Contest Discussion Topic (2.1.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
a9rOW2o.png

At the mountains of madness.

I have a question about voting, since it was brought up in IRC:

How does the system of "author votes their map first" take collabs into account? That leads to two automatic first-place votes if both authors vote, and that seems kind of unfair if multiple authors vote on a map. Is there any consideration for this?

The idea we've come up with on IRC is that vote tallies are a mean of all the votes, instead of a sum, and only one author vote is counted. That'd be a simple solution.

Last edited:
That would cause voting to have an actual straight drawback, since your opponents would gain points and you wouldn't. Collabs getting a slight bonus isn't an issue if we get more than 10 votes, so I didn't worry about that.

A little preview of what to expect:
srb20038-1.png

srb20039-2.png

srb20034-2.png
(Mostly works in 2.1.8, completely works in 2.0.7)
srb20037.png

srb20040-3.png

Screenshot2014-06-21163201.png
There is no second map, it's all one map.

Edit: Emerald Lake Act 2 has been submitted, a few days ago.

Last edited:
I certainly hope the correct versions of everyone's levels are used. If not, well at least my entry wad was properly labeled for the contest

I certainly hope the correct versions of everyone's levels are used. If not, well at least my entry wad was properly labeled for the contest
Don't you worry, we are paying attention to the OLDC submission threads. as hard to believe as that may be

The deadline's in a few hours, so get your submissions in quick!
I can't wait to play everyone's maps, there were some really neat ones shown off in IRC.

I agree with Knux576, I am 9999999/100 hyped (overloads with happiness) I am ready...!

But before that, I have a question, Is normal users allowed to vote too?

Don't know where anyone would get the idea normal users can't vote, but indeed they can vote!

Brace yourselves, only 2 hours 10 mins until voting starts now guys.

In fact, we encourage as many people as possible to vote. The more people who vote, the more accurate the results will be.

I imagine this will be the best OLDC yet, given the amount of new things (Lua, linedef actions, etc.) that can be done in modern SRB2. I expect to play some high-quality maps in an hour and 30 minutes from now.

As a reminder, the contest deadline is in a little over 24 hours. If you're still working on your entry, now is the time to finish up and send it in. Files entered after the deadline will not be included, even if it's only a minute late, so please enter early to avoid such problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back