, are we allowed to use .lua scripts? I'm not sure because last time I read the rules, they didn't explicitly say yes or no.

Lua scripts are banned from multiplayer divisions (along with everything else that isn't the map and its header), but they're allowed in SP.

Ah, okay good. That's what I was assuming (I already knew that everything fun was banned from multiplayer...). Now I've just gotta practice imitating SRB2's style...

Ah, okay good. That's what I was assuming (I already knew that everything fun was banned from multiplayer...). Now I've just gotta practice imitating SRB2's style...

128471074418s.jpg

But seriously though, why IS Lua banned from multiplayer maps in the OLDC?

Because the maps are compiled into a single file, and the Lua script of one map would inevitably affect all the other maps too.

Also, are custom gamedatas allowed for the OLDC?
I mean my level has a gamedata for the emblems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back