[SUGOI] Shut Up and Get On It

Status
Not open for further replies.
kakkoii sugoi desu

Yeah, I think that sums it all up. This is a great level pack and I'm glad I was able to contribute to it. There's one thing, though.

I can't open the door between the doors for the Finale and GS16. I have completed both those levels with all emeralds, I have collected 44 emblems (I'm guessing the last one is behind that door, alongside Komachrome Void, the entrance to which I wasn't able to find either), but the door won't bulge. What am I missing?

In The Roykirbs Zone
Flashing Macho Man In Wait
No Checkpoint Needed

Last edited:
And that makes 45 emblems. Arigatou toasuteru-sama.

Fake walls are so cheating, though. I only found it through pure luck.

When I was trying an older version a few days ago I was having trouble in some of the stages which used module music on Linux. I assumed it was just some compiler thing I didn't get right. I'll try it out again when I can and see if I can figure out anything about it.

When I was trying an older version a few days ago I was having trouble in some of the stages which used module music on Linux. I assumed it was just some compiler thing I didn't get right. I'll try it out again when I can and see if I can figure out anything about it.
It's the complete opposite for me, none of the formats GME has listed as supported works.

It's the complete opposite for me, none of the formats GME has listed as supported works.
Bingo! That's exactly the problem.

I tested each of the stages for music. These are the ones which don't play.

Title Screen
Overgrown Castle [12]
Lilac Conservatory [13]
Sunset Ruins 1 [14]
Sunset Ruins 2 [Boss Fight] [15]
Sky Labyrinth [17]
Gravity Well [26]

After opening sugoi-v1.wad in Slade, I was able to identify why. Every single problem piece of music is a game music file. This would seem to indicate that SRB2 is not recognizing the files properly and trying to play them as though they're another format, presumably midi, and failing to do so.

I've submitted a bug report now that the problem has been identified and I can confirm I'm not the only one with the issue.

EDIT: NEVERMIND Not an SRB2 bug. It's a compilation issue. Still, the bug report has the fix.

Last edited:
I stand by my comments above.

This turned out really great! I'm honestly surprised it blew up like it did, and I'm glad. I wish I had felt more inspired to make my map as cool as some of these, though :y

I don't think this was intended...

srb20001.gif

Anyways, I love this wad and it's by far the best and largest I ever seen!
dat final boss though

Last edited:
Emerald Help

This mod is awesome and all, but the emerald locations are ridiculously hard for some people, including me. I have a Single Player save file with every emerald except the first one. Where the heck is it? The only place I could think it would be in is the first stage of Area 1. (The one with the emerald pieces to collect.)

Also I'm missing 3 emblems, and one of them is for collecting all the emeralds...

I was just playing one of the levels, but then it crashed. So I tried again. But the mod crashed again. Do you think this happen because of the other wads I was using?

I was just playing one of the levels, but then it crashed. So I tried again. But the mod crashed again. Do you think this happen because of the other wads I was using?

Make sure you're using v2.1.16 in order to get SUGOI to work properly.

It was on fudge canyon

It says that srb2 caused a access violation in srb2win.exe at 0023:004fedf9.

what's next to "EIP=" in the file?

(I have a feeling this may be the same crash I've encountered there a few times, something about the level seems to make the game unhappy for some reason)

Yeah, just not really on the SRB2 scene.

You can angle your trajectory with the movement keys while you're rolling. Discovering that made me go from "Huh. I actually don't want to play this level any more." to "All right, this is a neat gimmick."

Silver can't spindash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back