Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, hey, I just got done trying the full version. I can't really say I've got a grip on anybody at the moment, but I might keep trying Spike or Parappa. Game's pretty good so far, I'll be interested in seeing if the whole thing pans out or not. If anybody has any questions about the game, feel free to send 'em my way.

Got the game too.

So far the characters I've mastered are Raiden and maybe Radec.

Jak is kind of oddball-ish weaponry-wise, though. You can't make the same kind of strategic combos you can with Radec, or at least ones that make sense.

I feel like this game will have some good staying power, especially with DLC characters already announced. My only gripe really is the serious unbalance between characters. Guys like Sackboy and Kratos wreck on the battlefield and others like Jak are oddly difficult to use. I mean there's nothing wrong with characters that are accessible and characters that aren't but some guys just feel plain underpowered.

Still, I'm enjoying it a lot. Trying to main Big Daddy.

Yeah, Jak is seriously... in need of some work. I'm thinking he might be better in 1v1 than a FFA, but I'd need more practice with him to figure it out. If there's a way to combo his Up Circle into his Level 1, that would help a lot, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Good news about Sackboy, though, there's a patch coming out sometime next week.

- A new item, Medusa’s Gaze, has been added to the game
- View Invites has been added to the Party Bar Menu
- Voice chat icon added to loading screens
- AI logic enhancements
- Network performance improvements
- Issue where players were stuck with a different character than the one picked has been addressed
- Issue with matchmaking in regards to player skill has been addressed
- Overall improvements to network connectivity
- Sackboy changes
- Level 1 Super - Increase cost from 100 to 150 AP
- Level 2 Super - Increase cost from 325 to 400 AP
- Level 3 Super - Increase cost from 600 to 750 AP
- Jam Session (Neutral Triangle) - Reduced AP generation from 25 down to 10 AP
- Cakeinator (Neutral Circle) - Reduced AP generation from 25 down to 20 AP

Yeah, Jak is seriously... in need of some work. I'm thinking he might be better in 1v1 than a FFA, but I'd need more practice with him to figure it out. If there's a way to combo his Up Circle into his Level 1, that would help a lot, but I'm not sure if that's possible.
So far I've found this combo where I use neutral triangle, down triangle, up triangle and air neutral square, but it doesn't always work after down triangle.

I think the problem is that most attacks Jak has, especially the circle ones, are either too situational (up triangle being too high angled) or just take too long to be used effectively (up circle, down circle). Really, one of the few things Jak has going for is his square moves that grant him a good, if not great mobility.

Probably so from what it looks like. I've been playing a lot of Heihachi though ever since I got the game. My god, it's been a fun ride ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back