The future, eh?

Have you even thought about what you'd be doing for a living?

• Really early in my lifetime...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A few years ago.

• Recently...

• I haven't, and I wont.

• I haven't, but I should start soon.

• I'll start.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Segmint

Yeah. My laptop sorta exploded (although it's fixed now). Even though it's availible for my use, I don't use it often anymore. I'm caught up with the future, grades, school, etc., and it's awesome. I don't understand why I didn't care as much earlier... it's so incredibly easy, and I'm already on my way to a career that will get a great (and steady) monetary flow, and something I'll enjoy doing.

I dunno; how do you guys feel about school, future, grades, etc.?

Oh btw, I'm into some philosophy now, hence the poll. Also, to spice things up, what do you plan on specializing in?

For me:

Music
Art
Sculpture
Philosophy
Wood Working/Crafts
Culinary Arts

Started college, I thought I would be doing Computer Science as a major, but now I'm a Music Education major, go figure.

I thought my career was just going to be in computers, with music as a hobby, but with the way things are going, I might have a career in both music and computers.

akirahedgehog said:
Maybe something to do with games if I feel like it in the future.

I said that at one point. But then I guess a lot of us wanted (or still want) to work on video games as a career.

Application development, web development, game development, etc (although they could all technically be classed as application...)

supersonic45 said:
Video game designing, and a employee for Sega so I can spank their asses at how good my games are.

Uhh, you don't join a game publisher and "spank their asses" with your games. You may work on one of their games eventually, but you sure as hell aren't making your own games under SEGA.

I honestly think school has become a load of faggotry. I've been pulling for homeschool, but my parents believe that someone must be with me when I learn. I think that's a load of bull. Currently, computers are much better in the way of education, rather than compulsory schooling. I mean, you get dragged out of your own home at like four-to-six years old to go to some prison for some seven hours because of the law. Screw that law and the idiot that came up with that idea.

My own career will be in Japanese animation, and perhaps as a Japanese-English translator as a miniature. Basically, I want to dabble in the Eastern Wonderland things, as the Western Wastelands are starting to annoy me.

SCREW USA *murdered by extremists*

I am an intermediate pianist, I major in music of all types.
I am a professional organist, and as far as everything, music
is my thing.

B)

My plan ten years ago was to become a professional video game designer. But in my later years, as I was forged into the cynical being I am today, I began to realize that wasn't my reality. I'm now 21 years old, in college with a computer science major, and still not entirely certain which field of work I will eventually go into.

Sykotic, I don't want to rain on your parade, but you can't exactly go into a career of Japanese animation unless you are, in fact, Japanese. That's why it's called Japanese animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back