Darkspore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal-Rawr

Also known as Teravolt now
Well, the closed beta just became available to play today, and I must say this game's freakin' worth the fact that they didn't fix Galactic Adventure's glitches. You can actually play together in this (actually, it's SEPUSED to be played with other people), you can unlock and customize diffrent characters, change their stats, color, and a whole lot more!
I'm actually pretty suprised none made a thread about this yet.
Anyone knows when is the game open for sale? I'd like to get that.

DISCUSS...?

Last edited:
Well, the open beta just became available to play today, and I must say this game's freakin' worth the fact that they didn't fix Galactic Adventure's glitches. You can actually play together in this (actually, it's SEPUSED to be played with other people), you can unlock and customize diffrent characters, change their stats, color, and a whole lot more!
I'm actually pretty suprised none made a thread about this yet.
Anyone knows when is the game open for sale? I'd like to get that.

DISCUSS...?

Paraphrasing: "Here's a bunch of stuff about the game, now you don't even know what the game is."

Eh? I never seen in any beginning of a thread here people EXPLAINING the game. Besides, there's google for that. kthxbai.

For all you guys who haven't played Sims ever...
This game is based off the popular game by Maxis, "Spore". Spore was originally a game sort of like Sims where you controlled certain characters and make them do out their daily routines. What makes it different? The fact you can make any sort of creature you want.
Want to make a dragon? Sure. Want to make a slug? Go right ahead. Want to make a sea creature? ...Not just yet. Want to make something morally wrong? Yes, but don't bother uploading it.
In different areas of evolution (you follow a species throughout their evolutionary line), you play differently. For example, you can only control one creature that has to fight to survive away from its nest in Creature mode, yet you're controlling thousands under your palm trying to conquer the world (not space) in Civilisation mode.
In Galatic Adventures, you can finally do what you've always wanted to in Space mode, get out of your ship and fry some baddies.
DarkSpore (this is what is implied to me) is an Adventure game based off this concept. But instead of having a world of custoimisation and be able to shape your universe, all of that gets thrown out the window and you get a storyline instead involving cliche'd dark creatures.
I may try out the beta, whether it's on Steam or not. But I don't know if I'll like it or not.

Spore was terrible. The concept was neat, and the character creator was a lot of fun. But the actual game, once you got to the Space stage, just got so repetitive. It was sort of like an MMO, only you didn't even actually get to meet or play with anybody else. It was basically flying around, trying to explore planets to see what was on them, only you would end up interrupted with 'Those guys you didn't give all your money to are attacking our home planet on the other end of the galaxy, drop everything and come here RIGHT NOW'

And from what I hear, this is basically Diablo with slightly more character customization. Pass.

I just checked, it's in closed beta now. Sounds interesting, and I'm gonna try it out and see how it is. If I get accepted, that is. :P

Appearantly, I've got my beta key on the final day which you could've get 'em on... And I kinda agree with you Bob, but that's where the Galactic Adventures Expansion Pack comes in. You can use your creativity to make so much out of it. I recently tried making some SRB2 themed stages on it. My best work so far (no idea why I skipped that far when I insist on sharing them online only when they're in order) is BMZ2. I can share it without tags so others won't play it, only you will, if you'd like.
*Goes to Google "Diablo"*...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back