Different SRB2?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah, no that is a really old trailer. SRB2 still had some sonic extreme sprites and multithok back then.

A rare trailer of 2002 footage from sage. Note the texture is named OLDROCK in srb2.srb

EDIT: Wow, 3 people jump on one post in the same minute

If you read the video description, you'd find that it's actually an old trailer from 2002. Hence the lack of water, old textures, multithok, and placeholder sprites.

(Before someone asks, no that wasn't a bot, it was netplay.)

Edit: Beaten :(

You know if you'd read the freaking video description, you'd realize this was from Sage 2002. Why does nobody ever read the video description??
Also, it's not rare, I'm pretty sure you can find it on SSNTails' website or in the History section of srb2.org.

Shuffle said:
Why does nobody ever read the video description??
I did, and it was about a few hours before I saw this topic. It is not that hard to find the video description, people, since it is to the right of the video.

SSNTails said:
Deep Sea Zone

If it was being made that far back then why haven't we seen anything of it since then? Seriously, this was before Demo 1. I checked, and not even Demo 1 has textures in GFZ as outdated as that.

No, that's the _OLD_ Deep Sea Zone, trust us, you don't want to play that. It's very short, and doesn't even have a thok barrier.

Exactly why it was canned later on. Later (previous, relating to 1.09.4) releases dumped it, obviously enough.

Some of that level is coming back, whether others like it or not. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back