Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think I know what im going to sumbit now. But It isn't my best work. But It will be done in a day or two.

10 maps so far. Most tend to come in during the last 3 days, though. I got 8 maps on the last 3 days last time.

Egg Flower Zone

So, I'm entering a Circuit map in OLDC that combines the feel of Green Flower Zone and Egg Rock Zone, and adds some pretty high difficulty, while keeping avg. speed pretty high.

Extremely Laggy Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJYEZpNnmpw

Oh and FuriousFox, for the sake of your Inbox, I'm not sending in my last revision until the last day. Mainly because I keep on finding little things to fix.

Attachments

• srb20033.jpg
    srb20033.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 398
  • srb20035.jpg
    srb20035.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 344
  • srb20037.jpg
    srb20037.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Looks nice Mach, I only think there are a few too much/large crushers in the place.
If I were the maker of that map I'd call it Green Rock Zone. ;)

Magma Core Zone has been entered. Good luck to everyone that's entering!

How many in each category?
4 Match
4 CTF
2 Circuit
4 Singleplayer

EDIT: I went ahead and created the voting topic, but it's locked until the voting period starts. If you have submitted your maps and do not see them in that topic, you may want to get in contact with me about getting them in.

Last edited:
Just give up, there's no way a decent map can be made THAT fast.

While I'm not confident about my entry, at least the contest is a good way to get feedback.

FF hasn't uploaded the packs yet. It's still not the deadline, more levels might make it in. Those links are just placeholders.

Just give up, there's no way a decent map can be made THAT fast.
Actually, there have been some pretty decent maps that were made last minute. You can easily whip up a good Match level in 24 hours.

When I try to download the Contest packs, I get a 404 error.
That's because I haven't uploaded them yet. Judging doesn't start until tomorrow night. If you read the first paragraph in that topic, I tell you to ignore it, as I'm just setting things up so that I have less work to do on release day.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to take this moment to mention the new map numbers I'm using for contests from now on. All Match levels will be in the MAPMx level range, all CTF levels will be in the MAPFx level range, and all Circuit levels will be in the MAPRx level range. The change is due to SRB1 Remake taking up the MAPAx slots in v2.0. This change will also make it easier for me to put the pack together earlier, since I don't have to rearrange the map numbers if someone sends something in after I've compiled the pack. This will also make it easier for server hosts to remember which map numbers correspond to which maps. The first Circuit map will always be MAPR1, for example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back