Minecraft announced for the xbox360 with Kinect support...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacy

Now with less viruses
http://gamerant.com/minecraft-xbox-360-kinect-johnj-88549/

So yeah, at E3 Microsoft announced that Minecraft is coming to the Xbox360 with "full Kinect support". Personally, I like the idea of Minecraft on the 360 because some people don't have the ability to play it on their computers, but they should stop trying to milk the Kinect especially with a game like this.

What are your opinions on this announcement?

I was surprised at the reaction of most of the Minecraft players, who thought that this game should be PC and PC only.

I completely disagree though, and it's not because I'm a console gamer (in fact, I would consider myself a console and PC gamer). I think this would be a good opportunity for the console gamers (and like Jacy mentioned, people with crappy computers) to be able to play Minecraft with their console-gaming buddies. I just don't understand why some people are pissed off by this though, I mean, it could create an even larger community of players, given the amount of players that go on Xbox Live every day. I would also like to mention that Notch isn't developing this, which he already confirmed a while ago, and he will continue working on the PC version while the other company (whoever it is, I forgot :S) works on the Xbox version.

There is one thing that sort of confuses me though, and it's the fact that Notch allowed some other company to make a console port of a game that's still in its beta phase. I think it would've made a lot more sense if they started working on it when Minecraft is finished, which would be in the middle of November.

But oh well, I'm still looking forward to this since now I could show this to my friends some day and maybe they could play along with me. :D

This was the only good thing to come out of Microsoft's E3 conference. I've wanted to try out Minecraft for so long (that's not the outdated version), and now I'm going to be able to. It just makes me happy.

I recall in the 360's Marketplace when I looked in the Indie section, there was an Avatar-based game that acted like Minecraft. That and it got some decent reviews. Haven't tried it yet but anyway...

I recall in the 360's Marketplace when I looked in the Indie section, there was an Avatar-based game that acted like Minecraft. That and it got some decent reviews. Haven't tried it yet but anyway...

Oh, that. My friend brought his 360 over once and we played the demo of that. It felt like a crappy ripoff of Minecraft classic. Not too sure what the title of it was. I believe it was Fortresscraft or something.

I'm not too excited about this since I can't see how it would be practical to play Minecraft with Kinect. IMO, Minecraft is best suited for PC with mouse and keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back