• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lat' and Deadpool, you clever old sneaks. This looks really promising.

I imagine that TFZ's Good Future theme is only a placeholder. Otherwise, it's a shame to use the GFZ2's theme, as you could have taken GFZ1's theme and made it richer. Oh well, if you're too lazy to make one, I won't judge you.

My only nitpick is that I personally think that there should be a bit of more time before each of the flashes happen, because right now they seem too happen a little too quickly from one to another. Just a little bit more of a delay between each flash would be an improvement.

Also, when destroying the robot capsule (or whatever it is called), it doesn't feels as accomplishing to do it without anything happening other than explosions, so I strongly recommend that you include the one sound effect that Sonic CD used. You know, the joyful little sound that plays when you destroy it in Sonic CD.

Your representation of GFZ Past needs to revert to using OLDROCK wall textures as well as 64x64 size flats.

My only nitpick is that I personally think that there should be a bit of more time before each of the flashes happen, because right now they seem too happen a little too quickly from one to another. Just a little bit more of a delay between each flash would be an improvement.

The flashes from what I seen/played depend's on how fast the player is going so if your going faster then average speed [like thoking for example] it will flash quicker then your when your regularly running. If your just running instead of thoking it will flash slower. But maybe I'm wrong though...

Yep I was wrong they both have the same flashing speed as walking and thoking.

Last edited:
This looks amazing so far, but how would this whole thing work in multiplayer? Say someone is in the past, and someone is in the bad future. What happens if a good future is made in the past while someone is in the bad future?

This looks amazing so far, but how would this whole thing work in multiplayer? Say someone is in the past, and someone is in the bad future. What happens if a good future is made in the past while someone is in the bad future?

About players in the Bad future when the generator is destroyed, nothing has been made yet, but they will be directly teleported to the Good Future when this happens.

That's it! They just get teleported to the good future.

I'm sorry, but that has to be really useless criticism. Mostly because you didn't even specify which animation looks stiff and lifeless to begin with, nor did you explain why it looks stiff and lifeless.

The point of giving critique is to get the message across and point out something that could be improved, but your post didn't get anything across at all, other than confusion, and might as well be equal to saying "it sucks".

I meant the time warping sequence animation, I forgot to say that, because I was thinking about placing in a GIF before I posted the comment, and I forget small things like that too easily.

Last edited:
And you still didn't specify what about it looks lifeless. It looks about the same as the original reference, and it uses spring sprites. If you really can think of a way to improve the sequence, then mention what you have in mind.

Your representation of GFZ Past needs to revert to using OLDROCK wall textures as well as 64x64 size flats.

It also needs to turn the crawlas into the old crawlas, but, that might be impossible.

Why would that be impossible?

Don't mind my shitty GPU fucking up the wall in the background... I'd better listen to Aly and remove my AMD updates one day...

...Not really feeling like changing the grass texture though, it gives TFZ past the feeling like it just grown up.

Trying to make a custom title screen.
This is the Sonic Sprite for the title screen.

FondIllustriousBluetickcoonhound.gif

[It uses srb2 palette as well]

What you guys think of this sprite I made? I know it needs a bit fixing.
I just hope all the frames can replace the default title screen sprites.

The hands are bothering me though...

Last edited:
That looks neat! But anyway, is it just gonna be one big Zone each or will it stay as acts? Because I would love to see the bosses and other zones with this difference between timezones.

The animation is pretty decent, although it bothers me that the hand on his stomach is way too simple in comparison to the other one. The least you could do is give it some more shading, to give it some depth.

[gif]

This looks awesome, Deadpool!
As MotorRoach said, you can try giving some shading on the... mitten hand; most of it should be hidden by the title screen logo anyway. Speaking of the title screen, keep in mind we could even use an intro cutscene replacement for those frames where Sonic turns back.

That looks neat! But anyway, is it just gonna be one big Zone each or will it stay as acts? Because I would love to see the bosses and other zones with this difference between timezones.

...As I said earlier, Time Travelling is limited to the way SRB2 handles big maps; only GFZ1 is, and will be Time Travelable in the demo. ...Then it's up to you if you want to objectplace Time Signposts here and here. As for bosses, nothing planned yet.

Well I'm back... Internet is back on... Let's go!

Anyways back to the topic.
I haven't been missing a lot.(thank my phone that I still could go to the internet, though it was slow as shit) The time travel looks amazing but I have still one question: Is time travel possible to do in 2D mode or is it only sticking around in 3D?

...Not really feeling like changing the grass texture though, it gives TFZ past the feeling like it just grown up.

I feel like you should save that grass texture for the Good Future portion; normally in Sonic CD the good future areas are all bright and colorful as opposed to the grim and dreary Bad Future, and that grass really screams bright. I don't really know what other old grass texture you could use to replace it with though.

Also you should make the MIDI of GFZ play while in the past, unless again you find an older alternative to use! And have Knuckles turn into UglyKnu- *shot*

Well I'm back... Internet is back on... Let's go!

Anyways back to the topic.
I haven't been missing a lot.(thank my phone that I still could go to the internet, though it was slow as shit) The time travel looks amazing but I have still one question: Is time travel possible to do in 2D mode or is it only sticking around in 3D?
Why wouldn't it work? All it does is teleporting the player somewhere, after all.

I feel like you should save that grass texture for the Good Future portion; normally in Sonic CD the good future areas are all bright and colorful as opposed to the grim and dreary Bad Future, and that grass really screams bright. I don't really know what other old grass texture you could use to replace it with though.

Also you should make the MIDI of GFZ play while in the past, unless again you find an older alternative to use! And have Knuckles turn into UglyKnu- *shot*
For the grass, well whatever, I don't really mind changing it... what vomit texture did old versions use...? Also I approve the idea of making a MIDI play.
...As for Knuckles, I'm 97.43% sure MotorRoach will disaprove, lol

FondIllustriousBluetickcoonhound.gif

I think the uppermost spine might need to be lengthened a bit.

It's time to make stuff happen!

Two changes that are kinda major to the special stages since they make them not worthless, and easier!
-Score Tally:
GlisteningWindingEstuarinecrocodile.gif

Calculated quite easyly:
50 point per ring, 1000 point per second left. Is directly added to the score.

-Timer Lock:
SmallKindBedbug.gif

The timer is now locked during the 3 first seconds; yeah, this sounds obious that it must be there, because it's kinda cheap to lose 3 seconds when you can't move. In record attack, those seconds are not taken in account either. Also note that the record attack timer, while synched as close as possible, is not giving out the exact ammount of centiseconds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back