[Open Assets] Sonic Colors/Lost World Wisps Plus The jump abilities *V0.9 UPDATE*

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

SSG3

Oh, THAT Youtuber...
WARNING:In sofware mode under an unsupported resolution, the hud, for some reason, is buggy, but that doesn't affect gameplay in any way. It's Recommended to go to a multiple of 320X200 otherwise the HUD will have issues! (demonstrated in the gifs, but OpenGL draws the hud correctly under any resolution)

This Shouldn't be confused with "Sonic Colours Blast 2", and it isnt related to this project whatsoever.
Wisps? From lost world and colors? Why not?

This adds a few wisps from Sonic Lost World and Colors. However, they can only be used by Sonic. Custom 2 activates them, and Custom 3 switches the slots around.

Here are the list of usable wisps so far (this is subject to change):

Asteroid controls: Press Spin while jumping to hover in the air, while still being able to perform your thok. You jump slightly higher while transformed and lasts 14 seconds (unless you grab another before time runs out)

Orange Rocket, when used, makes you lose all momentun and fly vertically upwards at a fixed speed. Holding Jump makes you fly up faster. This only lasts 3 seconds, and can be useful for Sonic to gain access to Knuckles's THZ1 (you need two wisps in different areas to do so, though)

as the sprites are incomplete, Yellow Drill uses my Red Star-Styled movement and Sonic's sprites to allow you to "swim" underwater while preventing you from drowning, but as of now, you can't go faster or slow down. Jump makes you swim up, and Spin makes you swim down, while you move at your current angle forwards at a fixed speed. This lasts for 14 seconds or until you get out of the water/goop.

Press and hold jump to charge up your jump. The more you charge, the higher you jump. This can also be used in midair infinitely!

Press custom 2 once to aim. Your current angle will determine where you go. Press jump and spin to control the up and down trajectory. Press custom 2 again to fire. If you don't get another wisp or get to a laser "diamond" that changes your wisp timer, this lasts 1 second.

For those of you wanting to use the laser diamond to replenish the wisp timer, it's maximum is 14*TICRATE, The wisp timer will deplete by 14 each tic, rather than lasting 14 seconds.

Planned Wisps:
Green Hover (The values are there, but the object and the functions aren't)
Crimson Eagle

By the way, the object types to spawn through spawnobject are:

MT_ASTEROIDBOX
MT_ROCKETBOX
MT_DRILLBOX
MT_BOOSTBOX
MT_BURSTBOX
MT_LASERBOX
MT_ASTEROIDPLACEHOLDER
MT_ROCKETPLACEHOLDER
MT_DRILLPLACEHOLDER
MT_BOOSTPLACEHOLDER
MT_BURSTPLACEHOLDER
MT_LASERPLACEHOLDER

There's also MT_ASTEROIDDEBRIS, which is (you guessed it) the Asteroid blocks that circle you. (You're probably asking why you're invincible while transformed as Asteroid. It's to prevent you from being hurt by them, of course, as they're just using P_SpawnMobj as of now. I can't use P_TeleportMove, as they don't move. Suprisingly that doesn't crash the LUA)

MT_BURSTEFFECT1 is the fire around burst.

Credits to redy who initially ripped the asteroid callout from the 3DS! However, I've managed to get ahold of the callout in Sonic: Lost World's files, so now redy's rip goes unused and removed.

MotdSpork allowed me to use his double jump/homing thok in this wad, which you can see i've modified to give infinite water jumps ala Wii colours

V0.9: *NEW* UPDATES:
Players can no longer use boost multiple times in the air.
A second wisp slot has been added. Press custom 3 to switch the wisps in the slots.
A whole bunch of new commands have been added:
Code:
wisp_allowsuperfly: [SERVER/GAME ADMIN ONLY] toggles Super Sonic's Super Fly on or off. Affects all players
wisp_ringdrain: [SERVER/GAME ADMIN ONLY] toggles the mass ring drain when boosting as Super Sonic. Affects all players
wisp_cheats: [SERVER/GAME ADMIN ONLY] toggles cheat mode on and off. When on, you can use some commands that require this to be on
wisp_endlessboost: toggles endless boost mode. Affects you only.
wisp_spinability:  <number>: change your midair spin ability
DEFAULT: 0 [Disable]
Values:
0 - Nothing
1 - Sonic Mania/Forces Drop Dash (Hold spin until you hit the ground. The faster the fall, the faster the dash)
2 - Modernabilities'/Sonic Colours' Stomp Attack (cancellable via jumping when underwater)
3 - Lost World's Bounce attack.
All of the abilities above were marked as re-usable content, but credits go to the original owners for making these.

wisps_grantwisp <wisp>: give yourself a wisp. Calling this on a wisp that you're currently transformed as refills the timer.
Valid wisps: laser, drill, rocket, burst, asteroid

wisp_nonights: [CHEATS MUST BE ENABLED TO USE THIS] If you're in nights mode and want to get out, use this command. When nights mode is off, you can use wisps and your abilities like normal!

Boost wisps give super sonic 5 rings when collected

Bugfixes have been made to the TUTORIAL map, plus some mismatching textures.

For those of you wondering about Wisps_0.9-skin.wad, that's a wad where it adds the skin "wispsonic". Suggested and created by Gemini, the wad makes a second "sonic" that utilises the use of the wisps, leaving the vanilla sonic untouched. the icon, HUD name and stats are still the same, even down to the sprites of V2.0-2.1.19 Sonic, so MotorRoach, the creator of F-Sonic, won't break our legs about it.

ElaborateTerribleGrayling.gif
EnviousShyCondor.gif
HilariousMeatyDungbeetle.gif
ParallelElatedCaracal.gif
RevolvingDisloyalGazelle.gif
BountifulBoldDungenesscrab.gif
BelovedEssentialLarva.gif

V0.9:
Players can no longer use boost multiple times in the air.
A second wisp slot has been added. Press custom 3 to switch the wisps in the slots.
A whole bunch of new commands have been added:
Code:
wisp_allowsuperfly: [SERVER/GAME ADMIN ONLY] toggles Super Sonic's Super Fly on or off. Affects all players
wisp_ringdrain: [SERVER/GAME ADMIN ONLY] toggles the mass ring drain when boosting as Super Sonic. Affects all players
wisp_cheats: [SERVER/GAME ADMIN ONLY] toggles cheat mode on and off. When on, you can use some commands that require this to be on
wisp_endlessboost: toggles endless boost mode. Affects you only.
wisp_spinability:  <number>: change your midair spin ability
DEFAULT: 0 [Disable]
Values:
0 - Nothing
1 - Sonic Mania/Forces Drop Dash (Hold spin until you hit the ground. The faster the fall, the faster the dash)
2 - Modernabilities'/Sonic Colours' Stomp Attack. (cancellable via jumping when underwater)
3 - Lost World's Bounce attack.
All of the abilities above were marked as re-usable content, but credits go to the original owners for making these.

wisps_grantwisp <wisp>: give yourself a wisp. Calling this on a wisp that you're currently transformed as refills the timer.
Valid wisps: laser, drill, rocket, burst, asteroid

wisp_nonights: [CHEATS MUST BE ENABLED TO USE THIS] If you're in nights mode and want to get out, use this command. When nights mode is off, you can use wisps and your abilities like normal!

Boost wisps now give Super Sonic 5 rings when collected

Bugfixes have been made to the TUTORIAL map, plus some mismatching textures.

V0.8 - Hangout update for TUTORIAL Zone:
A new ramp area has been added. This area demonstrates the use of one of the custom 443 functions. requires an invisible FOF over the sector floor in question to use. linedef tag is the jump height the player will be launched at. This value automatically is multiplied by FRACUNIT.

An area to demonstrate Drill's use underwater has been added. Use it as you please!

An... Athletics track has been added. This is the only "Indoor" area of the map, and is great for racing friends to see who's the fastest one of them all.

An entirely new area called the Hangout area has been added. Here, players can hangout with others. The area is populated with wisps that you can use there, and is open enough to house any object/boss players want to spawn with terminal/objectplace/super debug. There's 3 alcoves going to each of the 3 areas mentioned above, also.

For players who can't finish TUTORIAL Zone, don't despair! A custom Floor-touch linedef (443 again, but tag is how high the player jumps, multiplied by FRACUNIT) is there for players who can't make it normally, like Robo-hood or Metal Sonic

V0.7 - Added the Laser wisp, laser diamond and wisp spawn points for all vanilla Co-op maps
Added the Sonic Bot
Added the Sonic & Sonic Character select option
Added after-images to the boost
Added a Supernova explosion to the Burst wisp.
Added player icons to Singleplayer only
Added Wisp Storage, where you can store a wisp whilst using another
Removed the ability to use wisps whilst super
Removed the ability to store wisps whilst super
Removed the ability to get wisps when you're able to turn super (apart from the bot)
Wisps are now able to respawn, making it co-op friendly
Added an ambient sound to Asteroid

V0.6 - Added some things and fixed a typo in P_IsObjectinGround (needed to be P_IsObjectOnGround, lol)

V0.5.1 - Quick fix to interacting with spikes, plus nerfing asteroid's FOF breaking ability a bit.

V0.5 - Added Boost and Burst, and also some bugfixes relating to finishing the level.

V0.4 - Beta update which allows asteroid to break FOFs with ease

V0.3 - initial release

Attachments

• Wisps V0.9.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 9,477
Last edited:
It's functional, so I'm happy to release it. Albeit, after you change your opening post to clarify that these can only be used with Sonic and that you use Custom Action 1 to activate it.

You should be able to upload those gifs directly into the thread as well, instead of using gfycat. But no problem if you can't, as they do work just fine.

When I fall into a pit with the Indigo Asteroid I'm still the Indigo Asteroid when I respawn except none of it's abilities are present.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't this be placed in Lua? Or is it in miscellaneous for adding sprites and/or custom objects to the mix?

And on the the add-on itself: it was... Interesting to say the least... Although the indigo asteroid seems underwhelming as it only pulls in rings....
Anyway, keep up the good work.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't this be placed in Lua? Or is it in miscellaneous for adding sprites and/or custom objects to the mix?

And on the the add-on itself: it was... Interesting to say the least... Although the indigo asteroid seems underwhelming as it only pulls in rings....
Anyway, keep up the good work.

Yep! it should do more than just pull in rings! but its cool!

@Rosy & Motdspork: It also destroys enemies, and grants you invincibility through its duration.

I think this addon is pretty cool, hope you will do cyan laser and green hover soon.

Atleast make the indigo asteroid have a greater attack range.... And please for the love of God.... Change the colors of the debris circling it... Make them shades of purple please

EDIT: the purple I'm referring to is actually based on sonic runners for mobile devices.

Last edited:
Hi there, im actually interested in your wad, i will like to use it in a project i'm working on, you are not planning to put green lazer? it will be great, also, i will like the indigo asteroid destroy the breakable walls and disable the spin dash, by the way, i enjoyed a lot your wad, i was waiting for someone to do this

Last edited:
Hi there, im actually interested in your wad, i will like to use it in a project i'm working on, you are not planning to put green lazer? it will be great, also, i will like the indigo asteroid destroy the breakable walls and disable the spin dash, by the way, i enjoyed a lot your wad, i was waiting for someone to do this

1: I'm pretty sure you mean "Green Hover"?
2: Sure, you can use the mod however you please!
3: Yes, I'm planning for asteroid, rocket and drill to break breakable FOFs.

1: I'm pretty sure you mean "Green Hover"?
2: Sure, you can use the mod however you please!
3: Yes, I'm planning for asteroid, rocket and drill to break breakable FOFs.

1: Actually nope, i was trying to mean "Cyan Laser" it was a confusion.. sorry about that
2: Thanks :P, i really want to use wisps in my project
3: Ok, good luck with that

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back