Analog control: wich one is better for multiplayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonimaniatic

Milanesas lover.
Which one of the following options is better for playing Srb2: analog control on or off?
(Ignore the ''multiplayer'' word on title)

Sorry for the title mistakes

Last edited:
I've heard that most multiplayer game modes don't support analog. And the ones that can are the modes from SP(Besides race)

So... having it on won't affect most of online...

I disagree. With analog off, the camera is hypersensitive to your movements, and often interferes with your direction. With analog on, the camera is passive and the controls are easier to use. The only potential disadvantage is that the camera can sometimes get stuck, and that's not a problem when you get used to using the O, P, and C keys to control the camera (O rotates the camera left, P, rotates the camera right, C centers the camera immediately).

Last edited:
While the game does have a better camera in the other mode, it feels much more like a console game when it's set to analog controls. I don't like the feel of the game without having analog control and I would have never gotten into the fangame without those settings. It's too bad the netgames don't allow me to use my preferred controls setting. If I did, I would play the online mode a lot. <_<

I don't think I've ever really tried playing the game with a keyboard. I imagine analog controls wouldn't work well on a keyboard.

Depends, If you are new and you play games like Sonic Adventure alot. It is good for beginners,best for pros.

mouse & keyboard has ALWAYS been the best config for almost ANY game, and SRB2 is no exception. It takes a bit of time to get used to, but once you do, Analog just isn't a substitute.

Analog off with a mouse. That fixes all camera problems you can possibly have.
Not really. The camera still gets caught on corners if you're careless enough to strafe around it in the wrong manner, among things. Getting the camera caught behind a door that won't open again is also a game breaker that I've thankfully had to put up with only once so far.

Not that I have anything against keyboard / mouse controls, matter of fact it's still the best option to use anyway - the camera's still hardly perfect though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back