UPDATED New sonic model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ezer.Arch said:
Ashnal said:
http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spinesoh3.gif

That's it! It's perfect.

BTW, you said once you edited/made this model in Blender. Blender you are speaking of is this program: http://www.blender.org ?

I ask because I'm learning Blender... I'm just curious. :-)

Of course. Actually, I just started learning blender a week and a half ago.

I didn't make it. Others have confirmed its a sonic heroes rip, which I wasn't aware of when I started. I uv mapped, textured, rigged, and animated it.

It seems nice! You could gave to the model a skeleton, that will gave him more animation

verifiaman said:
How long does it take for these to load?
How do you mean, if your talking about ingame you have to run it in open gl and the use the command
Code:
gr_md2 1
otherwise you cant see md2's.

Ground The Fox said:
It seems nice! You could gave to the model a skeleton, that will gave him more animation

It does have a complete skeleton, that's what I meant when I said I rigged it. Giving a model a skeleton is called rigging. I recently rigged the spikes, now check OP for an update.

You sir have done a wonderous job, but you have not won the internet.

by the way, can I get the orignal blend file with the rigging and uv? I have to ask, I have been attempting sonic on blender for months, hence why I have not been here.
Anyway nice ob on the md2 dude, a little bit more, and you would have won the internet

This thing is awesome!
But my only complaint is that...
He is a bit tall. It kinda ends up looking awkward.
That and the walking animation is kinda funky...

But other than that this is the best Md2 model Ive ever seen.

Now if only somone would make the 1.1 crawlas.

csmgiw said:
You sir have done a wonderous job, but you have not won the internet.

by the way, can I get the orignal blend file with the rigging and uv? I have to ask, I have been attempting sonic on blender for months, hence why I have not been here.
Anyway nice ob on the md2 dude, a little bit more, and you would have won the internet

So then, how about being a little more productive and telling me what you think needs to be done so I can win the internet.

And no, I'm not giving out the blend file, this is my work. If you wish, you can attempt one better by finding the Gmod models yourself and converting them as I did.

Chaofanatic said:
This thing is awesome!
But my only complaint is that...
He is a bit tall. It kinda ends up looking awkward.
That and the walking animation is kinda funky...

But other than that this is the best Md2 model Ive ever seen.

Now if only somone would make the 1.1 crawlas.

If you compare it to the sprite, its almost exactly the same size. How is the walking animation funky? I have to admit it was the hardest animation to do. Thank you for the compliment.

Maybe someday I'll attempt to model the 1.1 crawlas, but that's way at the end of the list after the characters.

ok so to win the internet good sir, heres what you need to do, yes I am about to nag

ok for one, make the finger indivual faces, like make the curve indivigually, I didnt get to look at the front on a count of my computers crap. But I say make an eye frame for diffrent things
ok so can you link to the gmods, like where they were?

csmgiw said:
ok so to win the internet good sir, heres what you need to do, yes I am about to nag

ok for one, make the finger indivual faces, like make the curve indivigually, I didnt get to look at the front on a count of my computers crap. But I say make an eye frame for diffrent things

The Heroes models aren't exactly hard to find, Google is probably the best place to start.

He's perfect for scenery of my level... :D

srb2win2008-09-2001-36-39-34.png

srb2win2008-09-2001-40-45-39.png

Just kidding... Anyway I'm amazed with this Sonic.

Ashnal, I don't want to rush you: are you planning to do the same with Tails? =)

Ashnal said:
Ezer.Arch said:
I ask because I'm learning Blender... I'm just curious. :-)
Of course. Actually, I just started learning blender a week and a half ago.

*Blender rules!*

I feel a rubbish before Blender. I've downloaded some tutorials from internet to learn and practice more.

I'm impressed because I didn't know SRB2 engine supports Blender models. 8D

Ezer.Arch said:
Just kidding... Anyway I'm amazed with this Sonic.

Ashnal, I don't want to rush you: are you planning to do the same with Tails? =)

I feel a rubbish before Blender. I've downloaded some tutorials from internet to learn and practice more.

I'm impressed because I didn't know SRB2 engine supports Blender models. 8D

Yes, Knuckles first, then Tails. And then I might attempt Shadow, Amy, and Metal Sonic. After that, I might attempt a three characters in one MD2 of Prime 2.0's design.

Oh and so you know, SRB2 doesn't support blender models at all. I had to use a couple different programs throughout the process. I didn't follow any tutorials either, I just found what I needed, and when I was stuck, referenced the manual.

csmgiw said:

It's not nagging if I ask for it, really.

I thought about eyes and fingers, but I really think it doesn't matter much now. For starters, You almost never look at the front of the model while playing, and his eyes look fine in their position for pretty much everything. Its useless giving the fingers their own bones, the hand position wouldn't look any better unless I add more verticies to the joints, something that would take more effort than I feel like giving it now for a very minor improvement. I would rather spend that time working on knuckles and tails.

I'll have won the internet when I finish the other two anyways.

Ashnal said:

No you won't.

By that time, you'll have won 3 internets.
Wonderful job on this ^^, I just wish my computer could add the models to the game without lagging so much T-T
I even took out the ring models and it's laggy T-T

Ultimate said:
Ashnal said:

No you won't.

By that time, you'll have won 3 internets.
Wonderful job on this ^^, I just wish my computer could add the models to the game without lagging so much T-T
I even took out the ring models and it's laggy T-T

Your computer is probably >4 years old then, time to get a new one!

20 bucks for you to do Tails first. ^_^
But this is awesome. What are you using to convert? I looked at the Garrysmod model, and it's got a whole different filetype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back