Jasper for 2.1 - New whimsical abilities!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's possible to recreate a muzzle like that, so that it would look like this from the top view: /O\ but I'm not sure if that would look too different on the back frames.

That's what my model is doing. And that's why it's hard to recreate the speites. When doing /o\, the more back you go, the less appears on the sides. The more you go to the sides, the less/stranger it looks in the front and back.

That's what my model is doing. And that's why it's hard to recreate the speites. When doing /o\, the more back you go, the less appears on the sides. The more you go to the sides, the less/stranger it looks in the front and back.
But if you move it like /o\ it should be on the sides and the front ?

But if you move it like /o\ it should be on the sides and the front ?

It is in that position. However I will test something. I will try something that I've done to my Klonoa model, and something that was done to Goku's hair in tenkaichi 3.

What is it? Will only time tell us?

Here is a view of Goku's hair from each angle:

Notice how in every angle his hair retains a similar shape as it did in the anime, however the top view looks absurd. My Klonoa model, to an extent, used positioning through angles to distribute a similar shape in every angle:

What r2d2/r543 suggested is what I did in the Klonoa model. If i were to make a similar thing to what the Goku model does, and try to cover it up in a cleaver way, I could make it display a view that works on all angles.

Jasper's sound files have been updated to 2.1.12, albeit with a file size increase. If anyone has any tidbits on how to optimize sounds, I'll gladly make the sounds smaller for future releases. Speaking of future releases, a changelog magically appeared in the original post.

quHd3YM.png

So remember that update I promised at least half a year ago to iron out all those bugs? Here's the skinny.

Originally the plan was for Hellhawk to recode the entire thing (which he actually succeded in doing) optimized and less broken, with all the extra fixes and what not. As time progressed though, I eventually made the first sprite of Pinksper and after that event, the code update was decidedly held back for 2.2 so I could finish the sprites.

Since it was last posted two months ago, the total frames I have for Pinksper is two and a half. I haven't even finished the standing frames after all that time! Admittedly, I'm a really lazy person.

And this is the part where I also have to admit I'm going to leave the community for awhile. Not necessarily because of the community itself or anything, but concerning problems surrounding my own life I haven't fought head on due to me always putting it off, much like Pinksper here. There's a lot of things I need to get done or otherwise organize in my life now that I'm becoming an adult, and the last thing I want myself doing is lying to myself that I'll spend the time working on Jasper or something like that (I've done it more times than you think someone would) when I clearly haven't. I don't know when I'll be back, but I do know that I'll eventually come back and finish Pinksper in some way or form.

I'm going to probably get one last update out for Jasper to iron out the bugs that still linger in him if Hellhawk lets me and scoot myself out for awhile. After that, you could consider that version of Jasper final unless it breaks or something (blame Hellhawk this time!) until I do something else with Pinksper or another project for SRB2 entirely or whatever.

tl;dr: I'm leaving the community and I'll update one last time. I'll be back eventually!

I gotta say this is pretty cool! Unusual for a Sonic game but still pretty cool! XD

The abilities also make him useful for finding emblems and other item boxes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back