SRB2DVD - Updated for 2.1.15!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2DVD R2 is here!

Chose promise, chose due!

Here is SRB2DVD R2 that fixes a lot of problems with 2.1.15 and other ones as well!

-Fixed 2.1.15 related issues
-Bumpers now work as they did back in Sonic CD and have proper physics!
-Icons from destroyed UFOs stay over your head so you can see which one you got.
-Players no longer go in their boredom animation at the end of the Special Stages.
-Getting hit by jaws without Rings now makes you lose 10 seconds.
-Added FSonic wiggle animations, thank you MotorRoach!
-Joining in the middle of a Special Stage shouldn't break the Hooks anymore.
-Fixed Timeflower default music
-Removed that one Past sign in the past

I wonder what would have happened if you went to the past when you was in the past...

-Players no longer go in their boredom animation at the end of the Special Stages.

R.I.P
ohAdpxk.png

Aw. I kind of liked it when Knuckles laughed as he got an emerald.

Other than that, it's nice to see this working for 2.1.15 again.

Last edited:
And you can't even spell my name which is not drowning in a wall of similar text correctly. Why does everybody always forget the extremely relevant apostrophe ;-;

either way, fixed, I guess.

Gotta love the new bounce physics, although it is bit buggy but I still like it.

Also did anyone noticed that I messed up this sector height in MAPS7...
888090srb20223.png
The update still does this to the sky texture when you die.
srb0014.gif
You might want to fix this also.
293415srb20226.png

Here is SRB2DVD R2 that fixes a lot of problems with 2.1.15 and other ones as well!

Last edited:
Could you tell me what these bugs are about? I'm too lazy to download and open srb2...

Some bug are just the same as the older version, where at times it doesn't make the player bounce off of the bumper everytime it is touched with another bumper. I really can't explain it you have to see for yourself. It just has more physics to the bouncing compared to the old one, it's like it has more of a knockback effect.

Last edited:
Some bug are just the same as the older version, where at times it doesn't make the player bounce off of the bumper everytime it is touched with another bumper. I really can't explain it you have to see for yourself. It just has more physics to the bouncing compared to the old one, it's like it has more of a push effect.
I see, then I guess I'll have to test by myself when I have time (understand: "when I'm not lazy") and see if it can easily be fixed.

-Getting hit by jaws without Rings now makes you lose 10 seconds.

Adding yet another Undertale reference, check!
Sorry "Lat'", but getting hit by jaws without rings while having 10 seconds or less on your timer will make you get stuck for eternity.
uZqZpEM.gif

I love this so much! Sonic CD is something I loved since I was so young and seeing this just brings back so many memories! Good job to you man!

Adding yet another Undertale reference, check!
Sorry "Lat'", but getting hit by jaws without rings while having 10 seconds or less on your timer will make you get stuck for eternity.
uZqZpEM.gif

That's strange, I never really noticed the bug myself, you would think it would have ended the level but it didn't. Was this in Singleplayer or Multiplayer during your recording?

Also I noticed that Lat added a sound effect when the player gets hit by the chompers which wasn't in the older version. I don't really know why he put it but he did.

Last edited:
That's strange, I never really noticed the bug myself, you would think it would have ended the level but it didn't. Was this in Singleplayer or Multiplayer during your recording?

This was recorded in single player but it can also happen in multiplayer. The first time I've noticed this though was in multiplayer when I was recording some Combiring videos. Later on I have redone this in singleplayer just to see if it really was the jaw. Turns out that if anyone gets hit by a jaw while having 10 seconds or less on the timer the game will get softlocked if all timers hit zero and you cannot continue (unless you restart the map and similar stuff). I can imagine this to be super annoying if someone does that on purpose.

Edit: This is exactly what happened while I was playing online. Note that there was no message saying that MosaicMario (me) ran out of time.

Edit 2: I have noticed that the timer instantly drops down by 10 seconds when you get hit by jaws. However the timer "slowly" drops 10 seconds when you touch water. I might be totally wrong but here is what I think: I think by counting down to zero it can properly trigger the time up routine. However, if it jumps down by 10 seconds it somehow misses the time up routine (maybe by dropping below 0 seconds or something like that) and thus the time will never run out. But those are only assumptions so...

Last edited:
Hey "Lat'" mind adding a starting pose for Shadow? I made this thing over here so it would be nice if you implemented it
l4ieefx.png

Last edited:
Sir, you must add the plates of future and past at other levels, replace the levels and place the plates, would be much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back