v2.0 Match/CTF Preview (Updated July 1st, 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1.1 Match/CTF Preview (Updated June 1st, 2009)

Mystic said:
This allows the defending team to actually have a chance at getting rid of campers in their base.

Yes.
Yes!
Yes!!

Yeah! I though you would just put a "space sector" around the base so you can stand there for 5 seconds.

srb20289.png

Hmm "@Spazz" Does this mean Spazzo was hosting? A.k.a no more "who da server??" chat?

That's awesome you guys. I don't be annoying or anything, but...I will anyway.

Has race gotten any kind of changes at all?

Yeah, I hosted...made it easier for me to get easy hits (even in the absurd lag we were getting at the time) on people. ;)

You could always figure out who was hosting...just type NODES into the console.

The @ just means that he has power on the server, either because he's the server himself or the server gave him admin powers. Similar to the op icon on IRC.

Spazzo said:
Yeah, I hosted...made it easier for me to get easy hits (even in the absurd lag we were getting at the time) on people. ;)

Like for example, if you are the host of another netgame, and you joined a netgame hosted by someone else, you would get massive amounts of lag, and If you host your own, you don't get as many lag as you did when you joined that person's netgame...

Take this for example:

I joined Mystic's netgame, and I noticed a massive amount of lag after I joined, then, I leave his netgame and hosted my own netgame and I don't suffer massive amounts of lag when I host a netgame.

Do I make a good point, or a bad point?

prev_ss6.png

Erm... almost all textures are good, indeed. But that one on walls... seems big holes or a giant mesh... really it confuses me. I lose the sense of scale and space. If a player sits near a wall like that, he'll look 2/3th smaller.

Also, I suspect that texture set will tire the players' eyes easily. But it's just an opinion on a screen.

(I don't know why "Mario" comes up to my mind every time I look at that screen.)

An interesting thing I realized there: grass borders cast shadows (true or fake ones, I don't know). What is the trick?

Even so, I'm amazed with new features, especially CTF's ones. :)

EDIT:

<strike>I'm wrong or I'm seeing the water is reflecting wall textures?</strike>. Forget, it's the floor under the water.

Ezer.Arch said:
Erm... almost all textures are good, indeed. But that one on walls... seems big holes or a giant mesh... really it confuses me. I lose the sense of scale and space. If a player sits near a wall like that, he'll look 2/3th smaller.

Also, I suspect that texture set will tire the players' eyes easily. But it's just an opinion on a screen.
It looks better in motion, really. The main point of that large, simple texture in the background is to make it easier on the eyes, as the foreground textures are quite bright, so having the entire stage look like that is hard on the eyes.

Ezer.Arch said:
An interesting thing I realized there: grass borders cast shadows (true or fake ones, I don't know). What is the trick?
They're just textures. There isn't a trick at all. The shadow is drawn onto the texture.

Re: 1.1 Match/CTF Preview (Updated June 1st, 2009)

srb2kirbyo said:

Is it me or does the pic look like the text is IRC. *kill'd*

Anyway I think the Knux's color for a SuperForm is poorly chosen. I suggest making him pink instead, like in classic games. :U

That's not Super Knuckles. That's Knuckles colored orange with the color command. Super Knuckles, as well as all Super characters in SRB2 match, is bright yellow. This is for good visibility and consistency.

Mystic said:
Ezer.Arch said:

It looks better in motion, really. The main point of that large, simple texture in the background is to make it easier on the eyes, as the foreground textures are quite bright, so having the entire stage look like that is hard on the eyes.
May we have a video then? Otherwize there will be a request to remove that texture in the changes topic.

Ah, I thought it was Super Knux. Coulda noticed the lack of Emerald HUD. :U

And yeah, matching consistency. Thing is that his real color is pink as super, but blargh. I'm not making the game :P

Also if I make Knuckles flying sprites think you can put them in if they're any good? :U

glaber said:
May we have a video then? Otherwize there will be a request to remove that texture in the changes topic.
Not yet, but eventually we'll put a video up and you'll get to play it, and you'll see that it really does look fine in-game. It's simple but it does its job in making the stage look good.

Well, okay then. I'll hold my complaint until the video or SAGE, whichever happens first.

You act surprised.

@Mystic: you just HAD to put up the pic of you pegging me with rail from a mile away, didn't ya? =P

Whatever; the pic where you had just killed Spazzo makes up for it tenfold.

Let me take a guess, those sparkles around the Sonic player is the force shield.
Also, I really like the new Lime Forest. :D
Although, it would be nice if someone could port the 1.09.4 levels to 1.1, I like the previous Desolate Twilight. :(

The force shield is a traditional blue-colored shield; looks just like the liquid shield of old.

Those sparkles are the new explosion ring graphic, as well as the graphic for the explosion of the grenade ring. The only thing that uses the red ring graphic now is the basic shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back