• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[SUGOI 2] Sonic Uncovers Banning And Realizes Anime Spoilers Hurt Intricate Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the by, who all is working on an emerald stage yet? (or plans to) I ask because if we don't have a full set before too long, I was gonna throw together one possibly two stages with this gameplay style to fill in the gaps.
I technically haven't started it yet, but my emerald stage mechanics are mostly done and I should be able to make at least one level with them.

Man, this soon after the last SUGOI? It feels like no time passed at all.

Sadly, this will be a bit of busy month for me so I don't know if I'll be able to submit a map. Still looking forward to seeing what everyone else brings, tho.

"Hard Times" Icecap. you're on the right track with fixing up what walls show the skybox and what don't, but there are still plenty that need a regular wall texture. Unfortunatly, the dark room at the end now reminds me of Sonic's Nightmare from SRB2 Christmas 0.98 with the addition of the Crawlas (one of the few I feel fit in with just about every theme)

"Lept before I looked" Leaps of Faith. Unfortunate that the door can't be fixed, and I even took a look at it to figure out what the problem was. A wall Knux was suppose to clime on the path I mention in an earlier post is now impassable for knuckles because the climbable wall can't be climbed on anymore. The bustable door is also now harder to open. With it built as it is, I reccomend it either being destroyed on touch, or opened with a button or gargoyle button (I keep thinking that gargoyle is there for something)

I also discovered a secret path near the end with an arrow pointint to it. Problem is, playes can't access it because a death pit FOF is in the way making that arrow instead, point to death.

One last note, your music choice loops like a CD BGM from the 90's

"The Temple of the Bad Dream" Night Temple. Oh boy, did this level take me back. This level felt like the kind you could fin as SRB2's Tech Demo and the kind of stuff you'd see in 1.09.4's OLDC. Felt good, but ther were a few cramped halls and the camera got stuck in a few places. On my first life, the ? boxes gave me the perfect shields, a double shield, then a elemental shield. I'd make the path we're suppose to take a little more obvious to take by adding some rings along it. not too many, but anough to get the player's attention.

So.... Um... How do I "Submit' my map to SUGOI2? If anyone were to tell me, I would greatly appreciate it! It may not be finished yet, It's still in the works right now as I speak. But just in case.

Last edited:
So.... Um... How do I "Submit' my map to SUGOI2? If anyone were to tell me, I would greatly appreciate it! It may not be finished yet, It's still in the works right now as I speak. But just in case.
There's a form at the bottom of the first post. You just make a reply to this thread when you're ready to submit with that form filled out and your map either uploaded as an attachment (I don't remember if that's supported on replies...) or posted somewhere external, like Dropbox, and linked there.

I'm working on an F-Zero type map with a Metal Sonic race, can any one link me to a tutorial for setting him up?

I'm working on an F-Zero type map with a Metal Sonic race, can any one link me to a tutorial for setting him up?

F-Zero Map you say:

l2JhCau4uBrq6ajni.gif
An old Map I made just for fun. I'm not really working on it for anything, but I suggest you don't make the level ugly flat and plain like how I did with an ugly quality skybox as well.

Also for Metal Sonic Race:
https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Metal_Sonic_race_tutorial

Last edited:
With all these awesome snippets people are posting, this SUGOI looks like it'll be even better than the last one :D

Thinking about it actually, I have 2 questions:

1. What screen resolutions are expected to be supported? Is it fine to only support green resolutions? Is it okay to only support resolutions higher than a certain size?

2. For special stages, what's the general length of support that's expected for co-op? Obviously it should at least baseline function, but should it work like the vanilla stages, where all players are in the same exact instance of the special stage, or can each player have their own seperate instances? (How the latter would/should work is probably more up to the individual designer.)

Thinking about it actually, I have 2 questions:

1. What screen resolutions are expected to be supported? Is it fine to only support green resolutions? Is it okay to only support resolutions higher than a certain size?

2. For special stages, what's the general length of support that's expected for co-op? Obviously it should at least baseline function, but should it work like the vanilla stages, where all players are in the same exact instance of the special stage, or can each player have their own seperate instances? (How the latter would/should work is probably more up to the individual designer.)

1. Most people only support green resolutions.
2. I think as long as each player can play the game the way the maker of whatever they're playing intended them to, it's ok to do whatever you want. Basically, as long as it works.

Puppyfaic's got it down. Any resolutions you want to support are fine, but I imagine you'd at least want to support green, and how it works in Coop is entirely up to you. Hell, you could make it SP-only if you want; it might increase the chances of me using it as a normal level instead of an emerald one, but hey you can.

Also, WOW! I've been having a bit of trouble keeping up on my own thread a little... which is exactly what I want, actually! Keep it coming, this is looking to be even cooler than the first one~!!

There's even submissions already? Niiice. I'll start reviewing them in bulk once we're deeper in. But while you're waiting, why not think about some places for emerald tokens or emblems? I've put some tips on both in the opening post, especially for score attack emblems~

Last edited:
"Toxic Ruins" Polluted Polis. A very solid level, but as I discovered while testing, slopes can send the player towards, or away from the screen. A slope by the first checkpoint slides the player towards the screen.

"Everybody" Everybody!
two things to keep in mind when making the places for the emerald token, make sure you can actually get to it. Test the level yourself so you can find some possible problems before submitting updates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back