View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010   #31
Dr Ivo Robotnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO.T.E View Post
Ya know Robotnik, If you don't want Sonic, Tails, And Knuckles getting into your base, why not make one of the zones before it warp them to the first level so they will go in a endless loop?
Violo has already made an accurate guess as to why this is done, but I shall go into some of the technical details. The act of teleportation involves splitting particles into very fine pieces and transporting them. This is possible under certain circumstances, such as a reasonably short distance. (No more than one or two miles, I would say. However, further testing is needed on this matter). For example, I have a teleporter installed in the Eggrock that takes invaders to THE FAN ROOM OF DOOM. But, if I attempt to create a teleporter that takes the user a significant distance away, for example, from Dark City to Greenflower (don't even get me started on a teleporter from anywhere to the Eggrock, teleporting all the way to space is a disaster. I've tried it with robots), then the teleporter requires an extremely large power source to work. So, no. It's not a possibility.

Quote:
But I must ask this one question about the EGG rock, if you don't like being called "Eggman" then why do you have all of you stuff use the name "egg" in it?
They thought they could mock me with that name... "Eggman" they called me... But, ha, it was I who had the last laugh, as I the great Dr. Ivo Robotnik destroyed those who originally called me "Eggman" with the Egg Bombs!

I'm sure you know the time where I set Angel Island on fire, yes? That was because the critters called me Eggman. Then, I adopted the name for my own use because an Egg theme was catchy and original. Besides, I didn't have a specific theme, aside from machinery, until that point. I needed to set myself apart from my peers, Dr. Wily, Dr. Cortex and the Cave Story Doctor.

Quote:
Also, was you the same Robotnik that was in that one netgame when I was testing Techno Laser?
Yes.

Quote:
EDIT: Oh yeah, why don't you put spikes on the sharp like you did with your one turtle robot? that way they couldn't spin into it.
As I have already covered, the original plan was just to have the sharps spin endlessly. However, due to various issues such as fuel consumption, that plan has been scrapped. I have a new model of invincible robots in the works, you may have seen them with their deadly spinning spikes in the Eggrock zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violo View Post
Would it be possible to implement hardware that could prevent some of your creations from going near an enemy if they're spindashing. I've seen it done by the previous poster in his attempts to improve your robots but those changes seemed minor and they were easily defeated.
Jetty-Syns, sharps, pop-up turrets, orbinauts, snailers and robo-hoods do not have this problem.

But, that aside. Yes it's true, spindashing animals are a problem. While I have attempted to counter this, the only reliable way to make spindashing ineffective is to my robots retreat when detect movement and as all of my foes have the super power of running rather fast, that is a problem.

But... While I'm thinking of spin dashing... Yes! I shall upgrade my mass produced Metal Sonic model to spindash in doorways to block the invaders progress. Dooohohohohohoh!