Faster Run
Run on water
No space/water counter

Cons:
Can't turn super in match
No ability
No weapon rings

-Make music return to where it left off after collecting a 1up
-Speed up the music when speedy shoes are collected.

Srsly, I've avoided these items before because I was enjoying the music so much.

-Speed up the music when speedy shoes are collected.
We got this already via level header command, SPEEDMUSIC, although it is buggy in the current version (v.2.0.4).

I have not checked if this has been suggested already, but, there should be a way for a designer to determine the direction the player faces when going through upwards/downwards current/wind. It seems that every time, the angle is 0 degrees, relative to the x-axis.

By the way, I do not have the time to search for an answer to this, but, is there any way for SRB2 to increase the downloading rate for getting files from servers? An average rate of 50 KB/S is pretty slow, especially when you are able to download at much faster speeds than that. I do not see why you are restricted to downloading at that average speed.

Last edited:
No weapon rings
Are you actually serious.

Please play a game of SRB2 match to understand why weapon rings can't be disabled for a single player.

By the way, I do not have the time to search for an answer to this, but, is there any way for SRB2 to increase the downloading rate for getting files from servers? An average rate of 50 KB/S is pretty slow, especially when you are able to download at much faster speeds than that. I do not see why you are restricted to downloading at that average speed.
There is a command line parameter which controls this. I do not remember what it is, and I'm not even sure if it works properly. Is there any reason why it's not dynamic, or at least higher?

Here are some ideas for extra weapons in Match and CTF Mode:

Random Ring: When you collect this, it randomly awards you one of the other weapons. Checking the "Object Special" flag will turn it into a Strong Random Ring; otherwise, it is a Weak Random Ring.

Magnet Ring: If it makes contact with a player, it'll bind to them and start a 20 second countdown. At the end of the countdown, the player automatically loses all rings and items, and those rings and items disappear immediately. During the countdown, however, the player can transfer it to another player by hitting them.

Arrow Ring: This ring can pass through a player. If you've got a multiple player shot lined up (which is admittedly very rare, but by no means impossible), you can hit all of them with a single shot. It travels faster than an ordinary ring, but slower than a Rail Ring.

Some SOC modifications for A_FireShot/superfireshot and A_ToggleFlameJet:

You can already alter Z displacement for A_FireShot; how about being able to also alter left to right displacement, and forward/backward displacement using the upper 16 bits? It would be great to be able to break free from the set configurations of A_BossFireShot.

A_ToggleFlameJet used to also be able to set that old Eggslimer jetfume. I think that this functionality should be brought back, along with one for the old GFZmobile configuration. You could toss the new sprites into the existing jetfume sprite set so it doesn't break anything, after all.

Next, steal or recreate A_RailRing from ShufflaRB2:

Code:
A_RailRing
//Fires a hitscan projectile
VAR1 = object type to fire(redring in normal rail rings)
VAR1 upper 16 bits = Firing SFX
VAR2 = "trail" object type(ring sparkle in normal rail rings)
VAR2 upper 16 bits = Projectile impact SFX
//SFX variables will use -1 for fired object's seesound,
//-2 for attacksound, -3 for painsound, -4 for deathsound,
//-5 for activesound and -6 for no sound at all
And lastly, a suggestion for a new SOC action: A_SetIDVar.

Currently, you can have an object keep track of up to two other objects by assigning Target and Tracer. Actions such as A_CapeChase and A_RemoteAction can use these to designate what your object acts upon, and as such it is immensely useful for making stable systems of communication between objects.

It's also incredibly unreliable. Target and Tracer were made for completely different reasons, and the game will wipe either of them under many different circumstances, many of which the scripter/mapper will not be able to control. Long range communication using just SOC actions is impossible. Furthermore, only being able to keep track of two objects at a time(one of which the "actor" object will have to be facing because of how target works) is highly restrictive.

So, the proposal here is for an action that works like A_FindTarget and A_FindTracer, but which also has a variable for setting a "slot". Slot 0 would be target, slot 1 would be tracer, and every slot after that would be a custom IDVar that only A_SetIDVar could alter. Any actions that ask you to specify whether to use target or tracer such as A_RemoteAction would be modified to be able to select from any IDVar. In this way, not only is the harsh restriction of how many things any one object can keep track of removed, but the scripter is now afforded a way to do so that is stable and that can work over long distances.
Code:
A_SetIDVar
//Assigns an ID Variable for the actor object to keep track of.
VAR1 = Object type to search for(uses nearest)
VAR2 = IDVar to assign to
//In Var2, 0 is target and 1 is tracer. 2 and everything after 
//are "stable" IDVars and can only be modified with this action.

Last edited:
Speaking of soc actions, Morphed's soc actions from his exe mod would be cool. They allowed alot of flexibility for bosses.

- Since there's already a water-borne bomb-dropping badnik, make Jettysyn Bombers and Gunners unable to chase you into water. (If pinned to a cieling by a water block or otherwise swept into one, they should either short out and selfdestruct or lose engine power and plummet helplessly like a rock. Whichever is funnier.) Also, I second whoever suggested that Crawla Commanders should be able to evade characters charging up a spindash.

- Set a 70-or-more Rings on hand requirement for Emerald Tokens before they will activate at the end of a level - if you finish with less than 70 then the token(s) are wasted. (given the abundancy of rings, the usual 50 seems too low.) This is the kind of element of challenge the tokens need because at this stage they're not much more than a formality to grab.

-- In co-op, if the above can be made to check only the ring count of the player who took the token, this might work. In case of kicks/timeouts, the token (and the ring check) could shift to the next/previous player node automatically (a console command could be used to set or disable the token-shifting behavior).

Last edited:
Trigger Linedef Executor - CTF Red/Blue Flag - Once/Continuous/Each Time

Basically, a linedef trigger that activates when the red/blue flag is inside the tagged sector. This could be used for changing the enviroment when the flag is captured, for example.

Here are some ideas for extra weapons in Match and CTF Mode:

Random Ring: When you collect this, it randomly awards you one of the other weapons. Checking the "Object Special" flag will turn it into a Strong Random Ring; otherwise, it is a Weak Random Ring.

Magnet Ring: If it makes contact with a player, it'll bind to them and start a 20 second countdown. At the end of the countdown, the player automatically loses all rings and items, and those rings and items disappear immediately. During the countdown, however, the player can transfer it to another player by hitting them.

Arrow Ring: This ring can pass through a player. If you've got a multiple player shot lined up (which is admittedly very rare, but by no means impossible), you can hit all of them with a single shot. It travels faster than an ordinary ring, but slower than a Rail Ring.

1. That's a good idea actually. It would take some getting used to though.
2. I already suggested a Supervirus Tag mode.
3. Great idea! Heck, you could probably make it in a SOC if you really wanted to.

Off topic: Where/How can I make/find a music pack? Whatever D00D64 said waaaaay back last September...
OT: Melee move(s) to conserve rings? Cool...

More of a personal nitpick than a suggestion, I guess, but here I go...

I really don't like the way that Sharps can't be attacked by jumping on him and his temporary invincibility. The thing is, I like both of those qualities, but separately. I like the idea of a basic enemy that must be rolled into (like how Green Snapper is a basic enemy who must be jumped upon) and an enemy that's temporarily invincible ensures that you just can't spin in place and kill your enemies, which actually makes combat hard and a bit exciting in Eggrock Zone. I guess I think it'd be better if those two qualities were split between two enemies. Or maybe you could have two varieties of Sharps.

Speaking of enemies, I thought I heard a rumor months ago that CastleBot FaceStabber will take two hits to defeat in later versions. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

Last edited:
OT: Melee move(s) to conserve rings? Cool...

Ugh,Have you played that Melee.soc one of the devs made? Terrible! (The Soc not the dev.) The only way to actually hit someone without endangering your self is rail (Which kinda makes it Rails.soc only :/)

I dunno, I still find it's kinda silly that you can't hurt other players with a spindash in a Sonic game of all things. Hell, I don't even care if it's impractical in a firefight (though a direct hit with an elemental shield roll proves it does have applications), it still would've been nice to have the option at least - hell, it could serve as a "humiliation" style kill, like an Impact Hammer or Gauntlet or whatnot.

Not to mention it's a bit of a beginner's trap for first timers, but that's less important.

Different types of crosshairs. For example, a full-cross, exactly like TF2 has. A cross with point in it's middle, and a round crosshair. Also, the option to change the color of your crosshair.

I've said this before, but I'll say it once more.

A pack of different crosshairs (3).

A full cross, which may give the player a better chance of aiming and targeting. Second, a round crosshair. By round, I mean the Soldier's Rocket Launcher crosshair from TF2. And another crosshair, exactly as the cross, but with a point in the middle.

Also, the option to change the color of your selected cross.

I dunno, I still find it's kinda silly that you can't hurt other players with a spindash in a Sonic game of all things. Hell, I don't even care if it's impractical in a firefight (though a direct hit with an elemental shield roll proves it does have applications), it still would've been nice to have the option at least - hell, it could serve as a "humiliation" style kill, like an Impact Hammer or Gauntlet or whatnot.
This, please.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back