[Open Assets] Megaman (Boss) Update 1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapheros

FLM70hq.gif

It's the Blue Bomber himself! He's just askin for a fight isn't he?

Mega moves around the player and can randomly choose a move based on his own classic moveset:

Jumping: He jumps in the air, with mid-air physics and all, easy to hit him in, but very little room to attack him.

Lemons: Megaman will shoot 3 Buster Bullets at the player.

Slide: Megaman is completely invulnerable and will automatically hurt the player upon contact during this attack. He will try to dash towards the player for a second.

Charged Buster: The best chance to attack Megaman, he charges his buster for a second and shoots a large buster bullet at the player.

Jumping Lemons: Megaman's most elite and unpredictable attack, as he can jump, AND shoot at the player oh no!

You're free to use this boss in any self insert stage, however, I will have to reccommend to disable this portion of script:
Code:
	if not (mega.idletimer)
		mega.idletimer = 0
	end
	if (mega.state == S_MEGAMAN_STND)
		//print(mega.idletimer)
	//and not mega.target.valid
		mega.idletimer = $1+1
	else
		mega.idletimer = 0
	end
	if mega.idletimer %350 == 0
	and mega.idletimer > 0
		S_StartSound(nil, sfx_mradio)
		local smalltalk = P_RandomRange(1,5)
		if smalltalk == 1
			print("<Megaman> *Yawn*")
		elseif smalltalk == 2
			print("<Megaman> I hope Dr. Wily isn't coming up with any plans to destroy the world... or at least me.")
		elseif smalltalk == 3
			print("<Megaman> I feel like I'm going to get killed soon...")
		elseif smalltalk == 4
			print("<Megaman> Dr. Light DID tell me to watch this area for a while... I wonder why?")
		elseif smalltalk == 5
			print("<Megaman> Isn't something supposed to be happening here?")
		end
	end
This part of the script makes Megaman talk while he stands still for about 10 seconds. Which I can assume would be annoying if you hid him in a stage ERZ2 Style.

Special Thanks to the Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch Community for originally creating these sprites, their love for Megaman is much stronger than mine that's for sure =P

Attachments

• MegamanBoss.rar
    758.9 KB · Views: 1,681
Last edited:
Whew! Looks badass!
Gonna check it out now!
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT: MEGAMAN!!!

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Whew! Looks badass!
Gonna check it out now!
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT: MEGAMAN!!!

Oh god, why did it have to be released today...

So um, gonna update this in about 2 minutes and um...

EDIT: Because I don't know when to leave something alone, the past few days while this simmered in submissions I updated the boss to be a little more fair and more importantly

0eDrb3n.gif

This boss has a TopDown Version as well!

Last edited:
The only complaint I have with this boss is that there are hardly any rings in the arena so when playing vanilla SRB2, it automatically turns into a no damage run once that ring accidentally bounces into the ocean. Other than that, it's a pretty solid fight and I enjoyed it. Good job.

This is pretty cool, and considering the way he was made, I'm surprised you haven't made Mega Man into an actual character yet, because this would make for a pretty cool Character. Let's hope he can be included in that Boss Attack stage pack.

Wait. I checked, and Mega Man IS in Boss Mayhem. I don't think I remember seeing him there before, which is strange. He is pretty cool though. Hope you can make him playable.

So Megaman got a little update:

Megaman now has a custom boss bar.

Megaman also has the option to either move or stand still, when standing still he might Slide, Shoot Lemons, or Shoot a Charge Shot, when moving, he can either stand still, jump, jumpshoot, and slide. Hopefully this strategy explained can be a little helpful for other players.

Pre-level cutscene now has a background.

Boss cutscene can now be seen by all players who are in the map once it loads up and will not be able to move until the boss bar shows, players joining mid-cutscene will be unaffected and can unfortunately move preemptively to the boss before the map loaders can move.

So Megaman got a little update:

Megaman now has a custom boss bar.

Megaman also has the option to either move or stand still, when standing still he might Slide, Shoot Lemons, or Shoot a Charge Shot, when moving, he can either stand still, jump, jumpshoot, and slide. Hopefully this strategy explained can be a little helpful for other players.

Pre-level cutscene now has a background.

Boss cutscene can now be seen by all players who are in the map once it loads up and will not be able to move until the boss bar shows, players joining mid-cutscene will be unaffected and can unfortunately move preemptively to the boss before the map loaders can move.

Well looks like a new update to Boss Mayhem is in order.

Ha. I'm not bothering to update Boss Mayhem until a special condition hopefully takes place. Not sure when, but I wouldn't feel impatient.

Last edited:
Very well made boss saph! If I could suggest something, maybe have megaman fuse with rush during the pinch phase? He could alternate between jet and power megaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back