ArchPack v2.0 (scmrtf_archpack.wad + Parts pack) [Outdated version]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have control sectors! I'm so happy for you.

Huh?! ... just being sarcastic, obviously XD. All my levels have a massive amount of control sectors (which I'm proud of). Lift Bridge Zone has at least 40 control tags. MCZ2 will have 200. =P

Seriously, am I supposed to be guessing that this is a redesigned Mill Citadel or something?

BINGO. It's Mill Citadel (Hi MCZ! long time no see!). Long time without making an "actual" map too... just messing around with DB, but seems I'm getting more free time now. I'm adding the rooms I had removed (due to OLDC's deadlines) and more 2.0x features. I felt MCZ is lacking some variety; adding some maces wouldn't hurt (o well, WOULDN'T it ?)

srb20059.png

srb20057.png

srb20060.png

It's not the definitive design. Just testing some mechanics so I'll make things a tad harder for Tails. A final design with more stuffs and rooms will come soon, I hope.

Besides, I'm posting MCZ's screens because no one pests me to make more maps, for long time (I'm bored. HAAALP!)

A little question:

Do you think Mill Citadel should have a windmill and some cogwheels*? Just wondering... :3

(* not the same as of CEZ that don't move)

Interesting: I just realized I haven't seen OLDC maps using maces, to be precise, I have not seen any. :<

Maybe people's having troubles to understand how to set them up.

It's not explained on the wiki, that's why. Even if it's not hard to figure out, many people won't even try.

The levels that inspired me to make my own.

I simply LOVED these levels, arch. I definitely look forward to see these expanded upon~

5 stars!~

eh, Saturday is over. I spent all my free time testing maces for Mill Citadel Zone.

I created something like a "Mace gallery" to experiment some possibilities with maces. If you want to get it a try (and get hurt too), you should donwload the sample below.

Comments, please.

[Attachment removed]

Last edited:
Interesting: I just realized I haven't seen OLDC maps using maces, to be precise, I have not seen any. :<

Maybe people's having troubles to understand how to set them up.

IIRC Gothic Gardens in Sept/Oct09 uses them correctly. I could be wrong though, my memory is a bit foggy.

The music on the Mill levels...
Is that a regular music choice on the list or did you write it yourself/get it from somewhere?

If it is on the list, what's the #?

Arch Pack v0.4 will be out soon.

I believe this release will come with more substantial new content than v0.3 and will be out to test the new features and tweaks to see if it will turn out well. So, this is a release that is going out to be fixed and improved for v0.5.

Main changes for v0.4

Mill Citadel Zone (60% done)

Both MCZ1 and 2 are receiving some tweaks so they can look nicer. New enemy set. More texture variation and details in some areas.

- MCZ1 has now a new ending is done (I hope you'll like it).

- MCZ2 is going to receive more rooms (but not sure I'll make it for this release). Maces will be present with all glory.

- MCZ3: few minor changes.

Lift Bridge, Water Plant and Aqueduct Circuit Zone (100% done)

- LBZ: no important changes. Rail panels are now harder to be obtained.

- WPZ: water is now colormapped. Stupid "underwater cascade" glitch fixed (I replaced almost all no-side water FOFs with normal water FOFs). Minor changes for weapon lay-out.

- ACZ: Important changes in east-most part of the map, some more obstacles.

Pre-release testing servers

I'll be hosting once in a while the Arch Pack v0.4 for testings so you can download and tell me if something went wrong in time to get them fixed for public release.

That's all.

Last edited:
Arch Pack Repository

I've just created a wad repository where I'll "commit" the changes of the maps. The maps will be updated "almost" in real time, so you'll be able to follow the development and give me any tips about the changes:

• [REMOVED] see 1st post.
Notice: The material is available only for testing purposes. Plus, keep in mind if you download one of the maps, it may get outdated soon, once I can make new commits anytime.

Last edited:
Something like B1.scr_millcitadel_act1-20100424.wad?

I had even thought of it, but I wanted to avoid renaming every file by hand every time I did a change. Well, I won't mind doing so, since it wouldn't hurt me if I make such little task.

Did someone play Mill Citadel act 1 or 2 (not the "rebuilding" version)?

I'm curious to know what people think of my enemy layout there. I hope the overwhelming amount of Sharps hasn't been a big trouble for anyone. ^_~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back