View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012   #22
LightspeedX
aka PrismaticAngel

As I said, interesting.

Industrial Valley Zone 1 by Zipper - 5/10

This level is... well... kinda boring actually. It's average really. Nothing too special. Well, it's a bunch of running and jumping and jumping over pits and strategically placed hazards but it's just... uninteresting. This map isn't bad, but it's not good either. Like Mystic said, this map pretty much defines average.

Also, this:
Spoiler:
Thats the extra life thats on a rock in the second area that, after it collapses, doesn't cause you to die and has a wrong texture assigned to it.

Azure Temple Zone by Mystic & Prime 2.0 - 6/10

This level is quite good, challenging too. For example, I like that you strategically placed Buzzes over death pits so you have to avoid them at all if you want to make it to the other side. I also like how this was used in the Knuckles only path, although some parts are really tough, especially since the entire level was underwater. I also really hated those Gargoyles sometimes since they were placed in some very annoying places and sometimes I even used god to get past those annoying creatures.

Sonic's Schoolhouse by Boinciel - 4/10

Well, this level is cute and adorable although I've never played Sonic's Schoolhouse before. This level looks and is quite fun (I especially like those nicely made doors) but it doesn't actually provide alot of challenge. I also feel that this level could've been longer and that there could've been done more with it.

Frozen Hillside Zone 2 by Blade - 7/10

This level is good, it has nice enemies, secrets and gimmicks, but I feel like you can do better. The snow can get a little grating sometimes and by the way, the area with the End level sign doesn't have a bottomless pit effect assigned to it, meaning that if you try to reach one of those structures and fail, you're stuck at the bottom.

Chemical Facility Zone 2 by CoatRack - 8/10

This level is very enjoyable but it has it's flaws. On one hand, the bouncy liquid is very fun and the custom enemies are very interesting. There are also some good alternate paths to choose from. On the other hand, that slippery liquid is very annoying and some of the enemies are placed in very annoying places, like in one place where you have to use the physics of the water to get higher there is a goop and a slime turret placed right on the platform you need to reach and that makes it very annoying to get to. Also, sometimes the bouncy liquid fails me and causes me to fall through it, killing me.

On another note, I discovered this goof:
Spoiler:

Lightless Labyrinth Zone by Shadow Hog - 6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
Fumbling in the Dark, Sonic style.
Funny, I thought that sort of was the idea behind this level. Also, this. I feel like that music would've fitted this level better, although the current music also fits this level since it makes me think about Sonic running around in the dark hitting walls and running in circles.

On to the level itself, I like the original idea you're using of walking around in the dark and using spotlights to mark your next location. However, some parts absolutley kill this level. That multi chrusher for example is really annoying to pass without using the god cheat and some of the enemies, though fairly original, especially the fire one that can only be defeated with water, start to get very annoying after a while. Especially in the area where I have to lure multiple of them to the other side of a hallway to get rid of them through the water. I did very much like that boss though, although I'm a little confused over how to defeat said boss since one time I had to defeat him regularly but another time I apparently caused something to happen that ended the fight early and sent me to the end. Like you said, it was a polarizing level from what I've seen so far.

Quote:
Log wrote:
P_SpawnXYZMissile - projectile has 0 speed! (mobj type 343)
Please update this SOC.
Wow, I'm quite terrible with reviews but here you go.
<toaster> i love you lightspeed

Last edited by LightspeedX; 07-06-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Technical error