[Open Assets] 1.09.4 Weapon System

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ Sonik

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Description

This lets you play with SRB2 1.09.4's weapon system.

If you never played 1.09.4, here is a quick description: you don't have ammos, instead you only use rings to shoot, however, you have a timer that lets you use the weapons you get as much as you want for a period of time. If you got several weapons, their effects will combine, enabling enhanced weapons such as automatic rail rings, scatter bounce rings, or even automatic scatter rail explosion rings.

In addition, you can also download OldMultiplayerLevels.wad and play in the match/CTF/race levels from 1.09.4. Note that the archive contains Zim's Base Zone as a separate wad because of its size (you can play without it though).

Details

Please note that not all combinations are possible, for instance explosion bounce rings or explosion grenade rings will simply explode like a regular explosion ring, as well as grenade rail rings will just shoot a rail ring. Automatic and scatter are always compatible with other weapons though.

By default, weapon ammos only spawn where weapon panels would normally be located. This behavior can be avoided using a console variable.

Variables

More console variables may come later, mainly to allow a better balancing and switch between the old/new weapon system.

• manyweapons: When on, all weapon ammos will spawn. Defaults to off.
  • oldexplosions: When on, bombs and grenades explode in a 1.09.4 fashion. Defaults to on.

Attachments

• srb20092.png
    srb20092.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 1,493
  • srb20083.png
    srb20083.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 1,318
  • srb20086.png
    srb20086.png
    143.7 KB · Views: 1,331
  • OldMultiplayerLevels.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 825
  • OldWeapons.rar
    3.5 KB · Views: 841
Last edited:
The first step on the long road to fixing multiplayer. You've done us a GREAT SERVICE.

Now if only I could get a game going somehow!

Even though this old match system was balanced,the weapons were very strong and hard to use it,but that was good and a funny WAD. Thanks for making that!

Version 0.2 has been released, fixing a bug with the HUD showing odd values for mid-joiners or when adding the file while playing in a ringslinger map.

I added an extra download, OldMultiplayerLevels.wad, that lets you play in 1.09.4's multiplayer levels. Do not forget to enable manyweapons if you play in these levels, or you'll get no weapons at all.

Was fortunate enough to get a game going with this last week and it's the first time I've had fun online with this game in about a decade. Netplay was broken; the 2.1.17 patch was one half of the solution, this is the other. I wish I could get everyone to play this, but nobody ever listens to me. It belongs in vanilla.

Really hoping you come back to this and implement the rest of the weapon combos (I KNOW you can do bounce rail)!

It would be really amazing to see Explosion-Grande combos being an explosion ring that throws grenades everywhere on detonation. Imagine combining all of these at once! As for the bounce rings, I would love to see explosions happen for the wonderful ricochets that a bouncing-exploding-rail would do.

It would be really amazing to see Explosion-Grande combos being an explosion ring that throws grenades everywhere on detonation. Imagine combining all of these at once! As for the bounce rings, I would love to see explosions happen for the wonderful ricochets that a bouncing-exploding-rail would do.

That sounds more like a "Cluster-Grenade" than a "Explosion-Grenade" to me.
Here's my idea on this
sZGwPld.gif

(Not shown : PRETTY HIGH knockback)

As for the explosion-bounce...
xo7CVKF.gif

Fun, isn't it?, notice they go boom only the first few ricochets and when they dissipate.

Rail-Bounce-Explosion
CY2fjvE.gif

No comments here =S

Last edited:
Now we just need to give someone the ability to nuke the entire level when they have every weapon... But you may want to include infinity with that, as there's only one infinity per level.

Please pretty please can we have pain messages stating the huge combos someone has?!?

Last edited:
Now we just need to give someone the ability to nuke the entire level when they have every weapon... But you may want to include infinity with that, as there's only one infinity per level.

World of Pain didn't include Infinity though, if that's what you're referring to. =V

Version 1.0 has been released, showing proper combined weapon names when a player gets hit by a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back