Official Level Design Contest: September/October 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing that screenshot Blade, I feel like my single player level won't stand a chance. =[

Though I do have plenty of time to improve it, and I'm almost done with my match map.

I'm not going to try to enter again. Every time I E-mail him my map never gets in and I don't get a answer. Good luck to those who are entering.

Chrome said:
After seeing that screenshot Blade, I feel like my single player level won't stand a chance. =[

Though I do have plenty of time to improve it, and I'm almost done with my match map.

If it's still good, send it in anyway!

Chrome said:

One picture doesn't always mean it's going to turn out good, you know. Besides, this isn't a community where everyone would expect a high-quality map from the mappers (unless the mapper does make high-quality maps, then that's a different story).

I just sent my SP map to you, if it is'nt there (you'll know cause I put my name here in it) then tell me and I'll resend it, if you still don't get it then, then I'll have to try something else...

Chrome said:

Oh, don't lose hope over a single screenshot. I saw it, and I'm not immediately emailing FF going "ZOMG PUL MAI LEVL CAUZE IMMA GONA LOOSE :(((".

mikesword221 said:
I'm not going to try to enter again. Every time I E-mail him my map never gets in and I don't get a answer. Good luck to those who are entering.

All you have to do is supply the following:

The actual WAD
The division it will be entered into
The level's name
Your username

Picture of the red base for my level...

Overview of the blue base

Overview of the red base

As you probably already figured, I'm entering the CTF division. Still ironing out some bugs, but this one might actually make it in! *gasps* *shot*

Anyway, level is called contaminated gourge.

The track of No Name Forest is complete. (Well the rails are) Items are now being placed and I'm starting to become use to how to aim the NiGHTS bumpers without placing all of them

Wow, that looks like it will be an interesting stage, Blade.

Can't wait for the contest to begin. We have so many great-looking stages.

Well, if I'm pitted against Chrome, Ice, and Blade, I don't think Red Desert Zone is going to win. In fact, I don't even think Red Desert will get as high of a score as Poison Palace Zone.

I was about to say that sector tags don't sum up the quality of the level, but it seems you have found that out anyway. If it's any consolation, my map currently has no more than 50 tags, and Hidden Sanctuary only had about 115 tags. Of course this all depends on the style of the level.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Well, if I'm pitted against Chrome, Ice, and Blade, I don't think Red Desert Zone is going to win. In fact, I don't even think Red Desert will get as high of a score as Poison Palace Zone.

Pfft. You'll do fine against mine. My maps almost ALWAYS suck! :D

I'm entering anyway, for the sake of entering for my first time.
I think it will be good enough to be played though...

Also, yes, it's me blade t. vamp, anyway, I figured I should post updated pix of my level.

New overview of the red base...

New overview of the blue base...

A look at the blue flagpost in the blue base...

A look at the red flagpost in the red base...

All in all, its a lot better than it was before. I'm not sure I'm gonna keep it nightime though...So...
EDIT: Also, I almost forgot, if my avatar is against the rules...Let me know. I don't feel like getting banned.

Jazz said:
First circuit map ever. I can't believe I never attempted to make one of these before now.

Yeah, because you have perfected the KISS strategy with your match maps more so than most of the other members around (even if we all know they aren't top-notch). I tried making a circuit map and then choked on the details... the map never would have been able to allow a streamlined run without severe modification let alone play under lag.

Unbelievable how much better it looks with the GFZWALL2 there. I might recommend finding something similar to do with interior. (or add some trunks embedded into the wall or something, I can talk to you about aesthetics in IRC)

EDIT: Wow Blade, amazing use of cyber-textures for the level aesthetics. I'm looking forward to seeing how it's implemented. Love the custom graphics too, did you make those or were they from the asset package? At any rate its nice to see a fresh look in there. I'm also interested in seeing what SonicMaster has in store this time, hopefully it will be as solid as poison palace as opposed to elemental mansion and the one before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back