• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Stardust's Wacky Workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-imagined Sapphire Falls!

With the success(?) of mt_meadowreimagined.wad, I have been quiet for some time. But, upon someone complaining about Sapphire Falls being too small... I couldn't help myself. It was too be an expansion but...

srb20102.png

I got carried away.

srb20103.png

Skybox of Green Hill, with a Mania touch to it.

Now, here's the thing... I'm going to add a upper section as a tribute to Mania, like I did with the skybox. However, there wont be any caves as Re-imagined Meadow has one, believe it or not. And if I can do it, I'll add corkscrews using zoom-tubes as well.

But we'll see. ;)

Then that would ruin the theme, as Sapphire Falls was GHZ themed. I'll see about the sky... but the main textures aren't gonna change.

If you are about to make a bigger (Singleplayer ?) Sapphire Falls i suggest rebuilding it from start because that doesn't look too good tbh, I'd rather play the Smaller version which is Much more comfortable to run in / Fight others in, Add that to the fact that textures are eyesore and aren't very well used ,

Can we please not complain about the textures that were used in the original? Second of all, Romio, it's not for SP and is more based around Tag, just like Reimagined Meadow.

The point of our complaints is not the textures themselves, It's the way you used them .

They just make the level look flat and boring, Add more stuff to it, Like those purple blocks, More grass and more water, and add some decorative things such as Flowers for instance .

I'll add more of those rocks, of course. But more water, would ruin the level for me. (Also, I'm currently adding the trees, so that's a thing, I guess.)

Another preview!

So, instead of showing another gif or screenie, I thought to record some gameplay of Lush Hillside.

Hope ya enjoy my bad skill/lag the map in the video!

https://youtu.be/nlhiiCRHflM

I really need to tweak OBS' settings.

Huge update.

So, sorry about being inactive in this thread for so long, but I'm back with a new map pack, but this time it's for Match/Tag. (I made a CTF map, but idk)

jCiTauX.png

Urban Sunset has some trash-cans (off-screen) to hide in and can contain various things, such as springs to help you reach high places. I may consider completely redoing the skybox.

I7IccLE.png

Deep Waters is inspired by a old Sonic hack (which I can't remember). The skybox has some problems as well as UBZ's. I may need to fix this problem before it ever continues it's development.

KtufpyK.png

Midnight Fields is one of the maps that I spent most of my time making. Some of you may see that I used the same skybox that appears from Green Flowers Zone 3 or 4. I originally had made it for this zone.

ySWtKmC.png

"Why are you recreating Spring Yard from Sonic 1?!" Because I love how the zone works, especially with the layouts and everything. So, why not? There will be inside sections to hide in and bumpers to annoy you. (Especially if you're going for the rails, like a certain SRB2 player.)

lOgrVw5.png

I wondered why Bridge Zone never got recreated in Genocide Pack, so I decided to try my hand at it. The rock texture is yet to be updated and all.

IV5BmOk.png

A friend of mine wondered how Jungle Zone would look like in SRB2. Another friend said that would 'lit' as they put it. Well, here you go. I just barely started the map and plan to possibly make it more vetrical than the others.

Hope you like the screenshots, folks. I may or may not update with more screenies often.

Circuit Attack is not dead!

I'm not dead, just been quiet and kinda forgot about this thread.

srb20062.png

Circuit Attack's being revived with a fresh(ish) coat of paint. I'll be mainly removing levels that didn't work so well and revamping some to be more fair to Tails and Knuckles, like Lush Hillside, which is now known as Emerald Isle.

srb20065.png

There's also going to be new levels like this one, to replace the old ones. Hopefully I won't do so bad this time, when designing these kind of things.

As for if this is a new, updated version or not? I haven't decided, but we'll see...

Progress is lookin' pretty good so far, definitely an improvement from before. Im interested in seeing what you come up with next, just make sure you don't rush it and make it the best you can.

also you didn't credit me for touching up emerald isle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back