View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008   #17
Kuja

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFox
The voting works as follows: Play a few games of the stage in question, in the intended gametype for judging, and give the map a vote from 0 to 10, no decimals. You can not vote on your own map. Votes where the voter obviously did not play the level in its intended gametype, or where the voter did not play the multiplayer maps with other real players will be discarded. To encourage voting, if you are an author and you judge all of the competitor's maps, the lowest score on your map will be dropped. Please be as unbiased as possible for the author or the look of the map. It's all about how good the map plays, nothing else.

Feh. I guess THAT "rule" went out the window, huh? /not directed at Kroze

Anywho, I'm going to judge the SP entries for now. I couldn't get in a netgame for the match division, so yeah. That'll have to wait.

Waterfall Town Act 1 - 2/10

Well, this definitely doesn't look like a 20 minute hack job, amirite? Lack of obstacles and/or detail, wide, empty areas, and overall lazy copy/paste houses really didn't make me feel like you wanted to impress me with an actual Sonic level. It was more like, "lol entry" and see how badly I do.

Poison Palace Zone by SonicMaster - 7/10
Well, I think it was a nice level, overall. It was the best one in the division, though I suppose you didn't really need to try so hard this time around. I'll go into detail later, too lazy to give a full explanation now.

Scrap Brain Zone Act 3 by Glaber - 4/10
Well Glaber, I have some good news, and I have some bad news. The good news is that I didn't get lost, and finding the right way to go was a simple matter(I tend to have a good sense of direction most of the time, though). It was very Game Gear-ish, which I suppose was the whole point. Kudos on that. However, I have to say that the level was very bland, with a single enemy standing between me and the exi-oh wait, it was standing in the background. The springs and opening doors thing got repetitive, and there really was nothing else to the level that was remarkable, or anything. It would have been nice if you mixed it up a bit with a few other level features and/or scenery. Also what the heck? You used the conveyor belt only once, and it didn't really do anything other than look out of place. You could have SO exploited that for some level design possibilities.