Official Level Design Contest: January/February 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
For CTF, I'm going to take a concept that was highly hailed from a previous contest, and execute the level design much, much better, then slap an Act 2 title on it. The actual level itself was terrible in terms of design.

Deep Forest was GOING to be a normal level, but dear god, why not?

That, and I figured out how door switches work!

Now just how the hell do I make the button go down...

does someone have the Updated SRB2 Doom Builder Config File? I rather not guess at what thing is what in the pack.

Edit: Unanswered question bolded

Nathan Speed said:
Deep Forest was GOING to be a normal level, but dear god, why not?

That, and I figured out how door switches work!

Now just how the heck do I make the button go down...

Uh...create another linedef executor tagged to that button, and have Linedef Type 106 also tagged to the button?

Ok, after fixing all bugs & glitches that I know of in my match map, Toxic Plant, it has now been sent in. I'm not sure if my SP map may make it however. Hopefully, we'll get more voters in the multiplayer section this contest coming up.

MONKAYS

agh... I been missing from the message boards for some time now Mostly cause I found out there was a way to put 3D models in Duke3D...

Anyway just to be clear I made those monkeys in my GHZ level for all to enjoy... Which means anyone can use them without my consent... so... knock yourselves out.

I'll Begin said:
glaber said:
does someone have the Updated SRB2 Doom Builder Config File for the resource pack?
Isn't it in the topic itself?
No, the link is dead. This is why I don't like Sendspace

1/19/09 Edit: So does any one have it?

I have sent in my Match level a while ago called...Boringe. Yes, I was trying to rhyme with orange. The gimmick is pretty mediocre, but I don't think it's been done before. Repeatedly jump on top of the black spots and you will get 3 points per jump. If you walk into the black spot, you will also get 3 points. It also uses the seldom-used dark-blue sky.

White Hole Zone isn't going to make it to the Single Player Division this contest. I'll submit North Pole Factory Zone instead, which is mostly finished. It's been gathering dust from Rule #4.

Green Mushroom Zone Act 2 will not see light of day from me, either. I'm gonna choose a different CTF idea. What that is going to be I'm not sure yet.

Can you put those in for later contests, though? They sound awesome!

By the way, is White Hole Zone anything like my own Nowhere Zone? Nowhere Zone is essentially a big white void with odd flat platforms and shapes.

Glaber base 5 is on hold due to no thing list for the asset pack. So in it's place will be another Glaber Special Stage.

fawfulfan said:
Can you put those in for later contests, though? They sound awesome!

By the way, is White Hole Zone anything like my own Nowhere Zone? Nowhere Zone is essentially a big white void with odd flat platforms and shapes.

No, white hole is one term I have heard for a wormhole. It's a Portal-themed level, with textures that I ripped directly from the game. One texture was directly from MyApertureLabs.com, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back