• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Carlos learns Anti-Aliasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLide KS

Sometimes I sprite "things"
Hello guys, im working on a mod called Shouriken team X (The Story of a Galactic Warrior). So im working on the enemies first, this is called RB FLOAT-R1:

7THOwX8.png

So how it looks?.

It looks exceedingly boring I guess would be an answer. Make it less bland?

That aside, the AA on the upper corner-ish areas looks more like pillow shading, so maybe try experimenting with that

You could add on some more details (spikes, robotic parts, screws, whatever) and have some sort of highlight toward the top of the sprite and also lessen the AA. You could also make the feet look a little less like two rectangles, perhaps you could round them out a little more. Otherwise, it's not a bad start.

Hello guys, im working on a mod called Shouriken team X (The Story of a Galactic Warrior). So im working on the enemies first, this is called RB FLOAT-R1:
*pic*
So how it looks?.

Well, at least you're learning how to shade. I like it, but it's a bit too simplistic. I'd suggest adding things to its body, like a jetpack. It IS named RB FLOAT-R1, so you can base something out of that.

You could add on some more details (spikes, robotic parts, screws, whatever) and have some sort of highlight toward the top of the sprite and also lessen the AA. You could also make the feet look a little less like two rectangles, perhaps you could round them out a little more. Otherwise, it's not a bad start.

1- Ok i will try to make more details.
2- Thats not a feet, its the propellers (looks like simple, so sorry for that XD)
3- Lessen the AA? what do u mean with that?

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Well, at least you're learning how to shade. I like it, but it's a bit too simplistic. I'd suggest adding things to its body, like a jetpack. It IS named RB FLOAT-R1, so you can base something out of that.

Nice idea. I will try to do that.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

So, i updated the robot with the recommendations that you told me guys, i think it looks better than the simple one:

G7AgPKx.png

And also, this is my workshop:

lA8D888.png

Last edited:
3- Lessen the AA? what do u mean with that?

What I meant was to make the AA less prominent on the top of the sprite to prevent it from looking like pillow shading, as one other user mentioned. From the sprite you just posted, it's definitely looking much better, but I think there is too much AA at the top.

What I meant was to make the AA less prominent on the top of the sprite to prevent it from looking like pillow shading, as one other user mentioned. From the sprite you just posted, it's definitely looking much better, but I think there is too much AA at the top.

Yeah, i think i exceeded with the AA at the top of the sprite, i'll put less AA at the top of the sprite.

Last edited:
It definitely looks better now. The shading could still use a bit of work in my opinion, but other than that, it's rather nice.

Well, i learned something of LUA, i have done that if the player presses BT_CUSTOM1, the player plays a sound (in this case sfx_ngskid), but the problem is that if i keep pressed, the sound is repeated several times. How I can make the sound is played once?

Screenshot:
Captura.png

I need an explication.

PD: Damn it idk how to do a "code" square in the reply XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back