• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic 06 Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

STHE123O

Little Monster
Hello everyone! And welcome to my SRB2 Sonic 06 mod! I am working on it and great progress was made so far. Levels are based on the originals but they are not an exact copy. Its like my Heroes mod, similar parts, but most of them are my own level design. I am trying to make them as open as possible!

I dont have plans to add Shadow or Silver. I guess I ll stick to make a great level pack with Sonic s story order, so you can play with any character wad that you want.I will include Chaos Emeralds in the levels as well. It will be released when its finished (with all levels, emblems, and maybe unlockables).

Levels:
- Wave Ocean
- Dusty Desert
- White Acropolis
- Crisis City
- Flame Core
- Radical Train
- Tropical Jungle
- Kingdom Valley
- Aquatic Base

Help is needed in:
- Music loop and converting to ogg format
- Sprites (Startpost, springs, Goal Ring)
- Bosses? (A Mephiles boss would be nice, not sure about it though)
- Lua coders (I want the Character Select screen to look like the one in Sonic 06)
- Help me think for a good name for the mod! (I want something short... maybe SRB2 06, SRB2 2006 or SRB2 Next-Gen)

Attachments

• srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    325.6 KB · Views: 1,301
  • srb20011.png
    srb20011.png
    414.9 KB · Views: 1,202
  • srb20018.png
    srb20018.png
    633.4 KB · Views: 1,219
Last edited:
Progress is looking really nice so far. The aesthetics and detail in the maps are certainly impressive. I'll keep an eye out on this

Honestly Shadow and Silver as a playable character would be a cool concept. Levels built around their abilities would be super interesting!

Also... do you think you can create some custom enemies too? I don't think crawlas would do this mod justice.

Honestly Shadow and Silver as a playable character would be a cool concept. Levels built around their abilities would be super interesting!

Also... do you think you can create some custom enemies too? I don't think crawlas would do this mod justice.

I am still open to the possibility of adding Shadow and Silver. A vehicle gameplay for Shadow would be pretty neat.

I dont have plans to replace the enemies since I am not that good at doing sprites and I have no idea how to make new enemies at all. If someone wants to help on that, then why not!

I was thinking more along the lines of utilizing Shadow and Silver's abilities. Shadow with his warp ability and homing attack. Silver with his ability to pick up enemies and fly around.

For spriting, I'm unfortunately a bit busy right now but I do know there are a lot of spriters in the discord server if that helps.

For spriting, I'm unfortunately a bit busy right now but I do know there are a lot of spriters in the discord server if that helps.

I'd say 'you called?' but I'm a lazy bum so out the window that option goes

But anyways

The mod itself looks quite interesting, STH1230. I like where this is going, so keep it up! I guess?

I want Sonic to have homming attack and Lightdash too, so he and Shadow will be pretty much the same. My main focus still in to finish the main levels first. Then we will see about Shadow or Silver but if everyone thinks its a good idea, then they are welcome in the mod. We just have to think how can they gameplay be different from Sonic.

Huh, so it appears another Sonic '06 mod is being attempted.. Well, I suppose it was about time, considering what you like to do. (SADX, SA2, SU, Heroes, etc.)

Things look pretty nice so far. Hope you get to completing this!

Honestly... making levels before choosing the characters is a pretty bad idea. You want to build your levels AROUND the characters. Doing it the other way around will overcomplicate things.

Honestly... making levels before choosing the characters is a pretty bad idea. You want to build your levels AROUND the characters. Doing it the other way around will overcomplicate things.

Well my main focus is Sonic right now, like I said. I can always go back and edit them for other characters. Its not like Shadow or Silver can fly like Tails all over the stage, so it wont be that hard.

Oh, so this is what you contacted me about! Nice. Looking clean. Levels look very well-detailed!

As for the current progress... I feel the textures are way too noisy, being seemingly-direct ports from a "realistic"-looking game straight into a "cartoon"-looking game... But I definitely still love it, and look forward to seeing such a kind of "other-game-into-SRB2" mode that contains lots of slopes everywhere.

I would love to help, but... I'm not much of a spriter, texture artist, level designer, Lua scripter, etcetera, and I don't know of any ways to extract sound/music (or other files) straight from the game... So the best way for me to help would be to come up with a name like Sonic Robo Blast 2006 or SRB2006. (Yes, that's the name I have in mind.) Either way, I really wish you a lot of luck with this mod. What you've shown so far looks really neat in my opinion.

As for the current progress... I feel the textures are way too noisy, being seemingly-direct ports from a "realistic"-looking game straight into a "cartoon"-looking game... But I definitely still love it, and look forward to seeing such a kind of "other-game-into-SRB2" mode that contains lots of slopes everywhere.

I would love to help, but... I'm not much of a spriter, texture artist, level designer, Lua scripter, etcetera, and I don't know of any ways to extract sound/music (or other files) straight from the game... So the best way for me to help would be to come up with a name like Sonic Robo Blast 2006 or SRB2006. (Yes, that's the name I have in mind.) Either way, I really wish you a lot of luck with this mod. What you've shown so far looks really neat in my opinion.

Yes, textures are always a problem with this kind of mods, but I think they look okay. I actually thought about "SRB2006" too, it sounds nice! And dont worry if you cant help, thanks for the comment anyway :)

Looking good, this will look and play better than your other remakes with slopes used.

I hope so :D

Apparenlty someone else has done this??

Either way its looking good so far.

I recently figured out how to loop music, and I can easily convert it into any format I want! So, maybe I can help you out with the music.

I'll admit, when I saw the thread title I thought someone had bumped a five year old thread just to say something stupid but to my surprise I was wrong. I like what I see so far for progress and I really don't see anything wrong with it yet.

I do recall having a script someone made whether it was from #srb2fun or from the Releases that automatically thrusted a character to top speed similar to the Mach Speed Sections. So if you can find that and mess around with it to work however you want it to for the levels, you can easily have Mach Speed Sections down.

I do recall having a script someone made whether it was from #srb2fun or from the Releases that automatically thrusted a character to top speed similar to the Mach Speed Sections. So if you can find that and mess around with it to work however you want it to for the levels, you can easily have Mach Speed Sections down.

Is this the one you are referring to? https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=38865

I think its pretty cool, I will keep it in mind. Mach speed sections could be really fun to make!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back