[SRB2 Riders] Sunken Caves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuba11

^Avatar made by VOLT!^
Well, Sunken Caves was quite hard level to create, but I managed to finish it. There's nothing interesting I can say about it and I hope you will enjoy it at least a bit. As usual, I appreciate criticism. Tortured planet bustable block's crumbling sprites were used.
Download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bgohsr

Updates:
1. Made fly path more useful and fixed some bugs.

Attachments

• srb20042.jpg
    srb20042.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 461
  • srb20047.jpg
    srb20047.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 475
  • srb20049.jpg
    srb20049.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 370
  • srb20050.jpg
    srb20050.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 381
  • Sunken_Caves.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 469
Last edited:
Wow, this is amazing. I like everything about it. The paths being actual shortcuts, the thin grind rail, and the bustable block's crumbling sprites. Just a few things you should fix first:

The player positions should have a distance of 640 instead of 448. Unless you want to go the Zero Gravity route where they all have a different distance.

The bustable blocks should respawn, just like the ones on the mod. Simply copy the Raise Floor and Raise Ceiling linedefs, and the Continuous trigger's tag should be the same as the bustable linedef's size. If the lenght is 32, the continuous trigger should have a tag of 32.

And where exactly is the first Fly path? I went looking for it, and eventually found the hoops high in the air.

Thanks for response!
I will fix the player start positions, but I still can't put that "electric gate" on the finish line. Bustable blocks respawn, but they are activated by sector somewhere in the level. Should it be changed? The first fly path can be reached only by using shortcut. On the right of the entrance of the first power shortcut there should be a ramp. Simply use it to jump on the rocks and you will be led to first fly path by speed pads.
EDIT: Oh and by the way, I gave my map number 01 and it doesn't want to appear in multiplayer. How can it be fixed?

Last edited:
The electric gate should have the control sector next to it on all the levels I made. It uses the Gargoyle trick to lower the Ceiling. To make the electric sector thin, you first add the sector as big as you want, then turn off the Stick Vertices option. That should allow you to move the vertices so the linedef as a distance of 1.

The bustable block being activated by a sector can be fixed if Tag 32 is only used by the bustable blocks. Make a new tag for the one using it. The blocks don't need the Trigger If.. special.

Thanks for the help with the gate, but that bustable blocks don't want to listen to me..
I'll work on this tommorow, beacuse it's late night in my country.
EDIT: I've been trying to make bustable block respawn for hour, but it doesn't work. No matter what linedef lenght and tag I set, it just won't work. I guess I'll have to leave it as it is.

Last edited:
Use Find to grab all the Bustable Block linedefs, and add Effect 5. Then on the control sector that raises the blocks, select the Continuous linedef and change the tag to 32.

I should put this on the Wiki...

EDIT: Done, and I've updated the links.

Last edited:
I can not analyze everything in full, I gotta go.
Music : guess ... Sonic Adventure - Lost World!
So first, we told you, it's a nice level of success.
Now for the icy ramps (the "zoom tube"), the player is in the ramp, sometimes the player is stopped abruptly. I think we should raise the height of the zoom tube. In fact, the player is "in" the ramp...

Then here I can not do anything. Impossible.
2qbbu9u.png
I can not take momentum. Just after the waterfall, I have to jump. And I can not, I do not have enough momentum. If I do not jump, I fall into the water hole.

We will finish in style ?
Looking for a music for your level ? I have a lot about video games.
I picked one at random that looked interesting, it seems to agree with the theme.
Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIGQ_AqWzkw
Download if you're interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?8e4kipl09w799i5
I have a packet of like that.

Strange, I don't recognize this place. Could you take another picture of it? Thanks for the music, but I decided to keep the present one.
Oh and thanks for making my bustable blocks respawn!

Oh, you mean you can get stuck on rail? It actually is supposed to stop non speed type characters from using it.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, I gave my map number 01 and it doesn't want to appear in multiplayer. How can it be fixed?

Somehow your map wasn't set to support Race mode; that's why it's not appearing in multiplayer's level select.

Last edited:
Somehow your map wasn't set to support Race mode; that's why it's not appearing in multiplayer's level select.
Fixed, I gave my map the same type of level as original maps. An uptade will be coming soon, when I'll get some more reviews.

The map is alright, but I have some complaints:

-Constantly going through waterfalls makes the electric shield pretty much useless.

-Did this really have to REPLACE a normal map? I mean, sure, not all the courses are good, but you could have at leased replaced Ice Factory or something, or just move it to a new slot, even. Not replacing a decent one like Metal City. That way, we can just play it along with the other levels.

Otherwise, I don't really have much to say. It's better than most riders maps, but I don't really know of the standards for such maps due to the lack of them, so I can't say much about it. Also, I just downloaded it and still had to manually type map map01 to get there and use -force to select it because it apparently didn't support race. Maybe it was just me, I dunno.

As I said in previous post it'll be fixed. I'll change map noumber aswell. Waterfalls (and going trough them) are one of the main visual gimmicks of the map, so it'll be hard to do anything with it.
EDIT: Updated.

Last edited:
well, its not so much getting RID of them as it is say, leaving some gaps between the waterfall so they player can choose to go around the waterfall to preserve the shield.

Actually, doing so wouldn't give you many more rings. After first waterfall you could be able to reach about 5 rings before shield disappears anyway, and only the last waterfall can actually make electric shield useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back